Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Offensive or Defensive-minded replacement?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive

21 87.50%
  • Defensive

3 12.50%
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    What is a realistic timeframe for the new coach to be hired? After the divisional round maybe - the week of the 15th? or later
    I'd say that's a pretty reasonable expectation. IIRC, Shanahan had agreed with the Niners before the NFCC last year, but it couldn't officially be announced until after the Super Bowl.

So, whoever it is, I'm guessing we'll know by next weekend. Pace made it clear during his press conference that he was going to be aggressive in the process as well (since there are several teams with openings), so I'd assume he wants it wrapped up quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-05-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Im straight down with the Bears tampering right now! Please go offer Belichick the sun, the moon, the stars; ownership stake. player personnel say. He avoid all the media days and the bears will just swallow the fine.
    whatever. it. takes.

Change the stadium name to "The Soldiers of Bill Belichik Field"

Bill Belichick's Bank One Bears

Belichek won't coach anywhere else. I think he and Brady both retire together...maybe not this year, but when one hangs it up, I think the other one does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Belichek won't coach anywhere else. I think he and Brady both retire together...maybe not this year, but when one hangs it up, I think the other one does as well.
    Rumor is he didn't want to trade Jimmy so I doubt that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Not sure that means they wouldn't retire with each other. It's tough to say with rumors. I'm sure there's at least some fire there, but who knows how much and to what extent.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Not sure if you've read that article, but there are zero named sources and it mostly seems like a bunch of hearsay that's sensationalized to sell the story.

I don't doubt that Belichick wanted Jimmy G to stay, but with the way Brady played this year (and he wants to continue playing) they had to get something for him or their only option was tagging him.

I agree with KG here, BB will still be the coach there as long as he wants and he probably walks away when Brady does. I doubt he's ever coaching another team, and even if he did it's almost certainly not the going to be the Bears.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Then they both move to florida and are neighbors in a nice understated community and a sitcom gets made about them. Chad Ocho Cinco is the comic relief as the wacky mailman. And Bill is constantly nagging tom about his trees leaves falling into his back yard. Super Bowls to Golden Globes
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

I think he should go LeBron and go back to Cleveland.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Few tidbits on potential order guys. (I know it was brought up B4 like there might be something to it. )

We have interviewed a four guys in two days. But all those guys had playoff byes

Defillipo (eagles)
    Pat Schumer ( Vikings )
    George Edwards ( Vikings)
    Josh McDaniel (Patriots)

The next two i am aware of dont have byes and scheduled for next week. (Likely because it was not viable to miss practice or team functions prior to their game. )

Nagy plays the Titans on Saturday and will be interviewing with us Sunday day after the game.

Steve Wilks (who i really think has no shot anyway ) plays Sunday. I'm not sure when he is availible for interview or will be yet.

As far as order or of those first four. Who cares.

But this is likely why Nagy came in late. Also Wilks i supose but still think he is part of that afirmitive action rule rather than a real candidate. Though I may be wrong.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Side note. Any reason why Patricia was not one of our calls. I was just looking over this guys resume and he seems to have done it all for NE.

New England Patriots (2004–present)
    - Offensive assistant (2004)
    - Assistant offensive line coach (2005)
    - Linebackers coach (2006–2010)
    - Safeties coach (2011)
    - Defensive coordinator (2012–present)

Offense.... defense..... Seems like a well rounded guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Side note. Any reason why Patricia was not one of our calls. I was just looking over this guys resume and he seems to have done it all for NE.

New England Patriots (2004–present)
    - Offensive assistant (2004)
    - Assistant offensive line coach (2005)
    - Linebackers coach (2006–2010)
    - Safeties coach (2011)
    - Defensive coordinator (2012–present)

Offense.... defense..... Seems like a well rounded guy.
    I thought there was a tweet posted on here saying we were interested in both Patricia and McDaniels. I could be wrong, or maybe he declined and Pace hasn't said anything publicly?

As much as you guys might not want to admit it the Bears HC job can be considered risky. The last two coaches (Fox and Trestman) will likely never get another NFL head coaching job, pretty sure the reputation of McCaskey and Phillips is not the greatest and you know those guys aren’t going anywhere. If a new guy comes in and fails, if Trubisky ends up a bust, the new guy might struggle to get another NFL head coaching job. Lots of openings right now, a few of these top candidates might have choices and the Bears job might not be the most attractive.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast