Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How good do you think this starting lineup would be?

How good do you think this starting lineup would do given a competent bench?

PG: Patrick Beverely
    SG: Kris Middleton
    SF: Robert Covington
    PF: Draymond Green
    C: Steven Adams

All of these players are very good defensively and considered excellent or elite glue guys. Additionally, all of them have generally very good advanced stats. So how well would this cast of elite "role players" do?

Top 3 in the east? I think this team could cause issues for the cavs. But im not sure the cavs are top 3 anymore. Celtics are probably better. bucks are better. ORL and DET? IDK
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

i like the question. i think they would have elite defense and prolly keep the opposing team under 90 ppg. but i doubt they could make the playoffs. role players are great but its a superstar league.

this would be a terribly easy team to defend. who would you double team? who is going to make plays? green isn't going to have the assist numbers on this team. he's a great D player but offensively he is very limited & found his niche with elite shooters.

they are not fast turning turnovers, rebounds to transition points. the offense would be average shooters chucking contested 3s and crashing offensive boards, or tap outs to open 3s.

i love all these players, i don't think this team sniffs the playoffs unless they have the one of the best benches in basketball.

At best they're a tough regular season team. Playoffs is a different beast.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

I think it is probably a playoff team but it wouldn't be a true contender. Let's say right around the Memphis range as a team?

I think it has can be a top 5 defense with a likely bottom 10 offense (last year Memphis was 7th and 19th). While they don't have any sort of elite offensive talent they do have spacing and Beverly/Green/Middleton can each carry some load there (scoring and passing). If they had a 6th man scorer off the bench it would definitely help though.

That's a 45-win team and a 6-8 seed at best and a 30-win team at worst. Sure, it's elite defensively, but there's no one remotely close to being considered a go-to scorer. With the irrational confidence/competitiveness of guys like Beverley and Green, they might each shoot 20+ times a night, which could be a recipe for disaster.

I think they'd probably be the top defensive team ... but there would have to be a LOT of game growth from them on offense.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Do we not think that Middleton, Green and Covington would be able to increase their scoring output to offset their supposed lack of offense?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do we not think that Middleton, Green and Covington would be able to increase their scoring output to offset their supposed lack of offense?
    They would have to. There'd be too many possessions to go around for them not to. But those guys just aren't skilled enough offensively to think that their efficiency wouldn't take a hit. There would be a ton of contested jumpers on this team and a lot of turnovers.

Beverley's sample size so far in LA is a great example. He's averaging more minutes with the Clippers than he did in Houston, where he was expected to do much less offensively. And he's taking more shots, so of course he's scoring more points. But with that additional production has come a 1.8 percent dropoff in TS% and 1.7 percent increase in TO%, and his advanced stats are down pretty much across the board.

Middleton has seen an even greater dropoff in efficiency this season with him having an increased role in the offense due to Parker's absence. He's taking nearly five more shots per game than last season, but scoring only three more points per game with a 6+ percent dropoff in TS%.

I just don't think well-balanced offenses succeed in today's playoff atmosphere. Young, fresh legs tend to energize teams for stretches of time in the regular season, but that's it.

Well balanced offenses tend to get shut down in the playoffs, then outscored by more potent, star-laden offenses. A huge part of defense is effort, and in the playoffs you better believe even the not-so-good defensive players will be going all out. You can't "effort" your way into an effective offense.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

If they are healthy AND they had a year together to build chemistry, that team is a contender.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If they are healthy AND they had a year together to build chemistry, that team is a contender.
    You forgot to add the word Playoff before contender

Borderline 50-win team. It has shooting, passing, and elite defense. They would win a lot of low-scoring games, and lose a few high-scoring games when other teams are shooting on fire and they are missing their shots.

Middleton/Green combine for 40 points as the 1a and 1b options

Thats basically a slight better current jazz team. Elite defensively but who's carrying the scoring load here?

None of these guys are a #1 (or really a solid #2) scoring option. Come playoffs theyd be a tough out but they couldn't score enough to beat the elite offensive teams.

first round fodder. 50 wins in the regular season is possible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast