Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Buffalo Bills Vs LA Charger Game Day Thread.

Let the new era begin.

Even though fans have had mixed emotions about the QB move, it is kinda exciting to see how this plays out.

The funny thing is this, the curse of not getting into the playoffs occurred when the Bills benched Flutie for Rob Johnson. Here we are now, pretty much the same exact situation, with the starter being benched for an unknown backup, perhaps this will break the curse and have the reverse effect.

This wont be an easy game. Even though the Chargers have only been competitive for a couple qtrs. per game, they easily could be 6-3 rather than 3-6. I have watched a lot of their games. They will go through a stretch where they look great, then go through a stretch of bone head plays and decisions. Defensively, they are good. They have the 2nd most sacks in the NFL facing a very bad line. Peterman is faster than what people think, just not fast compared to Tyrod. He cant allude the hits like Tyrod can, but he will be able to pick up a 3rd and 5 on a run if forced out of the pocket.

Now I would love to steal this train of thought as my own, but this is what a former Bills player told me. From this point on, McDermott and his offensive staff, need to stop sending mixed signals to their players. You cannot make this QB move, by claiming Peterman can throw the ball better, get the ball out quicker and find open receivers down the field more precisely, if the coaches then keep the same exact game plan, which is running the ball 75% of the time. The message that McDermott portrayed to his team, which this is what the team feels happened, is that we ran the ball, no matter how negative of a result we got, because he had little to no faith in Tyrod throwing the ball. Therefore if McDermott keeps the exact game plan, the team would be better off keeping Tyrod, being he has the element of the run to keep defenses at bay, plus he managed the game well by not turning the ball over. By putting Peterman in, I was told to expect a major change in the offensive game plan. If we don't see a change, I was told to be prepared if we lose and that we should all be fully be prepared for the bickering bills to come back, as the frustration from players will be extremely out spoken when talking to the media post game. If we lose, he expects a lot of players to rebel when the media asks players questions about the QB move.

He wouldn't tell me if the players he talks to like the move or not. But he did tell me that Kelvin Benjamin will be the first person to snap if we start losing. He said Benjamin will write his ticket out of here by showing everyone he is disgruntled and that he can get away with it to, because with his situation, being traded here in the middle of the year, to then go through this, being vocal will not hurt his value if he hits the open market.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-17-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Oh yea, Kelvin is so out of here. Ain't no way he will want to stay. Shady will be next to.

This is going to be BAD.

Iím worried about McCoy as well. When he first came here he wouldnít shut up and blamed everything that just occurred in Philly about race. He even said Chip Kellyís was racist.

Taking out Tyrod and winning with Peterman should keep him and everyone quiet. But if Peterman has the same struggles as Tyrod, but now the running game is effected even more, since teams wonít respect the pass with Peterman, then as I was told, be prepared for the return of the Bickering Bills.

I believe Peterman will become a good QB. I even think he does get the ball out quicker. I just donít believe that the fraction of a second that he gets the ball out quicker, will be that noticeable or help us one bit, when DEís are manhandling our line and getting through the line with literally zero resistance. Itís a fact. Our line just stand in the way. They donít block, and they donít hold up any resistance. After contact is made, our line is easily thrown to the side and are out muscled big time. It is obvious, to anyone with a football brain, that Tyrod doesnít trust the pocket.

Peterman may get lucky at first, because after a huge move like this, players tend to get fired up with adrenaline and play over their heads. They will come back to reality eventually, but at first, Peterman might benefit from the line playing over their heads. Plus We will see if having 5th worst lineman in the entire NFL, John Miller, not playing, helps or not. Cordy Glenn is likely out as well. It will be a bad day if this line gets worse with the replacements, but Iím guessing it would have to get a little better with Miller out.

Also, Anyone hear what former player Chris Hairston said about the organization. He is talking a lot of smack in LA. There is also a video with HOF WR Chris Carter and a few other people talking about the move. Sadly the white guy was the one to say he didnít agree with this move and that this was a racially motivated move, because being black, Tyrod was never given the respect he deserved. I know fans here will hate this. I hate this, but itís being viewed this way and the only thing that will make it go away is winning.

Also, if anyone wants to hear a very insightful logical explanation of whether this was the right move or not, go to WGRís audio fault and listen to the John Clayton response. An unbiased persons perspective is nice to hear.

But like I said, this is a career changing move by McDermott. With this move, there is no middle ground for him to land on. If it works, he will be celebrated all throughout the media. But if Peterman loses Sunday, gets sacked more than 5 times, with our defense allowing Gordon and Echlar to run all over is, he will make the Pegulaís, our GM, our entire organization a laughing stock. Bean wonít take the blame for this. And Iíll guarantee this, if an AFC team gets into the playoffs with an 8-8 record and if Peterman canít deliver just three wins for that 8-8 team to be the Bills, McDermott will be fired at the end of the season. This move, along with costing us two games with poor clock management, will bury him. We hold the last spot with a realistic chance at the number two seed in the confrence, being one game away from KC and hosting them next. If this fails, finished.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-17-2017 at 09:16 PM.

I don't find this exciting at all, but I get it. I think this team had a real chance to finally make the playoffs, which is why I'm bummed out about this move...but I still get it. I never thought Tyrod was a QB capable of leading them to the ultimate goal. I think if they wanted to make a move like this, they should've made it sooner and not wait until the team is 5-4. Five wins already puts them out of range for the top QB prospect and I don't think that they will go winless. I suppose that's what all the draft assets are for...

I could understand it day 1, or at the end of season. Just not now. Thereís only 6 teams with a winning record in the AFC. With the Titans loss and a win Sunday, at worse we go to 5 seed. With some help from the out of town scoreboard, we can be 3/4th seed. What a huge gamble.

Iím not saying I am excited per say, as to see the game played, just excited to see this either fall flat on McDermotts face or to hear all the hype about what an awsome move, if Peterman looks like joe Montana out there.

My buddy is in Vegas this weekend and going to the game Sunday. At Hannahís, you can name a bet and they will tell you the odds of it and will pretty much take any bet someone makes up, as long as you put enough money on it. He bet 50 bucks on Tyrod Taylor winning the game Sunday at 20-1 odds. He made another bet for 50 bucks, on Peterman coming out of the game before the first qtr at just 10-1 odds. So it is funny how Vegas felt the odds are pretty good, that Peterman gets injured or pulled.

Letís hear the predictions for todayís games. Our coach feels that we have a better chance winning with Peterman and that he expects him to win today.

How do you guys feel this day will end?

It might just be me here, that has been very jaded throughout everything I have seen here for the bast 18 years, to think this will not well.

So Iím predicting 5 sacks in the first half. A lot of you will be happy to see him take chances down the field, unfortunately, because of it, we will see 2 or more first half turnovers by him as a result. If Rivers plays, weíre getting blown out, if he doesnít, it will be close FG game13-10 or 17-14.

Good job McDermott. You just threw away our season. Anyone here thinking this was a good move is an embarrassment to all Bills fans everywhere. We donít need to watch 60 min to know Tyrod is 100 times better than Peterman.

Fire McDermott now. This marketing ploy of ďtrust the process ď is just a term to buy his stupidity time before being judged. He has cost us two games already with his stupidity and now he has screwed us out of the playoffs. There should be no redemption for him after this stupidity.

And any fan here that will debate me on this is an embarrassment to the fan base.

3 ints so far. Unable to about the rush. Tyrod in the second half please.

With KC losing and Tennessee losing, McDermott is a discgrace to the organization now.

This is why I told everyone every single game for two years, Tyrod not taking chances and dumping off for the sure thing is in the best interest of the team. Peterman is being pressured and taking chances throwing these lame ducks out there. Only an idiot wouldnít have seen this coming, which is exactly what McDermott is. But what will be embarrassing even more will be, the fans making excuses for Peterman after the game. And as we see see for the third straight game is, our defense is still letting teams walk right through us. Different QB, same results on defense, an even worse result on offense shows how inept McDermott is. Looking back at each and every game this year, I canít point out a circumstance where I can say, we won because of the coach. But we can blame so many losses and now the sacrifice of the season on him.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-19-2017 at 06:02 PM.

And now we have 4 ints. Any coach in the league would pull the QB. Letís see what McDermott does. Tyrod would have won this game. Thanks for making the organization look like a bunch of jackassses McDermott.

Shame.

Itís descpicable. After 18 years, we are finally in the playoffs. We then get help from the out of town scoreboard. A win ties us for the 3rd seed. And now we have to watch this dumpster fire. He doesnít deserve a job after this. Any coach deserves to be fired after this. He just screwed this team so bad. The Pegulaís wont be happy until the Bills stadium is as empty as the Sabres games.

Hopefully this now proves to the fans that Tyrod was never to blame.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-19-2017 at 06:19 PM.

If Peterman finishes the game, he will have more turnovers than Tyrod has had in his entire career.

And for anyone keeping score, this is now three games in a row that Tyrod Taylor hasnít been able to stop anyone on defense.

Only 5 ints in the half. I'd call this experiment a success..

Whatís sad is, I told you al this would happen. My friends bet big money on this happening in Vegas. Itís obvious this was going to happen, so if we all know it, what does that mean about our coach. He needs to be fired immediately. He doesnít deserve to have a second chance at screwing over this organazation or this fan base.

Pegulaís are even bigger jackasses if they donít do anything about this. If our coach can throw in the towel on the season by taking out our starting QB, who has gotten us to the 6th seed, then the Pegulaís can throw in the towel and fire the coach mid way through the season.

Everyone bought into McDermottís crap by using the excuse he is a first time coach. Except for me. I was never afraid to call it like I see it and he has not been a good coach for this team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast