Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

0 0%
  • Green Bay Packers

2 100.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    We werenít better than the Vikings? We played a quarter of football against them with Rodgers. How can you make that assessment?

Prior to Rodgers getting hurt, we were one of the 4 favorites for super bowl odds in Vegas. The packers were favorites to win almost every game this year prior to rodgers injury. So apparently the folks whose jobs depend on forecasting teams properly are also packers homers as well.
    those same people had us going undefeated last year and penciled us into the superbowl.

And we made it to the nfc championship game. Itís a blast to overreact to stuff. Itís absolutely insane to suggest we arenít super bowl contenders. And then we have people suggest that we arenít even playoff contenders with Rodgers. Itís absolutely ridiculous. Even with an unhealthy roster, Rodgers gets us to the playoffs. If our roster is remotely healthy and has Rodgers, we can beat anyone.

That doesnít mean our roster is perfect. That doesnít mean we canít improve or should automatically stay status quo. But to suggest we arenít playoff worthy is ridiculous and is only an exercise in overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And we made it to the nfc championship game. Itís a blast to overreact to stuff. Itís absolutely insane to suggest we arenít super bowl contenders. And then we have people suggest that we arenít even playoff contenders with Rodgers. Itís absolutely ridiculous. Even with an unhealthy roster, Rodgers gets us to the playoffs. If our roster is remotely healthy and has Rodgers, we can beat anyone.

That doesnít mean our roster is perfect. That doesnít mean we canít improve or should automatically stay status quo. But to suggest we arenít playoff worthy is ridiculous and is only an exercise in overreaction.
    What is a "contender"? Apparently we have different definitions. Have you had blinders on while we had no run game and wet toilet paper for defense the past few years? Contenders don't piss playoff games away in epic fashion, those are pretenders. Contenders don't kick FGs on the 1-2 yard line early in a playoff game against the Seahawks, those are pretenders too. Contenders don't give up hundreds of rush yards to Kaepernick in playoff games. Contenders don't give up 80 yard plays on broken coverage with about 6 missed tackles on the first play of overtime to lose playoff games.

If you'd like me to continue I am sure I can dig some more examples up from the back of my mind why this team is a bunch of pretenders as constructed, despite Vegas continually overrating them on a yearly basis.

Sounds to me like contender means you win multiple SBs lately to me, tbh

i thought Hundley was going to be far better than he is. 3 years in the system and rumors the Packers tried to trade him this year convinced me he had a good future either here when his time came. i am a fan. said it many times. the question becomes how did the coaching staff miss this? what happened? how did Brett stay here for 3 years being this bad? this isn't a trick question so i can turn it around and then i demand someone get fired. did he become a favorite and that got him a free ride? i am looking for answers. i have given up on this season. i do not want Aaron to come back this year. this team is all about how well he plays. this is not a team ( players and coaching) that can be anything but carried by Rodgers. i want him healthy and we can start over next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    LOL So the Patriots are the only contenders. Not the Falcons last year up 28-3. No one in the NFC is this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    What is a "contender"? Apparently we have different definitions. Have you had blinders on while we had no run game and wet toilet paper for defense the past few years? Contenders don't piss playoff games away in epic fashion, those are pretenders. Contenders don't kick FGs on the 1-2 yard line early in a playoff game against the Seahawks, those are pretenders too. Contenders don't give up hundreds of rush yards to Kaepernick in playoff games. Contenders don't give up 80 yard plays on broken coverage with about 6 missed tackles on the first play of overtime to lose playoff games.

If you'd like me to continue I am sure I can dig some more examples up from the back of my mind why this team is a bunch of pretenders as constructed, despite Vegas continually overrating them on a yearly basis.
    The Falcons gave up an epic comeback. Were up 25 in the Super Bowl. But they were in the SB up 25..they weren't contenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post

Disagree.

The Pack are definitely contenders with Rodgers on the field. The team certainly still has some big times holes in it, but Rodgers can have this offense plenty good enough to mask them.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Nope but contenders dont need their QB to be 100 percent great 100 percent of the time and we do.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    i thought Hundley was going to be far better than he is. 3 years in the system and rumors the Packers tried to trade him this year convinced me he had a good future either here when his time came. i am a fan. said it many times. the question becomes how did the coaching staff miss this? what happened? how did Brett stay here for 3 years being this bad? this isn't a trick question so i can turn it around and then i demand someone get fired. did he become a favorite and that got him a free ride? i am looking for answers. i have given up on this season. i do not want Aaron to come back this year. this team is all about how well he plays. this is not a team ( players and coaching) that can be anything but carried by Rodgers. i want him healthy and we can start over next year.
    except we wont... Most organizations would see how bad we are without him and go out and fix things... Our GM will say we are bad without him and all will be well when he comes back and go into next year with everything the same.

This is a guess. And Iím sure Iíll get blasted as a homer defending the coaches or whatever. But I wouldnít be surprised if Hundley is a guy who looks solid in practice but doesnít translate to games. Technically, he seems to know what to do. Itís when he gets rushed or pressured that he looks really bad.

He doesnít get hit in practice, so you donít really need to fear that. You can focus on the other aspects of quarterbacking since itís a pretty controlled environment. Some guys stand out in practice because of that. Other guys, who rely more on instincts, sometimes look worse in practice than the chaos of the games. Thatís my estimation on why the coaching staff was so high on him, but the results havenít shown anything close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope but contenders dont need their QB to be 100 percent great 100 percent of the time and we do.
    You post Rodgers qb ratings in wins and losses. I post bradyís, which are really similar. In the last 17 playoff games, using your criteria of under 90 qb rating wins and over 90 qb rating losses, Brady has one more win and one less loss. Thatís hardly a wild difference, especially when you count the fact that Brady has an easier path, since heís played guys like Tom Savage and Matt mcgloin in recent years. You seem to be ignoring that fact. I also included Russell Wilson average qb rating in playoffs losses is about 95. Rodgers average qb rating in losses is 88.

This isnít bashing Rodgers. What this is pointing out is that every team needs their qb to be great to consistently win in the playoffs. I constantly get called a homer that canít take off my homer glasses. But the folks who blindly bash the organization outside of Rodgers refuse to look around the league as well.

The old adage that defenses win championships isnít really that true. You need a good defense. But ultimately you need a great qb who plays great from the divisional round on. Sure, occasionally you get a team like Denver who wins a championship solely on their defense. But those teams usually arenít that sustainable and fall off pretty quickly. Consistent nfl success requires high level qb play. We arenít the only team experiencing this. Itís a league wide thing.

But that doesnít mean there shouldnít be some accountability to our coaching staff. Iíve been saying since soon after philbin left that I wouldnít mind bringing in some outside offensive coaching. I think mikes scheme is fine and works, but bringing in someone with a little different offensive philosophy would be a decent idea. I think our offensive staff suffers a little from inbreeding of ideas. McCarthy has trained a lot of these guys, so naturally they have a similar philosophy to him.

And the defense lacks play makers. Heck, adding one playmaker could completely change the defense. So ted needs to be held accountable for that. And while I think players are more to blame than coaching on defense, itís a results driven league, so new coaching on defense is a must this year. And with it looking like we will have the highest pick weíve had in a long time, it makes sense to make that change now. Nothin lg would be worse than drafting a guy for one defense, the switching a year later.

So I think some changes should be made, mainly in the defensive staff. Adding a fresh mind to the offensive staff wouldnít be bad, but probably isnít necessary. I donít know if you can fire ted, but I wouldnít be super sad if he retired either. But all that being said, if we didnít make any changes, or only made minor staff changes. I wouldnít at all be shocked if we won the super bowl next year. We are still that good as long as we have Rodgers.

I don't think it's incredibly complicated. He probably looks good in practice but reverts to college version of himself under actual pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    LOL So the Patriots are the only contenders. Not the Falcons last year up 28-3. No one in the NFC is this year.
    Yeah. The falcons weren't by his definition I guess.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast