Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    I dont see any truth to the DT report, we have his contract option at the end of this year anyways.

Brock the same old Brock from the SB year. Inaccurate outside the numbers at any depth, ugly deep ball that's consistently overthrown and loves his 10 yard routes over the middle.

Harris and Marshall need to shut up and play. You guys got soft, every fan sees it. On that note, what happened to Roby? He sucks. He hasnt been good since the SB year. I know its all but a foregone conclusion that Talib is released in the offseason but i have zero confidence in Roby taking that #2 spot.

Happy to see McCoy let go, hopefully that sparks the offense now that they see casualties. Olivio should be next.

Here's a question for everyone.. assuming Paxton starts the rest of the year. What do you need to see from him to determine whether he's the guy and not draft a QB with our 1st pick
    In regards to Paxton, I need to see a QB that has control of the offense, makes good decisions, and can score in the red zone.

Both Siemian and Brock can play in the middle of the field, but both struggle to end drives with TD's (Brock is a little better at it then Siemian). Let's see him extend plays and get into the end zone.

DT was shopped but so is 90% of the roster. If someone wanted to pay 2 firsts, we would listen lol

Also was just texted Paxton is going to be the starter the rest of the year. The team has been informed.

Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Musgrave and Lynch have the closest relationship of all QB's according to several people. So this should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    I dont see any truth to the DT report, we have his contract option at the end of this year anyways.

Brock the same old Brock from the SB year. Inaccurate outside the numbers at any depth, ugly deep ball that's consistently overthrown and loves his 10 yard routes over the middle.

Harris and Marshall need to shut up and play. You guys got soft, every fan sees it. On that note, what happened to Roby? He sucks. He hasnt been good since the SB year. I know its all but a foregone conclusion that Talib is released in the offseason but i have zero confidence in Roby taking that #2 spot.

Happy to see McCoy let go, hopefully that sparks the offense now that they see casualties. Olivio should be next.

Here's a question for everyone.. assuming Paxton starts the rest of the year. What do you need to see from him to determine whether he's the guy and not draft a QB with our 1st pick
    Marshall really needs to shut up. I'm just about over whatever he says. Dude has been atrocious this year and he's been regressing every year since Danny T left his side. Solid ILB...but not superlative...he needs that other good ILB for him to be really good.

As far as Scrap. I love anytime that he talks. He gives the most information on any topic (regarding the state of the team, defense...etc) I have heard from a player. He's also our smartest and most technically sound player and I fully trust him in just about anything. I don't mind that he talks a little bit. This guy will always be prepared and ready to compete.

Roby is just getting beat (though that PI was bull). I don't really see him as a top notch CB. A solid one...but not one that can lock down WR's on a consistent basis. Almost anytime we get picked on in the secondary...it's consistently on him.

I am looking for 1 thing in Paxton the rest of the way. Play-making ability.

He's going to be off with his accuracy, he's not going to go through his reads consistently, his footwork is going to be a mess, he's going to look confused, he won't have command of the huddle (since he won't exactly know what is going on), and he'll look incompetent...

But how many plays will he be able to make? Through the air or on the ground. How will he able to make plays to keep drives going, to get in the endzone, to pick up that tough 3rd down. Something. I need to see grit. I need to see toughness. I need to see that vast potential we have been told for two years now.

Brock has command of the huddle...but he doesn't make enough plays. Siemian throws a nice ball but is seeing ghosts and has broke.

I don't mind a raw prospect at QB....but he's got to be able to make plays. The Paxton I saw in preseason...not only couldn't run an offense (or understand one)....he just couldn't make the necessary plays to give us something.

Play-making ability. If that shows up consistently, I'm okay riding with him while we focus on shoring other areas of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    DT was shopped but so is 90% of the roster. If someone wanted to pay 2 firsts, we would listen lol

Also was just texted Paxton is going to be the starter the rest of the year. The team has been informed.
    Classic business. If you're going to buy high...then sell high.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345