Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Week 12: New Orleans Saints (8-2) at Los Angeles Rams (7-3)

Another game against a QB that has been playing well. Need players on defense to get better as the Rams will try to air it out. Hopefully 2 weeks out is enough for Vaccaro. I really want him and Lattimore back. I really wish Sterling Moore was still around. I trust him more than Crawley and Williams.

At least weather shouldn't be an issue. USC won't use the field the day before, so it should be in decent shape.

Okafor out

Time for people to step in and step up on D

Like a ghost town in here. What the hell? Who’s chasing everyone out these days? I know it ain’t BB.

Rams will be down Robert Woods. Maybe that slows Goff down.

They aren't good at stopping the run. Steady dose of Ingram and AK.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:31997852

Who are you referring to AJ? Oh that's right you're talking about that dynamic duo we have MI-6 and AK-47 yea those two are killing it. See what I did there lol.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Ok here's where I am at this point and I'll tell you that last game really made me change my perception of Fleener as well.

I'm inclined to believe now if we really wanted to we still could pass the ball with success to Fleener and the other pass catchers and win that way IF we wanted too. We just haven't had too. This is very comforting and it makes me think the Saints are a very dangerous team on offense.

I still hope we can get AK47 and MI6 a game or two of lighter workload before the playoffs. Ideally more but maybe I'm being overly cautious with that.

The defensive injuries are concerning though. We lost pass rush and coverage ability all at once. That sucks!

However this is why I look to the pass game for security.

So the question now may become can we outscore our opponents in a shootout which typically involves heavy passing. Based on the way we scored verse Redskins I think we can. And unfortunately with the new injuries we may very well have too.

Can a potent run game compete against a team that is passing well on our defense is what we may face in the coming weeks. I personally don't think so. Run game correlates with solid defense. Take one away and now the balance is off. The pass game has to now compensate for lack of D. Just like it has been for a number of years.

All that said I don't think the Rams are going to be the team that tests us in this regard. I think they want to run it just as much as we do.

I'm going with a low scoring game here too close for me to call Saints 17 Rams 17. If we were at home I think we win for sure on the road banged up it seems things are pretty even.

AJ mentioned it this one will come down to discipline execution and Coaches decision making.

I think Special Teams will have to step up here and contribute a big gain on a return or some points to get us the edge here.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

With Okafor being out the rest of the year on the achilles I don't see why the Saints haven't bought a plane ticket for Dwight Freeney yet. Super cheap deal and he can still get to the QB. Just saying.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞:31998558
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:31997852

Who are you referring to AJ? Oh that's right you're talking about that dynamic duo we have MI-6 and AK-47 yea those two are killing it. See what I did there lol.
    Love those names!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78:31998847
    With Okafor being out the rest of the year on the achilles I don't see why the Saints haven't bought a plane ticket for Dwight Freeney yet. Super cheap deal and he can still get to the QB. Just saying.
    I'd kick the tires. He had 3 sacks in 4 games. He clearly has something left, but he would need to be in a rotation to keep him fresh.

You might be right on Fleener, but he's too expensive to be a "use in case of emergency" pass-catcher. If we want a TE who costs a lot and doesn't block a lot, bring back Graham! At least he's money in the red zone.

I'm starting to like the Saints more in this game. I'd take AK47 and MI6 (wish they would change numbers lol) over Gurley and his back up. The Saints have a better O-line. I think the Saints have a more innovative offense in terms of playcalling. The Rams scare teams with Gurley, which opens things up for Goff.

The Rams have a better defense, but they are like the Saints because they don't get a lot of pressure without blitzing. Brees kills blitzes; Goff is practically a rookie who is down his best WR. I know we haven't missed him a lot with the decent line play, but Fairley would have been sweet for this game. Saints with Fairley, Breaux, and everyone else healthy? Hot damn!

If Lattimore can go, I see 24-17 Saints. If he is limited or can't go, I see 38-35 Saints. The Rams remind me of the 2006 Saints, and that team hit the wall late. Young teams will do that as they're learning to handle success. They'll want to come out hot to help forget that game in Minnesota. I hope McVay overhypes them, so they spin their wheels early.

Pick up freeny

Lions claimed Freeney off waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonsaints View Post
    Like a ghost town in here. What the hell? Who’s chasing everyone out these days? I know it ain’t BB.
    Newbie here. I'm quiet because I'm learning so much here and I don't have anything to add. Thanks for all the posts everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by town123:32001445
    null
    Happy to have you here!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast