Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

You’re the Defensive Coordinator, who do you stop?

This may not get the results that are hoped for with activity down and the larger posting fan bases may be viewed as biased to the conversation. Eagles and Cowboys fans please keep from voting.

You are facing the Dallas Cowboys, your job is to stop them on defense. What do you do? Gameplan to stop Zeke or Dak?

Curious as to what others think.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Zeke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

It's a passing league, Dak. For me to pick the rb (no matter how elite) your team must have a non top 20 qb, that's just how important the position is...

Depends on who my defense is tbh. If I've got a nasty pass defense I'm selling out to stop Zeke, but if I've got a strong run D i probably would play more balanced.

Regardless, I'm not game planning for Dak specifically.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Zeke easily

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

After being on the receiving end of this:

Neither. Let it be a shootout and prey you create 1 turn over.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Depends on who my defense is tbh. If I've got a nasty pass defense I'm selling out to stop Zeke, but if I've got a strong run D i probably would play more balanced.

Regardless, I'm not game planning for Dak specifically.
    Just assuming average. Average run D and average pass D.

For the Redskins, with our injuries on the defensive line, and pass-rush/corner being our strength, I would rather sell out to stop Zeke and make them throw the ball versus allowing them to have a balanced attack.

Zeke.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Zeke

While I maintain that the run game decides the success of the entire Cowboys team, as a defense I wouldn't sell out to stop it. Mind you, "selling out" doesn't mean what it used to. Base formation with single high safety means stopping the run. Defenses rarely go heavy outside of goal line situations. It would be a mistake to be in base formation when the Cowboys have Beasley on the field. I certainly wouldn't give any extra attention to Dez Bryant though.

Easy to vote Zeke, after a terrible game by Dak and a lackluster game by the o-line (Including run blocking).

At the end of the day, any top 12 or even possibly 15 qb is more important then any rb in the league, that's just my take.
    Last edited by Heediot; 11-15-2017 at 04:50 AM.

when the last time an elite rb carried a team to the super bowl?

over the course of a year and through adjustments. cowboys win more games with Dak and no zeke, vs. zeke and no Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    when the last time an elite rb carried a team to the super bowl?

over the course of a year and through adjustments. cowboys win more games with Dak and no zeke, vs. zeke and no Dak.
    Its not about an Elite running back... Eli/Rodgers/Brady all had Defense/Running games to get them their ****. You go in stopping zeek... Dak is as after thought.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Its not about an Elite running back... Eli/Rodgers/Brady all had Defense/Running games to get them their ****. You go in stopping zeek... Dak is as after thought.
    A good oline can make a rb by committee work. A good oline won't make a backup qb just start lighting it up (80-90 percent of the time). You win with either elite defense or elite qb imo. The proof is in the pudding lately. If this were mid 90's and before, the running game was more significant, but the league has evolved.

You still win more with Dak and no zeke over the course of a year vs. vice versa.

In a re-draft as good as Zeke, Bell and McCoy are, Dak gets drafted before them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast