Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Offensive or Defensive-minded replacement?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive

21 87.50%
  • Defensive

3 12.50%
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Haley would be a meathead favorite.

There are no real exciting candidates out there and with McCaskey and Phillips tagging along I have zero confidence Pace will get to make his own pick anyway. Glad some of you guys are optimistic, with Phillips and McCrapsky leading this organization I see more of the same moving forward.

Phillips and McCaskey should be nowhere near the interview process until it comes time for contract negotiation. Any discussion that involves football, team management, and coaching staff both of them shouldnt be anywhere near the room...

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Phillips and McCaskey should be nowhere near the interview process until it comes time for contract negotiation. Any discussion that involves football, team management, and coaching staff both of them shouldnt be anywhere near the room...
    Well apparently they will be there in the interviews. And to think they will be there and have zero input in the hire, that it is all Pace’s decision, is wishful thinking. Pace will be influenced by their presence alone and its not like those two bozos will say nothing. McCaskey and Phillips are charity cases, family hires who have zero qualifications and a terrible track record. But the top priority of this organization is not winning and the fans, it never has been.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/sta...6%7Ctwterm%5E0

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    There are no real exciting candidates out there and with McCaskey and Phillips tagging along I have zero confidence Pace will get to make his own pick anyway. Glad some of you guys are optimistic, with Phillips and McCrapsky leading this organization I see more of the same moving forward.
    This is where I am at too. I just can't get excited by anything and am expecting Trestman 2.0. Of course, I hope to be proven wrong. But with those two being involved, lowered expectations equal lower disappointment. It should be Pace and Pace alone to make the decision.

I found this really interesting.

"While DeFilippo, 39, seeks to jump from position coach to head coach, he also has prospects as an offensive coordinator during this hiring cycle. His contract with the Eagles expires this offseason, so he could leave the team for a position that isn't as high as a head coach's perch. In fact, two league sources believe Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks would attempt to hire DeFilippo as his offensive coordinator if he were to become a head coach."

That sounds like it could be a good combo, but I'd be worried about Flip being good and then leaving for a head coaching job down the line.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Call me dumb, but when Ryan Pace says he's going to pick the head coach he wants I believe him.
    Phillips and George McCaskey tagging along to me is meaningless. They own the team, they are interested...if it was my team I'd be there too.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I found this really interesting.

"While DeFilippo, 39, seeks to jump from position coach to head coach, he also has prospects as an offensive coordinator during this hiring cycle. His contract with the Eagles expires this offseason, so he could leave the team for a position that isn't as high as a head coach's perch. In fact, two league sources believe Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks would attempt to hire DeFilippo as his offensive coordinator if he were to become a head coach."

That sounds like it could be a good combo, but I'd be worried about Flip being good and then leaving for a head coaching job down the line.
    I agree, if he isn't your HC he won't be around very long, Adam Gase part 2.
    I don't know enough about Wilks to say if I'd like him or not.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I agree, if he isn't your HC he won't be around very long, Adam Gase part 2.
    Even if this is true, and it probably is, you can't not hire a guy as an OC for that reason. Any coordinator that does especially well is always going to be pursued as a HC sooner or later (save like, Lebeau or someone ancient like that).

If anything, you hope that he comes and excels to the level that he's being considered for HC elsewhere, that can only mean good things for your team. How many coordinators has Belichick run through the past two decades?

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Even if this is true, and it probably is, you can't not hire a guy as an OC for that reason. Any coordinator that does especially well is always going to be pursued as a HC sooner or later (save like, Lebeau or someone ancient like that).

If anything, you hope that he comes and excels to the level that he's being considered for HC elsewhere, that can only mean good things for your team. How many coordinators has Belichick run through the past two decades?
    Maybe, but if you are hiring DeFilipo as OC then you need a offense minded HC.
    I think we have all seen the damage done when coordinators, especially offensive ones get changed out too often.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Maybe, but if you are hiring DeFilipo as OC then you need a offense minded HC.
    I think we have all seen the damage done when coordinators, especially offensive ones get changed out too often.
    Ehh....there's really nothing you can do about it (again, unless you want to go hire an 80 year old Lebeau type). If you want a good OC, and you want your offense to thrive, your OC is going to be pursued for a HC gig if he makes your offense thrive. The OC's that aren't pursued are the mediocre to bad ones. It's a catch 22 but it is what it is. You target a guy for OC because you believe he can make your offense thrive, you really can't concern yourself with how long you think you can hold onto him.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Ehh....there's really nothing you can do about it (again, unless you want to go hire an 80 year old Lebeau type). If you want a good OC, and you want your offense to thrive, your OC is going to be pursued for a HC gig if he makes your offense thrive. The OC's that aren't pursued are the mediocre to bad ones. It's a catch 22 but it is what it is. You target a guy for OC because you believe he can make your offense thrive, you really can't concern yourself with how long you think you can hold onto him.
    Yes there is something you can do, you hire a HC who is best suited for the needs of your team, in this instance offense. I completely understand the thought process, and I'm not saying hire a mediocre OC.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Random thought here...how come nobody has scheduled a meeting with Reich? I thought he was going to be a hot commodity this off season.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Yes there is something you can do, you hire a HC who is best suited for the needs of your team, in this instance offense. I completely understand the thought process, and I'm not saying hire a mediocre OC.
    Seem to be talking about two different things here. I wasn't saying anything about what kind of HC to hire.

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast