Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Offensive or Defensive-minded replacement?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive

21 87.50%
  • Defensive

3 12.50%
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Itís fairly obvious that McVay got Wade Phillips because of his connections through Gary Kubiak.

Not to mention the rumors of Kubiakís return to the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lafleuer seems a little....timid for me but if he can bring kubiak with him then that would be tough to turn down. I still think I prefer Nagy and perhaps flip over him though.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lafleuer seems a little....timid for me but if he can bring kubiak with him then that would be tough to turn down. I still think I prefer Nagy and perhaps flip over him though.
    Completely agree, LaFleurís public speaking needs work. Just from the YouTube videos Iíve watched, he isnít the best in front of the camera. He has improved a bit though.

He and Nagy are neck and neck for me. I tend to lean more towards LaFleur because is more well travelled. His work w/ Goff and Ryan sticks out.

A LOT to like about Nagy, been under Reidís wing a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    Completely agree, LaFleurís public speaking needs work. Just from the YouTube videos Iíve watched, he isnít the best in front of the camera. He has improved a bit though.

He and Nagy are neck and neck for me. I tend to lean more towards LaFleur because is more well travelled. His work w/ Goff and Ryan sticks out.

Big fan of going after Andy Reid's coaching tree. He has done a great job developing guys into HC's throughout his career. Obviously not a sure thing if you hire a Reid guy, but there is a decent hit rate. That hit rate is higher with defensive coaches, but still looks good.

Offensive guys coming out of Reid's system are Childress (meh), Pederson(obviously good), and Shurmur (who I think got a raw deal in Cleveland and is doing well as OC in Minnesota now. Might be better suited as second in command). D/ST guys are Harbaugh, Bowles (barely), Spagnoulo, Frazier, Rivera, McDermott.

Think Nagy's work with Alex Smith goes a little unnoticed too. Smith took a clear jump once he was paired with Nagy in 2013. Only had one year in SF (2011, maybe 2012 pre-injury) near the level of what he has done since with KC.
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 12-19-2017 at 06:04 PM.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

So apparently Fisher is "eyeing" a return with a specific focus on the Bears, Colts and Browns.

LOL.

I think we can ALL agree Fisher would be a HARD NO as HC for the Bears.
    Screw sabermetics.

Lafleuer definitely has an impressive resume. Heís worked with some great coaches. One other thing about Nagy is while Smith greatly improved, he is a veteran QB. Can he develop a young guy? Thatís not a knock on him but more of a question that needs to be answered. Whereas LaFleuer has had success with Goff. Although, Mcvay calls the plays and probably gets the bulk of the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    So apparently Fisher is "eyeing" a return with a specific focus on the Bears, Colts and Browns.

LOL.

As a DC or HC?

Yes.
    2017 Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Corps

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post

LOL.

One of the more hilarious news stories to come out this year, was the one that stated that John Fox, unsure how to handle the development of a Rookie QB, called his friend Jeff Fisher for advice on the topic... apparently oblivious to the idea that Fisher's complete mishandling of Goff was why he was canned in the first place.

Hiring Fisher would be like bringing in a worse version of John Fox. Yeah, let's do that.

Per Benjamin Albright, Dave Toub is at the top of our and Indyís list.

That strikes me as a McCaskey/Phillips name, not necessarily a Pace choice.

Thereís your Andy Reid tree though...

Per Benjamin Albright, Dave Toub is at the top of our and Indyís list.

That strikes me as a McCaskey/Phillips name, not necessarily a Pace choice.

Thereís your Andy Reid tree though...

I would be all for Toub. Part of winning culture with the Bears under Lovie. Clearly a suitable coach based on ST from the motivation standpoint, as he is typically working with 2nd and 3rd string players and getting the most out of them. Also played O Line in college and practice squads in NFL, and coached some college D Line, so solid understanding of both sides of the trenches. So long as he brings in good coordinators (wouldn't be shocked to see Vic stick around for a guy like Toub over a younger HC) and has a strong plan for developing the offense under Mitch I'd love the hire.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

The problem with toub (or any non offensive coach) is if the OC does well with Mitch they will get a HC gig down the road. Iíd like Mitch to stick to one system and one offensive coach and not have to learn new systems and personalities every couple of years.

Toub might be a great HC (there's no way of telling until he's actually a HC), but he better bring a superstar OC & DC with him for fans to feel comfortable with that hire.

Anyway, maybe they interview Toub, but I'd be very surprised if he's the next HC. Albright is pretty unreliable too FWIW.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-20-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    As a DC or HC?
    Head Coach. After his run with the Rams, I thought for sure his days as HC were over, just like Fox's will be once he is gone from the Bears. Nonetheless, I don't want Fisher even as a DC.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast