Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Week 11: Minnesota Vikings vs Los Angeles Rams 11/19/17 1:00 PM ET

Week Eleven

VS

Sunday, November 19 at 1:00 PM ET on FOX

Big game that could have some huge implications for playoff seeding. Lets keep on winning, its really fun.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Who would have thought preseason that we'd basically view the Rams like we usually view the Packers and the Packers like we usually view the Rams? They're obviously playing well, but they still lost to the Skins and barely beat the Niners...weeks ago. They beat the Jags, but didn't do much on offense and needed 2 ST TDs to win.

In other words, it'll be like a lot of our games have been- our D can hold their own, so how much can our O score?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

My biggest concern will be Aaron Donald and how we game plan for him. That guy is a sick beast, just nasty. He'll line up against Berger and Brockers will take on Easton. Brockers is having a solid year as well.

We are going up a Rams offense that is the highest PPG in the league at 33 a game and a defense that is tied for 3rd at 18 a game. It appears they give up yards but buckle down in the red zone.

Number 1 in 3 step drops with Wentz second with a 118 rating.
    1. JARED GOFF, LOS ANGELES RAMS
    Passer rating on 3-step concepts: 130.2

Goff is having a breakout season in his second year, and his performance on 3-step concepts is no exception, as he sees the highest passer rating on these passes. Under new head coach Sean McVay’s scheme, Goff has attempted 42 passes on 3-step concepts, completing 31 of them for 351 yards with four touchdowns against no interceptions. He has an average depth-of-target of 3.0 yards and has been pressured on only five of these dropbacks (11.6 percent), a rate good for eighth-lowest among qualifying quarterbacks.
    -PFF

Very small sample
    24. CASE KEENUM, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    Passer rating on 3-step concepts: 72.7

Keenum has attempted 19 passes on 3-step concepts, completing 14 for 142 yards. He has used 3-step concepts on just 7.3 percent of his total dropbacks, easily the lowest rate in the league. Keenum has been unafraid to throw the ball downfield in the rare occasions he does use a 3-step concept, however; his 8.1-yard average depth-of-target is second only to Tampa Bay’s Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Very small sample
    How much of that is due to Ol play

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    How much of that is due to Ol play

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I think its more of the type of offense we run. Rams have a better OL then we do in terms of PFF grade. I also think that if it was Sam we would probably see this number be higher. IDK, one would think in a WCO we would have more 3 step drops but I guess not. But maybe that just means they run more out of traditional snap instead of shotgun? But it appears we'll need to probably press them a bit more.

Jared Geof will be running for his life Sunday and will be sacked 6 times. Our defense is coming into this game pissed off because of the performance last week.

Vikings 34
    Rams 20

I got a question. Are the Miami Hurricanes for real?

I don't watch a lot of college football but I just see that
    they are ranked

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Miami is indeed for real
    You can't sack a QB who no longer has the ball
    LB pass coverage will be huge
    Rams have scored a lot, but it's skewed a bit by scoring 46, 41, 51 against the Colts, Niners, and Giants Ds
    They did score 27 against the Jags, but the offense only accounted for half of that.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yeah I think this is going to be a huge game for the LBs and DBs. Rams run a lot of misdirection, screens, and quick passes. Going to have to be able to range from sideline to sideline and make solid tackles. Look for Barr and Kendricks to be very active.

Watched J.R. due some breakdown on the Rams and they run A LOT of screens. I imagine whenever we show the AA gap blitz they'll be looking to check into a screen.

Stopping Gurley will be huge. I feel like you slow him down then you can slow down their whole offense. I feel good about Rhodes locking down Watkins. Woods and Kupp are solid receivers. We'll need to be at our best tackling.

I like our chances to slow down their offense but we will need to score in the red zone. Rams D is pretty good.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Watched J.R. due some breakdown on the Rams and they run A LOT of screens. I imagine whenever we show the AA gap blitz they'll be looking to check into a screen.

Stopping Gurley will be huge. I feel like you slow him down then you can slow down their whole offense. I feel good about Rhodes locking down Watkins. Woods and Kupp are solid receivers. We'll need to be at our best tackling.

I like our chances to slow down their offense but we will need to score in the red zone. Rams D is pretty good.
    Yeah we are a pretty evenly matched teams. It will come down to execution. At home, I like our chances but it will be a tight game IMO. Lots of back and forth.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast