Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyrod Benched

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    For the regulars here in this forum, we will finally get to see who has been right for the last two years.

I have blamed the offensive line for 3 straight seasons. I have blamed the lack of WR's to help Tyrod (until this year). I have blamed the mickey mouse stale offensive game plan that consisted of run run run, no matter how bad it isn't working.

Others ignored all that and blamed Tyrod for just not being a good QB. His accuracy down field was always criticized, while all the critical game changing dropped passes were ignored. Tyrod solely got the blame, for only having one 300 yard game in his career. Ignoring the fact that this team, with 3 different coaches, only want to run the ball, punt to get good field position and to try to win the game with Defense and Special teams, rather than the offense.

We will now see how another QB plays with the same personnel on the field.

I will be watching this game hoping that Peterman is the next Tom Brady. I will be hoping that McDermott is the next Bellichick, and praying this QB move works as good as it did for NE, when they made the bold move to give the reigns to Brady and dumping Bledsoe. But can we really be this lucky? Can this offensive line protect Peterman? Tyrod definitely lost his poise on the field. He was so rattled, he couldn't make accurate throws when he was rushed anymore. I blamed the line, others blamed Tyrod. Peterman will settle this. I would love to be wrong.
    No, that is incorrect. Tyrod is a good QB. The debate was whether or not he was good enough. Unfortunately, the NFL is a league were elite QBs win, despite how good other teams may be outside of that position. There are some exceptions, but very few.

Um For two years, I have been the only one here defending Tyrod. You canít hedge your bet now by saying you always thought he was a good QB. Knowing now that Peterman is going to suffer the same fate in these games that Tyrod endured. We been debating this for two years. As Iíve said a million times, when the bills win, thereís never a peep about him. But as soon as he loses, all we here is he sucks. Missed a WR on this play on that play. Isnít quick enough bla bla bla.

And your right about Pegula not getting involved, the former player I know said absolutely not. But he did say some players could have talked to the coach but he doubts it because Tyrod was beloved when he was here. He also doesnít think McDermott made this move without talking to Bean and Pegula first and he pretty much agrees with the obvious, which is McDermott is gambling. He mentioned, With Peterman working with the scout team every single week, what could he have possibly shown McDermott during practices. When he was a player, head coaches are solely with the starters going over everything. The head coach isnít watching the backups, the assistants were.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-18-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Um For two years, I have been the only one here defending Tyrod. You canít hedge your bet now by saying you always thought he was a good QB. Knowing now that Peterman is going to suffer the same fate in these games that Tyrod endured. We been debating this for two years. As Iíve said a million times, when the bills win, thereís never a peep about him. But as soon as he loses, all we here is he sucks. Missed a WR on this play on that play. Isnít quick enough bla bla bla.

And your right about Pegula not getting involved, the former player I know said absolutely not. But he did say some players could have talked to the coach but he doubts it because Tyrod was beloved when he was here. He also doesnít think McDermott made this move without talking to Bean and Pegula first and he pretty much agrees with the obvious, which is McDermott is gambling. He mentioned, With Peterman working with the scout team every single week, what could he have possibly shown McDermott during practices. When he was a player, head coaches are solely with the starters going over everything. The head coach isnít watching the backups, the assistants were.
    I always said he was an average starting QB and one that can possibly get a team to the playoffs (if everything else is perfect), but not a QB that can ultimately win it all and not a QB that can overcome the holes on a team.

He definitely left a lot of passes out there on the field, but that doesn't mean he's bad. Never once posted that. I just pointed out his flaws to show why the Bills had a capped ceiling with him playing QB.

Can they pick up tyrods option and trade him? How much of his contract is bonus? If it's mostly salary then it's a very movable contract.

He can be traded easily this off season. We have some leverage as well, with the GM saying they want him as a back up. They were just talking about that on the radio.

Iíve said it for a while now, Tyrod will go to Denver. Then we can all watch as he has time to go through all the reads and brings them right back to dominance.

Not many QBs can win in this league all by themselves, so your pretty much your hedging your bets again, knowing Peterman will now suffer the same fate, behind this line and defense.

For two years, this Tyrod debate was never about you claiming he was good, but not one of the elite. I liked him and blamed the line and WRs, and coaching staff for his struggles. Everyone else blamed the Bills struggles on Tyrod, claiming he is not accurate, he canít see the field and makes checks down to much.

I have even said that if Tom Brady was on our team, we would still be better off with Tyrod. Why?, because behind our line, even the greatest of all time wouldnít be able to overcome the rush and would take way to many hits. I feel bad for Peterman. There is absolutely no way our offensive line will protect him. Even if he survives today, he will be destroyed by Andy Reed and Iíll Bellichick. Peterman will face so many hits today, I really donít think he will finish the first half.

Itís amazing to see so many of the Bills mafia writing comments, thinking that today, That this will be Petermanís first win on his Super. BOwl run season. We havenít been lucky in 18 years, why any fan would be confident in This move boggles my mind.

Fire McDermott and staff. Bring in Frank Reich next year. I trust he will bring in a good staff. I hated the move of Dennison and Leslie Frazier. Next year we need an offensive minded coach and get a defensive coordinator like Shwartz to manage defensive schemes all by himself.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-19-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Not many QBs can win in this league all by themselves, so your pretty much your hedging your bets again, knowing Peterman will now suffer the same fate, behind this line and defense.

For two years, this Tyrod debate was never about you claiming he was good, but not one of the elite. I liked him and blamed the line and WRs, and coaching staff for his struggles. Everyone else blamed the Bills struggles on Tyrod, claiming he is not accurate, he canít see the field and makes checks down to much.

I have even said that if Tom Brady was on our team, we would still be better off with Tyrod. Why?, because behind our line, even the greatest of all time wouldnít be able to overcome the rush and would take way to many hits. I feel bad for Peterman. There is absolutely no way our offensive line will protect him. Even if he survives today, he will be destroyed by Andy Reed and Iíll Bellichick. Peterman will face so many hits today, I really donít think he will finish the first half.

Itís amazing to see so many of the Bills mafia writing comments, thinking that today, That this will be Petermanís first win on his Super. BOwl run season. We havenít been lucky in 18 years, why any fan would be confident in This move boggles my mind.

Fire McDermott and staff. Bring in Frank Reich next year. I trust he will bring in a good staff. I hated the move of Dennison and Leslie Frazier. Next year we need an offensive minded coach and get a defensive coordinator like Shwartz to manage defensive schemes all by himself.
    I'm not hedging any bets. I've said the same thing about Tyrod since the beginning. I rank him around the 20th best starting QB and I think he's a lot like Alex Smith. All you have to do is look at the Chiefs the last few years to see my point about Tyrod. With Tyrod, what the Chiefs are now is probably the best possibility for the Bills. QBs like him and Alex Smith don't win Super Bowls. That does not mean that either QB is bad. A post with me claiming Tyrod is bad doesn't exist. Posts that say he isn't good enough do exist, but there's a big difference between bad and not good enough.

Tom Brady has played with bad offensive lines, bad defenses, zero weapons, and no running games. It does not matter. You are selling him short by thinking his situations have been perfect when they haven't. He's just that good.

As for Peterman, you just witnessed why guys drafted in the late rounds aren't expected to start. He'll be a backup at best.
    Last edited by smood999; 11-20-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I'm not hedging any bets. I've said the same thing about Tyrod since the beginning. I rank him around the 20th best starting QB and I think he's a lot like Alex Smith. All you have to do is look at the Chiefs the last few years to see my point about Tyrod. With Tyrod, what the Chiefs are now is probably the best possibility for the Bills. QBs like him and Alex Smith don't win Super Bowls. That does not mean that either QB is bad. A post with me claiming Tyrod is bad doesn't exist. Posts that say he isn't good enough do exist, but there's a big difference between bad and not good enough.

Tom Brady has played with bad offensive lines, bad defenses, zero weapons, and no running games. It does not matter. You are selling him short by thinking his situations have been perfect when they haven't. He's just that good.

As for Peterman, you just witnessed why guys drafted in the late rounds aren't expected to start. He'll be a backup at best.
    Obviously the coaching staff around Brady needs to be taken into account. Hes amazing no doubt, but the continuity, creativity, and resumes of his coordinators have been very impressive.

My predictions on how the seasons of both the patriots and bills' seasons would unfold have been spot on.

YEah, WR's like Branch, Moss, Gronk. Players like Vrabel, Antoine Smith was a work horse, Faulk, Shane Vareen is one of the best third down backs in the game. Troy Brown, Edelman, Lineman, Nate Soler, Matt Light, Koppen, Andruzzi, Richard Seymour, Ninkovich, McGinestTeddy Bruschi, Ty Law, Harrison. Lawyer Miloy. Tom Brady has never had a weak Team like you think. You are crazy to think Brady plays behind our line and doesn't get hurt.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-20-2017 at 03:25 PM.

YEah, WR's like Branch, Moss, Gronk. Players like Vrabel, Antoine Smith was a work horse, Faulk, Shane Vareen is one of the best third down backs in the game. Troy Brown, Edelman, Lineman, Nate Soler, Matt Light, Koppen, Andruzzi, Richard Seymour, Ninkovich, McGinestTeddy Bruschi, Ty Law, Harrison. Lawyer Miloy. Tom Brady has never had a weak Team like you think. You are crazy to think Brady plays behind our line and doesn't get hurt.
    Yes, he's had those players at different points of his career, but not during his whole career. Most of the players you're naming were on the team at the same time as well. What about the other years? He's been in the league for 18 years. I can also name standout players on the Bills during the drought, it doesn't mean that they've had good overall teams.

I'm definitely not saying that he had all of those issues at once, but the Patriots have definitely had their holes through the years.
    Last edited by smood999; 11-20-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Yeah dude the pats have holes every year. They have a few glaring ones this season. Speaks to the coaching staff how well they are able to mask them.

Every player I listed has multiple Super Bowl Rings. Brady has played behind a competent line and their defense has always been above average. Yes he has had the best coach who ever lived, but that doesn't take away from having more than 20 HOF'ers during their 18 years of winning. Even this year, you guys will probably think NE has the worst Defense in the league, because of the start of the season. I got news for you, their defense is very good. 100 xs better than ours. I laugh at how some of you will actually give the Bills credit for some of their personnel moves throughout the years and then try to diminish any credit the Pats have and claim they are only good because of Brady and Bellichick. Of Course they are a huge part of it, but if we switch them with our coach and QB, behind this team, they get destroyed. In New England, they built a competent machine. Brady gets injured one year, they still go on to win 12 games without him. He gets suspended last year, they still go 3-1 without him. The team has always been a well built machine, something the Bills have failed at miserably here.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-21-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah dude the pats have holes every year. They have a few glaring ones this season. Speaks to the coaching staff how well they are able to mask them.
    What holes? Great QB, Great WR's, a better stable of running backs than we have. Great lines on both sides of the ball. Playing without Gilmore has made them better on D. What holes? What positions? The Bills have holes and I can list a 15 page paragraph on each of their holes. Just name a couple holes in New England. Are they not 8-2? The Bills will get credit with their coach at 5-5, but now your saying you can identify holes in an 8-2 team? I need to be educated on their holes.
    Last edited by sabres11; 11-21-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Yes, he's had those players at different points of his career, but not during his whole career. Most of the players you're naming were on the team at the same time as well. What about the other years? He's been in the league for 18 years. I can also name standout players on the Bills during the drought, it doesn't mean that they've had good overall teams.

I'm definitely not saying that he had all of those issues at once, but the Patriots have definitely had their holes through the years.
    You should seriously look back at each of their playoff years, super bowl years and read the names of their HOF rosters. Your perception is far from reality.

Many of those players will make the HOF based off of being on those championship teams.

the holes they have right now are in their front 7. Their secondary is not overly impressive either especially safety.

Again though, they are amazing at masking their holes. They gameplan around their strengths as well as their weaknesses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast