Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 166
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Well, I know a guy with initials PR I would help if I could..

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    There ya go!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    26,847
    David Wright’s body cost him a lot more than games

    “I come in here and my uniform is completely brand new,” Wright said, literally touching the No. 5 in his locker. “You see everyone else putting on a uniform and playing. There is excitement in their voices. I go and do rehab to try to put myself in the best position to play.

    The mental part of coming in and knowing you bring nothing to the table as far as helping the team get ready for the season and helping the team win, for me, is the hardest part; as hard as physical part of the rehab process.”

    He says he continues the joyless work so that “my head can hit the pillow and I know I made every effort to play.” -- NY Post, Joel Sherman
    May 15
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    12,269

    David Wright Looks So Thin!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    David Wright’s body cost him a lot more than games



    May 15
    You gotta respect that guy and you gotta know his tireless work ethic rubs off on the guys in the clubhouse.

    Cheers, David. You’re a great Met.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,326
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    You gotta respect that guy and you gotta know his tireless work ethic rubs off on the guys in the clubhouse.

    Cheers, David. You’re a great Met.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not just a great Met. A great man. Work ethic. Responsibility. He’s a great role model to anyone wise enough to emulate him.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Not just a great Met. A great man. Work ethic. Responsibility. He’s a great role model to anyone wise enough to emulate him.
    As the kids would say, “100”

    A true role model in a time without many.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    9,944
    At this point, I hope he walks away just for his own mental health. There has to be so much pressure on him, I bet once he finally hangs them up he's going to feel so good. He can get started on the rest of his life.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,131
    This sucks

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    26,847
    Wright to have no baseball activity for 8 weeks

    PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- David Wright experienced another setback in his attempted return from back and shoulder issues this week. Back specialist Dr. Robert Watkins examined Wright on Monday in Los Angeles and recommended he refrain from all baseball activities for another eight weeks.
    Which basically brings us to May 15.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,628
    He's never coming back
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,326
    Yeah.

    This will continue to be his routine for the next three seasons or at least until the Mets and their insurers offer him a reasonable buyout of the remaining $47 million.

    I can't imagine he wants to go through these motions any more than any of us who would rather not see him do this. But again, $47 mill is $47 mill.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    26,847
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yeah.

    This will continue to be his routine for the next three seasons or at least until the Mets and their insurers offer him a reasonable buyout of the remaining $47 million.

    I can't imagine he wants to go through these motions any more than any of us who would rather not see him do this. But again, $47 mill is $47 mill.
    Mets will arrive at a financial settlement keeping him in the organization fulfilling a variety of roles off the field and on the field. He's still an asset to the organization but not as a player.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Mets will arrive at a financial settlement keeping him in the organization fulfilling a variety of roles off the field and on the field. He's still an asset to the organization but not as a player.
    Most likely.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    24,083
    DW done as a player......
    Anyone For A Piece Of Cake?

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    32,595
    The sad, prolonged ending to a great career.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    9,944
    Sad day. I hope he doesn't put himself under the knife again. It's not worth it.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •