Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Cut Dez his production isn't worth the contract or the distraction. Sign Landry or draft a WR with the first pick. 2nd pick should be a LB unless we can bring back Hitchens. I think were good on DB's, be it we keep Scandrick or release him. All the rookies got experience last year and will be better this year. Sign a G and DT in free agency. If Roquan Smith is on the board at 19 you have to take him even if Hitchens comes back. I'd use 3rd round pick to draft a QB (still not sold on Dak being the future).

Well, it seems like the last few years, a great number of the real contenders in the playoffs had extremely strong defenses and secondaries--much needed in a pass happy league. As long as our defense is above average, but not elite, it's going to be at the level where maybe they have a good record, but not really make waves in the playoffs or even get there at all. I agree that we could use a surplus at the linebacker position and by surplus I mean an extra star linebacker. That position is very violent and I've yet to see Sean Lee be able to play the entire season just because of the way he throws his body in there--no business decisions on his part. Dez has not been the same since 2014...look how much he has dropped off. I'd keep Beasely...I can imagine Beasely going gangbusters in New England where they seem to be able to make castoffs from other teams play at a high level. I think Amendola was on our practice squad. If another tackle suddenly becomes available, I'd check into it. Tyron Smith is a great player, but his body has taken a lot of punishment and I just don't know how long he'll hold up. Fans don't even know that because of his back he can't do some of the athletic moves we saw a few years ago...it's not apparent because he's physically so strong, he gets away with just manhandling guys. But, when fully healthy, he's a freak of nature. When he was out, it was just brutal, none of our backups could even hang in there.

Former Packer Tight End Jermichael Finley said this about Dez:

"I think age is catching up with him some. I think what Dez didn't do right was change his game. When the game changed, he didn't change. The game is getting bigger, faster, stronger. And Dez stayed the same. He's not a guy that's gonna route you up. He's not a guy that's gonna get separation. He's guy that if you throw the ball by the corner back's head, he's gonna take it off his head. He's a power guy. He's a guy that's gonna get yards after the catch. So get the ball in his hand because he's not a separation guy at all. He's never been that."
    https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...ers-look-crazy

Doug Pederson makes SB in his 2nd season as head coach. Of course his team was completely injury free all season right?

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Doug Pederson makes SB in his 2nd season as head coach. Of course his team was completely injury free all season right?
    Zookman, who are you rooting for in the Superbowl? What do you think is the outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Zookman, who are you rooting for in the Superbowl? What do you think is the outcome?
    Believe it or not I am pulling for NE and Tom fricking Brady. I watched the Tom vs. Time documentary online and that well crafted piece of propaganda sold me - I love his work ethic and sacrifice in being the best of all time. I couldn't help but contrast his off season routine with Mr. Tony Romo and the whispers around valley ranch that he was incredibly more concerned about getting in 36 holes a day during the offseason than any type of off season rigorous regimen. Also I recall the regret I had when I originally rooted for the Giants against the Pats then realized that Eli and the Giants now had a SBs more recently than our Cowboys. Having said all this I think Eagles have a very good chance but I am pulling for NE in what I think is a coin flip game. You Rocketfuel?

Believe it or not I am pulling for NE and Tom fricking Brady. I watched the Tom vs. Time documentary online and that well crafted piece of propaganda sold me - I love his work ethic and sacrifice in being the best of all time. I couldn't help but contrast his off season routine with Mr. Tony Romo and the whispers around valley ranch that he was incredibly more concerned about getting in 36 holes a day during the offseason than any type of off season rigorous regimen. Also I recall the regret I had when I originally rooted for the Giants against the Pats then realized that Eli and the Giants now had a SBs more recently than our Cowboys. Having said all this I think Eagles have a very good chance but I am pulling for NE in what I think is a coin flip game. You Rocketfuel?
    Me too. It really depends on their opponent. I rooted for the Patriots against the Seahawks (I hate Richard Sherman). I did hate the Patriots for a while with the whole tape-gate and deflate-gate, but that's dwindled since it seems like they don't really even need it. Tom seems super likeable in interviews so he's really hard to hate and I felt like he was super diplomatic when that DJ criticized his daughter. Turns out Tom is having a much greater life than we can even imagine. I feel like their coaching staff outcoached the Jaguars----No Gronk. That Jaguars defense is super athletic. And somehow, they carved up the Jaguars and pulled through the game. Amendola was on our freaking team. How do they manage to get a non-mobile QB to operate so well to receivers that aren't exactly fast? The Patriots have rarely dominated anyone in the Superbowl--it's usually pretty close.... I think Bellichek's coaching staff is just very good at making adjustments. Who knows when their lack of speed/athleticism catches up to them. If the Jaguars had a little better strategy and more on offense. I guess it will be stress free for us since it's not like there's a lot at stake for us...I am just going to enjoy food and relax watching it. I think our Superbowl drought started when Jerry chased Jimmy out of town. We had Bill, but it seemed like they clashed from day one. Those are the only 2 star coaches I can think of since the last superbowl days.

Iím rooting for the Patriots, if youíre a Cowboys fan, there is no way you root for those dirty birds
    #BringBackMatty

Hate to say it, but go Pats. I could never root for the Eagles as a Cowboys fan.

**** me. Makes me hate the Cowboys leadership and coaching staff worse. Garret 7.5 years as a head coach and 2.5 as an O coordinator - no playoff runs whatsoever. Pederson - 2nd year and worst to champions with injured RB, Left Tackle, linebacker and all pro QB. Huh..

**** me. Makes me hate the Cowboys leadership and coaching staff worse. Garret 7.5 years as a head coach and 2.5 as an O coordinator - no playoff runs whatsoever. Pederson - 2nd year and worst to champions with injured RB, Left Tackle, linebacker and all pro QB. Huh..
    Trust the process lol.

You donít understand the process.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mac View Post
    Release Scandrick, move Jones to CB and keep him there, get FS in free agency (Eric Reid or Lamarcus Joyner) or make a trade for Earl Thomas (2nd round pick at the most), and/or draft a FS. The secondary got better as the season went on and these moves would make it even better maybe even dominant. And get a LB high in the draft if to cover for Sean Lee, not if, when he gets injured and Jaylon Smith still isn't where we need him to be.
    Keep in mind that in addition to very likely losing Hitchens that are also likely going to lose David Irving. They are going to place a 2nd round tender on him with the expectation that heíll get signed and they will get an extra 2nd round pick.

I still would love for them to draft DT Vita Vea. If Roquan Smith is still on the board though they HAVE to draft him. LB is the biggest weakness on this team. They need a playmaker right in the middle of that defense. They have to get a run stuffing 1-tech though. Until they do their defense will always be suspect and their LBís will always get really beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Keep in mind that in addition to very likely losing Hitchens that are also likely going to lose David Irving. They are going to place a 2nd round tender on him with the expectation that heíll get signed and they will get an extra 2nd round pick.

I still would love for them to draft DT Vita Vea. If Roquan Smith is still on the board though they HAVE to draft him. LB is the biggest weakness on this team. They need a playmaker right in the middle of that defense. They have to get a run stuffing 1-tech though. Until they do their defense will always be suspect and their LBís will always get really beat up.
    I would really hope that if Vea is on the board when they are up that we draft him. I don't care about Marinelli not usually caring about 1 techs in his scheme, dude would really help our defense out a lot. You need athletic run stuffers up the middle. I agree about Smith too, though. I'd like him over Vea just because you can find similar guys for relatively cheap in free agency, but a future LB core of Jaylon and Roquan Smith would be very nice.

Take best available player, with added weight on offense and defense line. Win the trenches. Iíd personally like to see more cooper rush in preseason. Biggest thing we need is depth. Canít have entire team apnea absolutly horrible cause we lose Tyron for a few games or lee for a few games. Need better backups.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast