Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Disrespect

Disrespect

Man do you guys get it every single day. Even today on tnt Thursday all they wanted to talk about is how ok is the closest threat to the warriors, lol. Westbrook better than Harden even though harden has proven to be the more adaptable. Crazy, anyways go Timberwolves, harden has won over the rest of us, as have the Rockets.

I think we're kind of used to it. I just try to avoid it. I've always felt like the Rockets can never win with the media, even during those long years of mediocrity before Harden.

Thankfully, AT&T broadcasted the game last night and I didn't need to watch it on TNT. Craig and Bull >>>> everyone else. Did Root sports broadcast national televised games last year? I seriously can't remember.

(Love JVG, though)

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I think we're kind of used to it. I just try to avoid it. I've always felt like the Rockets can never win with the media, even during those long years of mediocrity before Harden.

Thankfully, AT&T broadcasted the game last night and I didn't need to watch it on TNT. Craig and Bull >>>> everyone else. Did Root sports broadcast national televised games last year? I seriously can't remember.

(Love JVG, though)
    I always watch the national broadcast when both that and the normal guys are available just to freshen things up. Craig is kinda weird but I like him. Drexler's pretty worthless and Bill Worrel has seen better days although I still enjoy the guy. I think Matt Bullard is my favorite announcer in the NBA. JVG is great, too, but I really dig Bull.

The Rockets announcers always get lumped together and shat on but then I listen to another team's announcing crew and it's just plain old white guy garbage. I've yet to hear a different announce team that wasn't boring. Maybe I've just missed some crew that's fun to listen to and has a sense of humor while also breaking down the game but I haven't heard it.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 11-17-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Apparently someone on another forum last night said that TNT posted the top 5 scoring and assist leaders and completely left Harden out of both categories even though he's leading both. It's just insane how much he gets overlooked by the national media and how little attention this team gets.

I know it's a different sport, but this Astros run over the last few months has been just astounding as a Houston sports fan. Not only did they win the World Series, but for Altuve to win the MVP and finally get the attention from national media that he deserves—it really feels like they're putting Houston on the sports map.

I would love if Harden and Paul could do the same for the Rockets this season. If James could take home the MVP and Houston could make some noise in the postseason with a WCF appearance and a strong showing against the Warriors, that would really be a phenomenal accomplishment for a sports town that gets so little appreciation nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I always watch the national broadcast when both that and the normal guys are available just to freshen things up. Craig is kinda weird but I like him. Drexler's pretty worthless and Bill Worrel has seen better days although I still enjoy the guy. I think Matt Bullard is my favorite announcer in the NBA. JVG is great, too, but I really dig Bull.
    That used to be my approach as well, but TNT has been almost unwatchable this season. I actually don't mind Kevin Harlan and Marv Albert, but Chris Webber is pretty much the only analyst I like, or even tolerate. Reggie Miller is awful. Grant Hill was disgraceful the other night against the Cavs. Brent Barry is super boring.

I love Craig. He's definitely weird, but the good kind. He gets me excited for the games. Bill gets super annoying when the team is not playing great. He also calls for traveling a hundred times during a game.

They started the season differently this season, with Drexler downstairs on the sidelines and Bill and Bull doing the play-by-play basically by themselves, with Clyde being called by Bill here and there, but it seems they changed it back to all three the last couple of games. Clyde aaaaalways says the same things.

JVG must have a very soft spot for Houston. I think he watches every single Rockets game. A couple of weeks ago, the Rockets played the Knicks on ESPN, and Capela lost the tip-off, and I thought "Damn, I don't think Capela has won one single tip-off this season". Jeff said exactly the same thing. I thought that was funny.

The Rockets announcers always get lumped together and shat on but then I listen to another team's announcing crew and it's just plain old white guy garbage. I've yet to hear a different announce team that wasn't boring. Maybe I've just missed some crew that's fun to listen to and has a sense of humor while also breaking down the game but I haven't heard it.
    I had to watch the Rockets-Grizzlies game last Saturday on Fox Memphis because the "away" feed wasn't available on League Pass for some reason. They were okay, I guess, but very boring.

I really like Mike Breen and Walt Frazier. I remeber re-watching the Harden 53-point triple double on MSG last year, with them doing the play-by-play and they were pretty good. Mike Breen souded kind of excited with Harden's performance, and Frazier was very complimentary of James.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Apparently someone on another forum last night said that TNT posted the top 5 scoring and assist leaders and completely left Harden out of both categories even though he's leading both. It's just insane how much he gets overlooked by the national media and how little attention this team gets.

I know it's a different sport, but this Astros run over the last few months has been just astounding as a Houston sports fan. Not only did they win the World Series, but for Altuve to win the MVP and finally get the attention from national media that he deserves—it really feels like they're putting Houston on the sports map.

I would love if Harden and Paul could do the same for the Rockets this season. If James could take home the MVP and Houston could make some noise in the postseason with a WCF appearance and a strong showing against the Warriors, that would really be a phenomenal accomplishment for a sports town that gets so little appreciation nationally.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

JVG lives in Houston. Still has a small spot for us.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

I think he’s currently in sabbatical but MBT called it. There he goes prophesizin’ again.

Unfortunately, the national media still seems to imply the injury to Iguodala led to the series going to 7 games, rather than Paul's injury costing the Rockets the series.

Unfortunately, the national media still seems to imply the injury to Iguodala led to the series going to 7 games, rather than Paul's injury costing the Rockets the series.
    Like I’ve said in the main forum, if Iguodala plays games 4 and 5, the Warriors probably win. They barely did without him and you could see his absence threw them off. And honestly, Curry+KD+Klay+Green shoulda been enough but they choked hard for most of those games plus CP3 stepped up huge when it mattered.

Its pretty ridiculous. Luc Mba A moute being hurt and unable to really play is more comparable to Iggy being out, basically out stud defender off the bench (i.e. Iggy). The national media seems to just ignore that the rockets 2nd best player/hall of famer was out
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Injuries were definitely a major factor. As far as I can tell they are the best chance to beat these stupid *** warriors. I'm playing in an All Time Redraft right now and have James Harden on my squad and the disrespect is real. -- http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-v-Team-Dunka)