Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Offensive or Defensive-minded replacement?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive

21 87.50%
  • Defensive

3 12.50%
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/vide...5-5cd753a15f42

Skip to the 1:30 mark. I can watch this **** all day. Hard not to become infatuated with the guy.

Believe in Seth Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I donít get why they would get rid of him if heís so great though.
    FO friction from what I can tell. This is the first time since he's been there that they've given him a QB worth a ****. Final year of his contract too.
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    What's impressive to me is that he went from Savage to Watson and completely adapted a new scheme to play to Watson's strengths overnight. The Bears, well, they are still clueless.
    Yeah, this is kinda what I'm getting at. I still maintain a lot of what Watson was doing was unsustainable, but O'Brien knew how to play to his strengths and turn them into a top 5ish Offense in an 8 game stretch.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Anyone have any interest in Pat Shurmur as a potential HC Hire.

He isn't my favorite option but has gotten the most out of a Minnisota offense led by Case Kennum

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Anyone have any interest in Pat Shurmur as a potential HC Hire.

He isn't my favorite option but has gotten the most out of a Minnisota offense led by Case Kennum
    I was pretty high on shurmur a few weeks ago, but have cooled down some after watching some videos of him. Seems like a bit of an awkward guy, not sure how he would handle the Chicago media pressure and commanding a lock room. I would be fine with him as a hire, but not extremely excited either. He has done a lot of good with some pretty bad QBs in his career, and seemed like a decent enough HC in Cleveland who got the raw end of the deal with new ownership.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/944907769492197376

Hopefully this is just something that a national guy would just say bc if not, **** me ****ing sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/944907769492197376

Hopefully this is just something that a national guy would just say bc if not, **** me ****ing sideways.
    The Ted Philips part? It's a little concerning, but I'm not sure I buy it.

Not that I exactly trust Bernstein, but I'd imagine this is the only role Philips has in the search (and it ****ing better be):
    https://twitter.com/dan_bernstein/st...6%7Ctwterm%5E0

If the stadium was any indication, chants of "Fire Fox" resonating through sections should drive him away.

HEAD COACH: Josh McDaniels- Pace goes out to hire the top offensive coordinator in the game, after a little convincing. For McDanielsí shortcomings as the Broncoís HC, itís believed that he has a different mentality this time around. However, he still has the tough-mindedness that Chicago craves. One of the top offensive minds in the game, innovative game planning is a must. His age and use of analytics shuld mesh well w/ Ryan Pace. This is where JM will excel. Give him some of that Jimmy Garoppolo credit, Jacoby Brissett not so bad either. IMO, Pace gets his Sean Payton.
    Offensive Coordinator: Joe Lombardi- Credit Ryan Pace with this hire. Ling time Saints coach w/ NFC North ties. Brings a different perspective, wonít just be a yes-man to McDaniels.
    QB Coach/AHC: Mike McCoy- Former QB with long history as an OC. Former McDaniels OC will be a great coach for Trubisky
    WR Coach: Wes Welker- Been an offensive assistant under OíBrian. Pats legend, who would know JMís offense better?
    O-Line Coach: Mike Devlin- Inherited from Bill OíBrian. Also a former Rex Ryan Jets coach.
    TE Coach: Ben Mc Daniels- the lynchpin in bringing Josh to Chicago, Joshís brother who is currently on the staff.
    Defensive Coordinator: Rex Ryan- Who better to be honest? JM battled RR for years. Ryan is still a respected and creative defensive mind. Itís fairly obvious that he isnít made for television. Realizing that he isnít getting another HC position anytime soon, his Daddyís old chair looks comfortable with a readymade defense. Donít cry over Fangio, Ryan is as good as they come.
    Backs Coach: Dennis Thurman- Long time Rex Ryan guy.
    OLB Coach: Mike Pettine- another long time Rex Ryan guy thatís out of the league after a Browns debacle. Could be in line for a DC position of his own, if not, this is a great landing spot.
    Defensive Line Coach: Karl Dunbar- Alabama D-Line Coach (insert Patriots connections) and former Rex Ryan coach. Makes too much sense being a 2004 Bears coach. Not to mention, Bamaís d-lines are as good as they come.
    Special Teams Coach: Ray Ventrone- Pats Special teams assistant, due for a coordinator job. Former Special teams stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't warm up to McDaniels. That Denver stint still scares me. Nothing to do with record either, he seemed to completly lose that team in a really short amount of time.

I am really warming up to O'Brien as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    I just can't warm up to McDaniels. That Denver stint still scares me. Nothing to do with record either, he seemed to completly lose that team in a really short amount of time.

I am really warming up to O'Brien as of late.
    I think people need to look past the Denver stint. First, MCD was 32 and admittedly very stubborn. Seems like an incredible difficult learning experience, personality-wise. I think he did a lot wrong, but I think his next round he will have learned how to handle situations better. I believe this is why he hasnít taken another position yet. He wonít let himself be the 2 time loser.

His ability to see the game and call the game is what still excites me. He is everything Fox isnít really.

The veteran team he inherited, as we all know Cutler could be abrasive, especially then. That situation got out of hand, quickly. This made his situation w/ B Marsh worse. Honestly, canít think of a worse situation than pairing a rook HC with Brandon Marshall. Mike Nolan as his DC isnít known as the easiest guy to work with BTW. Never had a decent QB, but still started 6-0 before the bottom fell out.

OíBrien doesnít excite me. I prefer a retread coach step away for a year to re-evaluate why their situation ended like it did. Not to mention he is an offensive guy, but his stellar defense has carried that team. People get tied to his tough personality more than his on the field results. I think he is average at best.

Arians said the report of him leaving Arizona after this season was fake, but he's also an intriguing option if he does change his mind.

As far as potential candidates with HC experience, I'd probably go in this order:

Bill O'Brien
    Bruce Arians
    Josh McDaniels

MGB is offline mundayne ejaculation man
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    I think people need to look past the Denver stint. First, MCD was 32 and admittedly very stubborn. Seems like an incredible difficult learning experience, personality-wise. I think he did a lot wrong, but I think his next round he will have learned how to handle situations better. I believe this is why he hasnít taken another position yet. He wonít let himself be the 2 time loser.

His ability to see the game and call the game is what still excites me. He is everything Fox isnít really.

The veteran team he inherited, as we all know Cutler could be abrasive, especially then. That situation got out of hand, quickly. This made his situation w/ B Marsh worse. Honestly, canít think of a worse situation than pairing a rook HC with Brandon Marshall. Mike Nolan as his DC isnít known as the easiest guy to work with BTW. Never had a decent QB, but still started 6-0 before the bottom fell out.

OíBrien doesnít excite me. I prefer a retread coach step away for a year to re-evaluate why their situation ended like it did. Not to mention he is an offensive guy, but his stellar defense has carried that team. People get tied to his tough personality more than his on the field results. I think he is average at best.

Well without the injuries to key O and D players, the Texans are a playoff team and a possible SB contender. The way he brought along Watson and tailored the offense to suit his abilities intrigues me. Iíd imagine he can make Trubisky look studly, provided pace gets some weapons

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Arians said the report of him leaving Arizona after this season was fake, but he's also an intriguing option if he does change his mind.

As far as potential candidates with HC experience, I'd probably go in this order:

Bill O'Brien
    Bruce Arians
    Josh McDaniels
    It would have been to retire as i hear. Not am option even if he left.

I don't think you can overlook Josh Mcdaniels Demver stint though. He may have been young. And he may have matured. But he made some god awfuk choices while there. Not giving jay a chance was arguably the bigest one. And left him searching for a QB. Leading him to over draft Tebow.

He lost the team arguably worse than Fox has. Maybe he could be better. But i dont want to bet on that.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast