Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Offensive or Defensive-minded replacement?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive

21 87.50%
  • Defensive

3 12.50%
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    I think the Bears probably need someone a little more established that DeFilipo as HC.
    Pace's job is on the line but he has shown himself to be a gambler so who knows what he'll do.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

What “good” OC wants to come coach under an off naive minded HC who will either call plays or dictate what he wants done? My guess is not many.

I certainly get the logic of wanting a guy hired as HC instead of OC to ensure he stays. But that is a “cart before the horse” mentality. Let’s say Pace thinks Wilks is the best guy for HC and he can bring along Flip as his OC - I take it and I am happy. CHI needs talent on and off the field. If they can get Flip for 2 years before he moves on and Trubisky makes big strides in that time - great! New promising OCs will be chomping at the bit to work with Trubisky, then.

Just imagine a scenario where CHI hires an offensive minded guy and he fails to get a good DC (the reverse of Louie). This team will see almost no overall improvement then.

My point is I believe you assemble the best staff possible for the time being and worry about changes when the time comes. Planning on losing an OC, so making him HC is not the way to create the best possible staff IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    What “good” OC wants to come coach under an off naive minded HC who will either call plays or dictate what he wants done? My guess is not many.

I certainly get the logic of wanting a guy hired as HC instead of OC to ensure he stays. But that is a “cart before the horse” mentality. Let’s say Pace thinks Wilks is the best guy for HC and he can bring along Flip as his OC - I take it and I am happy. CHI needs talent on and off the field. If they can get Flip for 2 years before he moves on and Trubisky makes big strides in that time - great! New promising OCs will be chomping at the bit to work with Trubisky, then.

Just imagine a scenario where CHI hires an offensive minded guy and he fails to get a good DC (the reverse of Louie). This team will see almost no overall improvement then.

My point is I believe you assemble the best staff possible for the time being and worry about changes when the time comes. Planning on losing an OC, so making him HC is not the way to create the best possible staff IMO.

All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmartin80 View Post
    This is where I am at too. I just can't get excited by anything and am expecting Trestman 2.0. Of course, I hope to be proven wrong. But with those two being involved, lowered expectations equal lower disappointment. It should be Pace and Pace alone to make the decision.
    Wasn't Trestman basically 100% on Emery?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post

Bingo.

I think the most valuable asset for a HC isn't his specialty/previous experience but rather his ability to craft a vision, surround himself with the right people to flow with that vision, and achieve desired results.

It's not any different than any managers we have in our careers. I don't give two ***** how effective my manager was in the specifics of his/her previous role - I just want to have a leader that knows how to get the most out of me to achieve the results he/she wants to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Call me dumb, but when Ryan Pace says he's going to pick the head coach he wants I believe him.
    Phillips and George McCaskey tagging along to me is meaningless. They own the team, they are interested...if it was my team I'd be there too.
    I admire your faith, I just can’t buy it. McCrapsky and Phillips have been feeding BS to the fan base for their entire tenure, I do not buy they will not interfere. Pace can say what he wants, he works for them. I trust no one in this organization. You have to earn trust, they have earned none.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    I admire your faith, I just can’t buy it. McCrapsky and Phillips have been feeding BS to the fan base for their entire tenure, I do not buy they will not interfere. Pace can say what he wants, he works for them. I trust no one in this organization. You have to earn trust, they have earned none.
    By all accounts close to the bears they haven't interfered in football for close to a decade or more. George - never and Ted was more involved than he should be

There's nothing to worry about other than they're ****ing weird for overseeing this round of interviews

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Shurmur might be my favorite candidate. Had success with the Browns and is doing wonders in Minny. He's kind of laid back, but he's not a push over. Very well respected and the thing that I keep coming up after reading about him, is he gets the most out of his players. That's a huge trait to have as a coach, especially HC.

Shurmur and Nagy are neck and neck for me. Flip is a notch or two below them. It seems like he's a great teacher but he only has 1 year of OC experience in the NFL. His work in college wasn't overly impressive at all either. I also have concerns whether his personality type could grind on players after a while. Although, there's really nothing to back that, it's just more of something I would need to evaluate if I were making the hire. He's probably the biggest gamble along with McDaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    By all accounts close to the bears they haven't interfered in football for close to a decade or more. George - never and Ted was more involved than he should be

There's nothing to worry about other than they're ****ing weird for overseeing this round of interviews

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Everyone in here was saying Fox was their hire, not Pace’s.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Everyone in here was saying Fox was their hire, not Pace’s.
    Pace really had no time to do coaching research while being interviewed for the GM spot. Hell he could have not gotten any job An outside firm did research to aid. So pace was jusy given he info that said he was the best option and kinda had to run with it.

Fwiw.

Pace was hired January 8th (interviewed on the 7th)

Fox was hired January 16th.

You really think pace was able to do coaching search for a team in 8-9 days. When there was no telling if he would even become our.... Or anyone else's GM.

The thing I see first, Pace has no allegiance to remaining a 3-4 defense. It is roughly 50/50 on candidates who have a history running 3-4 vs 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Shurmur might be my favorite candidate. Had success with the Browns and is doing wonders in Minny. He's kind of laid back, but he's not a push over. Very well respected and the thing that I keep coming up after reading about him, is he gets the most out of his players. That's a huge trait to have as a coach, especially HC.

Shurmur and Nagy are neck and neck for me. Flip is a notch or two below them. It seems like he's a great teacher but he only has 1 year of OC experience in the NFL. His work in college wasn't overly impressive at all either. I also have concerns whether his personality type could grind on players after a while. Although, there's really nothing to back that, it's just more of something I would need to evaluate if I were making the hire. He's probably the biggest gamble along with McDaniels.
    I'm in agreement. Shurmur may not be flashy but he's had success everywhere he's been. He's my #1 choice.

Trubiscuits and Biscuit Boyz CEO and Owner

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/948729223627276288
    Not like he was coming back here, but still, good riddance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast