Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36...en-a-lynch-mob

Gingrich, Ingraham: Dems speaking out against Franken a ‘lynch mob’
    Fox News's Laura Ingraham and former Speaker Newt Gingrich late Wednesday referred to the Democrats speaking out against Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) as a "lynch mob."

Ingraham said on her Fox News show that Democrats who are calling on Franken to step down amid sexual misconduct allegations have come down with a "sudden case of feverish morality."

"But what it really is, is nothing more than a political calculation by the Dems," she said.

She said Democrats have two paths to destroy President Trump: the investigation of special counsel Robert Mueller into Russian election interference and the "war on women."

"They have now determined that it's worth sacrificing Franken, just like they did John Conyers, to save the political Titanic that is their party," she said, referring to the long-time Democratic congressman from Michigan, who resigned earlier this week.

She said the left is "really smart" at using the media to create a narrative that "quickly becomes a political bludgeon." Both Hollywood and the Democrats have objectified and abused women for decades, she said, citing former President Bill Clinton and former NBC's Matt Lauer.

“So I’ll tell you this tonight, be weary of the lynch mob you join today,” Ingraham continued. “Because tomorrow, it could be coming for your husband, your brother, your son, and yes, even your president.”

Her comments come after more than 30 Democratic senators on Wednesday called for Franken to resign after multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against him.

Franken is expected to resign from office Thursday after his Democratic colleagues decisively turned on him.

Gingrich echoed Ingraham's views during an interview on her show.

"All these nice people, none of whom have given back the money that they raised from Harvey Weinstein, none of whom have repudiated Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton, none of whom seemed offended in the past, suddenly in a paroxysm of moral outrage, create a lunch mob," he said.

"And what you saw today was a lynch mob. Let's not have due process. Let's not ask anybody any questions. Let's not have any chance to have a hearing. Let's just lynch him, because when we get done lynching him, we'll be so pure."

Gingrich said the Democratic Party is "losing its mind."

The comments come as multiple public officials in recent weeks have faced allegations of sexual misconduct. Several figures in Hollywood and in the media have lost their jobs and faced other repercussions in the wake of the allegations.

Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has also been the target of multiple accusations, has refused to drop out of his race.
    interesting take, and not surprising with how heated politics has become.

Why do these *** hats not see that due process doesn't apply to the court of public opinion? If it did, Clinton would have won the election. If people couldn't vote against her or speak out against her with things that haven't been proven, what would they attack her with?

So Al Franken is gone, John Conyers is gone. Moore is still running, Trump is still here. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So Al Franken is gone, John Conyers is gone. Moore is still running, Trump is still here. Just saying.
    meh... the names might have changed but nothing really changes...

especially Conyers... he is basically retiring so the Nepotism train kicks in

These two stepping down means nothing to that side. There's no winning in being honorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    These two stepping down means nothing to that side. There's no winning in being honorable.
    Agreed. Family values means that R's are allowed to ruin families and commit horrible assaults against women and children.

I don't think there is a moral "high ground" to hold onto here, and for what it's worth I suggest the Democrats not to make too big a deal about it.

Yes, Al Franken may stink a little less than the rest of the scum swimming in the swamp, but as the old saying goes: "less bad is not good."

I don't get this stepping down thing. Can you explain it to me? If i get caught drunk driving should I quit my job?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't get this stepping down thing. Can you explain it to me? If i get caught drunk driving should I quit my job?
    Yes... next question

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Yes... next question

Not convinced

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Might depend on what your job is.

He ended up resigning, which was the right thing to do in all honesty.

I stopped defending him after the 2nd and 3rd accusers came out. You just knew there would be more... and of course there was.

But of course, Democrats resign while Republicans who are accused of far worse get elected. It's crazy. This shouldn't be a partisan issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Yea the Democrats always find a way to **** things up. Even in doing things the right way they end up screwing up. Moore has more accusers than Franken or Conyers and Trump has more accusers than Franken AND Conyers.

The problem is, it doesn't end here. The next Democrat that gets accused has to resign too. If there is zero tolerance, you can't make exceptions. Meanwhile Republicans don't have to play by those rules. This is a gamble by Democrats politically speaking. They will always be at the mercy of no knowing who may have committed sexual misconduct of any form while Republicans can just deny, deny, deny.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36...en-a-lynch-mob

interesting take, and not surprising with how heated politics has become.
    Democrats fail to demand Franken step down, they’re wrong.
    Democrats demand Franken step down, they’re wrong.

The only thing this article shows is how partisan Fox News is. And Gingrich should stop throwing stones about the contradictory feelings towards sexual misconduct of Democrats, they aren’t about to elect a sexual miscreant to the Senate.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast