Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Offensive or Defensive-minded replacement?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive

21 87.50%
  • Defensive

3 12.50%
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I don't see the fascination with Nagy.
    Same other than coaching under Reid idk anything about him.

McDaniels is my #1

But close #2ís are Nagy and Defilippo. I canít decide between the two.

Flipís personality is huge and looks to definitely looks like the locker room guy. Could be almost overbearing though. I wish he was the OC also. This will be his first playoff game since 2009.

Nagy, love his background/resume. A bit more passive than I prefer though, not a big voice (from the interviews I watched). I love that heís been calling plays under Reid, worked with a rookie QB, has coached extensively in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Reid gave up play calling duties to him.

He suposedly had a huge role in some of the new play calling which maximized the players they haf. Getting Kelce involved. Making smith have what may habe been his best year in KC.

He has also gotten high praise from Reid.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    In terms of coaching vacancies where would you guys rank us in terms of appeal????

Looking at some of the teams

Raiders.... Probably the most appealing of all the teams in terms of being set up for success. They have some spots that could be better but they also have a lot of tallent pre set up at key possitions. However. They seem pretty set already. Only 18 mil projected cap space. But 9th/10th pick is nice. It sounds like gruden is their guy though.

Giants.... Well. They were supposed to be a contender this year. D was set up to be elite. Offense had loads of talent. But it went to ****. Not sure what to think. Ask me a year ago. They would be one of the best. Now. Im not sure how much change needs to happen. But it seems like they will go rebuild offense mode. They have a few prices like Odel Engram and sheppard. But oitside of that. Empty line. Empty backfield. New QB likely. And loads of work. 26 mil in cap space is not a ton to rework things. But the #2 pick is a solid start.

Lions... Have a solid team. But there is nothing about them that makes me say wow. 13th overall offense but running game is a mess. 27th rated defense needs loads of work. They are projected to 52 mil in cap space though. Which could do loads to improving that D. 20th pick though. I would figure a defensive minded coach.... But you never know.

Colts... Im unsure how to think of them. They have luck..... Or do they. Their d is a mess. Their running game does not exist. And i have no idea where they go at #3. (Though I suspect trade down to a qb needy team) in honestly not sure if they go offense or defense in terms of HC. But to me. In terms of pure tallent on roster. They just lack in a lot of spots.but projected 82 mil could get you help.

Cardinals..... Well this is an odd case. As they have some talent between some core stars on D. And David Johnson. But that whole offense is ready for a rebuild. No QB. Fitz could retire. Line is ok at times. But still needs work. Luckilly their d has enough tallent to be ok. 15th pick and 17 mil in cap space does not look so hot in terms of starting that rebuild.

So looking it over. Where would you rank us.

We are 1 of 3 teams with QB figured out ( lions and raiders being the others)
    We are 1 of 3 teams with what seems to be a solid workings of a defense (Raiders and Cardinals being the others )
    We are 1 of 3 teams with projected 45+ in cap space (colts and lions being the others)
    We are 1 of 4 teams with a top 10 pick (colts Raiders and Giants being the others)

To me. I suppose it depends on whay you are looking for. But

If im looking for quick success where little needs to be done.....Raiders.

If im looking for a team where i can mold the defense.... Lions with their cap space and offense in tact.

If im looking for a team to mold to my will. As a whole.....Colts with their cap and pick

If im looking for a team where D is set and im mold the offense ( though a set QB) ..... Bears with our 45 mil and pick.

To me. The Giants and Cardinals lack of cap space is huge in terms of trying yo turn it over relitivly fast.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...6%7Ctwterm%5E0
    Up to 6 candidates (that we know of): McD, Flip, Shurmur, Nagy, Wilks, Edwards.

Guessing they'll interview Edwards the same day as Shurmur.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-03-2018 at 10:33 AM.

New Coach Speculation- Fox's Replacement

I mean, if you are going to look at a DC, Edwards makes some sense.

I like that Pace is doing his due diligence and is exploring multiple options.

(Edit: by multiple options I mean guys with differing backgrounds/specialties)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of :Arizona
    NY
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Indianapolis

I'd have to say the Bears job looks pretty good. Granted AZ and Detroit are "better" right now, but the Bears future, some core pieces to work with, #8 pick plus $$$ to spend looks pretty good I think.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I think Arizona is one of the worst openings TBH. They need a complete overhaul Offensively now that Palmer has retired, Fitz is close to retirement, and David Johnson may not be the same player again, plus their OL is horrendous.

Defensively they are still very good, but that's the only appeal to that job IMO.

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/...87719235694592
    I don't make much of this stuff so early in the process, but I'd be pissed if Todd Haley were our next coach.

Looks like McDaniels is getting a big push to be Giants next head coach.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...2018-112986388

Also no to Todd Haley. Guy is a bit of a loose canon.

I was just about to ask why Haley isn't getting more attention. Pittsburgh has been dominant offensively and with all of these 2nd chance coaches it just seems right to at least check in on him. I'm Not saying I want him I just thought it was weird why he hasn't been mentioned more.

Bar room brawls and fisticuffs with players on the national stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post
    I was just about to ask why Haley isn't getting more attention. Pittsburgh has been dominant offensively and with all of these 2nd chance coaches it just seems right to at least check in on him. I'm Not saying I want him I just thought it was weird why he hasn't been mentioned more.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    Bar room brawls and fisticuffs with players on the national stage.

Flip, Nagy, bust for me. Nothing about these other guys really excites me.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast