Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Evan Longoria had a three-run homer and an RBI single Sunday for Double-A Montgomery.

Longoria has three homers in four games and is batting .320/.439/.594 in 128 at-bats. The Rays are going to have to test him with Triple-A pitching before much longer.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    Wow, he has moved through the system fast, he might be the 3rd baseman before the year is out for the D-Rays.

vCash
    Double-A Montgomery's John Jaso went 3-for-5 with a homer and four RBI on Monday.

Jaso is batting .315/.370/.478 in 92 at-bats. Unfortunately, he'll be lucky to be considered as even a part-time catcher in the majors. Still, his left-handed bat could allow him to contribute in a limited role.
    Andy Sonnanstine allowed fanned 10 while allowing one run and two hits over seven innings Monday for Triple-A Durham.

Sonnanstine is doing his best to overtake Jason Hammel and become the first starter called up by the Rays. He's 5-2 with a 2.05 ERA, 35 H and 57/9 K/BB in 52 2/3 innings. Hammel has a 2.76 ERA in his eight starts.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    Jeremy Hellickson allowed one hit in five scoreless innings and struck out 10 for low Single-A Columbus on Tuesday.

Hellickson has a 1.35 ERA in four starts since coming off the DL last month. Sally League hitters are batting just .178 against him.
    Double-A Montgomery's Evan Longoria left Tuesday's game after he was hit on the left elbow by a pitch.

Longoria stayed in initially, but he left when it swelled up on him. He's day-to-day.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    Yeah i bet he comes up by the end of the season.

vCash
    Evan Longoria returned to Double-A Montgomery's lineup on Thursday and went 1-for-4.

Longoria didn't play Wednesday after leaving Tuesday's game with a bruised left elbow.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    That's ok, he will still be up by this year.

vCash
    Wade Townsend returned to the mound for low Single-A Columbus on Friday and allowed two runs in six innings.

He fanned nine. Townsend, making his way back from Tommy John surgery, missed his previous two starts with right forearm fatigue.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    It's about time he did something, atleast he will add to our pitching depth in the majors in the foreseeable future.

vCash
    Brian Stokes didn't retire either of the two batters he faced after starting the eighth for the Rays in Sunday's loss.

Stokes ended up being charged with two runs, combining with Shawn Camp to turn a two-run lead into a one-run deficit. It's still hard to see why Stokes was handed such a crucial role in the bulpen. He was mediocre in the spring, and he's now given up 32 hits and five homers in 19 2/3 innings this season. He should be in Triple-A.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    Rays have top 3 prospects:
    Looks like Alan was right on. In this Tampa Tribune article, Harrison confirmed the three players the Rays have focused on the most are indeed Price, Wieters and Vitters. It’s obviously no surprise, and Price keeps pitching his way to elite status, striking out 15 Thursday night in dominating LSU 4-1. “I felt like I threw my fastball wherever I wanted to tonight,” Price said that night. “I threw my slider where I wanted and I felt like I was clicking in my windup so I felt good.”

Wieters supposedly is having a down year, but his 1.107 on-base plus slugging is actually the best mark of his amazing three-year career at Georgia Tech. Vitters, a third baseman at Cypress (Calif.) High, remains the consensus choice as the top high school hitter in the country.
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=37

vCash
    Josh Paul (elbow) missed Sunday's game and was seen wearing a sling in the clubhouse.

Manager Joe Maddon said Paul's elbow was "sore, very sore" after he hyperextended it Saturday night. If he needs a trip to the disabled list, the Devil Rays will likely call up Shawn Riggans from Triple-A.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    Sergio Pedroza went 4-for-5 with three homers and six RBI Monday for Single-A Vero Beach.

Pedroza is repeating A ball because the Rays have him learning to catch, even though he's DHing most of the time. The 23-year-old is batting .308/.413/.538. He still qualifies as a solid outfield prospect, but the Rays didn't think they'd ever need him there.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    Devil Rays optioned outfielder-designated hitter Jonny Gomes to Triple-A Durham.

Rays manager Joe Maddon makes it pretty obvious who his favorites are, and it was clear he was down on Gomes even before the regular season started. Given the chance, Gomes would at least match Ty Wigginton's .244 average and .446 slugging percentage while besting his .277 OBP by 50 points or more. However, one of those two has spent the season as the regular cleanup hitter, while the other had started 14 times in 48 games. Gomes needs a chance to move on.
    rotoworld.com

vCash
    Gomes needs to get more at bats in triple a, he'll be back soon i bet. But for now Wigginton is our better DH

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast