Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Week 11: Dallas Cowboys (5-4) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (8-1)

Code:
    Dallas Cowboys AT Philadelphia Eagles
    11/19/2017 8:25 PM EST
    AT&T Stadium

Alright, let's just get this game thread started so we can discuss this game and move on from the debacle in Atlanta.

I think the game this week is absolutely huge for the Cowboys chances to make the playoffs, and it also is huge for the division obviously as well. If the Eagles win, they'll have a 4 game lead in the division with 6 to go. It'd take a huge meltdown for them. If we win, they it's only a 2 game lead with 6 to go and a manageable situation, especially with another game against them left.

For the wild card, this game is also super important since the Panthers are now at 7-3 and there are a bunch of other teams clustered at 6-3, 5-4, and 4-5. We need to win to keep pace with others and hopefully overtake others. Richard Sherman is out for the year and maybe Seattle will struggle a bit defensively without him. We will see.

In terms of this game, we have to pray that Tyron Smith is ready to return from his groin injury. If he isn't then we have to pray that our coaches get their act together and implement a scheme to help Green or Bell out a lot more than they did against Atlanta. The defensive line of the Eagles is a lot better than the one the Falcons had. So, they need to use Hanna a lot more to help out on the left side if Smith is out again IMO. The other big injury concern is Sean Lee, but he's already out for the next 2 games it seems. So we've gotta rely on Durant coming in and playing well. Jaylon Smith is solid against the run but can't cover at all just yet.

I think this is a winnable game. Dak is going to go out there and prove to everyone he is a beast. There are absurd things being said about him it's really pretty comical given that he had no chance to do anything against Atlanta with the horrible line play. Hitchens will need to keep our defense going in the absence of Lee. In particular, he needs to fill the holes in our run defense because without Lee we are terrible against the run. Awuzie will play this week so let's hope he can take a lot of Anthony Brown's snaps because he has been terrible.

In all, I think this will end up as a shootout. The coaching staff will provide help to the LT if Smith is out and Dez and Dak should be able to get things going if they have the time. The Eagles have a highly rated run defense but I think Morris gives us a solid game here too. I also think the Eagles have played a bit above their heads so far and they haven't faced an offense like ours (assuming Smith is back), so we need to take advantage of that. When they did play a top offense (the Chiefs), they lost. Let's look for the Cowboys to get back on track this week.

PREDICTION: Cowboys, 35-31.

Are we going to have Tyronn? Because without Sean Lee, our defense looks like swiss cheese.... and without Tyronn, we looked like the Alamo.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Are we going to have Tyronn? Because without Sean Lee, our defense looks like swiss cheese.... and without Tyronn, we looked like the Alamo.
    Smith is up in the air, though I think Lee will be out until after the Chargers game.

We need all those guys now.....not even sure if we'll still be in the race if we lose too many more games. These aren't just 3rd guys on the depth charge, they happen to be the best players on our teams on each unit. We probably should invest in an all star linebacker to go with Lee because he's always injured every year, so if he goes down we aren't so compromised. The way he plays, so aggressive, is just something that's going to get you hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Smith is up in the air, though I think Lee will be out until after the Chargers game.
    Yea they havenít said anything about Tyron yet. Lee is definitely out.

Iím expecting another blowout if both Lee and Tyron sit.

Donít know how many of you have seen this.

https://twitter.com/gil_brandt/statu...51011594919937

If we have Tyron Smith I expect the game to be competitive I am not expecting a win... Sorry Eagles win... If Tyron Smith doesn't play it will be another blowout... Im already assuming we wont win the division so I am looking at wildcard scenarios... In that case this isn't a must win for the wildcard... We have winnable games against chargers,skins,giants,raiders and for the seahawks we get zeke back and we should already have lee back by then. If we beat those teams which we should we can go 11-5 or 10-6 to get a wildcard spot that is of course if the coaching staff does their job which I doubt in garrett. We have the talent, injuries are not an excuse, this will be all coaching in the upcoming games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Donít know how many of you have seen this.

https://twitter.com/gil_brandt/statu...51011594919937
    Yeah that's absurd. I don't really get it either, I can't believe it'd be like ref collusion to not call holding so idk what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KiNgJaMeS315 View Post
    If we have Tyron Smith I expect the game to be competitive I am not expecting a win... Sorry Eagles win... If Tyron Smith doesn't play it will be another blowout... Im already assuming we wont win the division so I am looking at wildcard scenarios... In that case this isn't a must win for the wildcard... We have winnable games against chargers,skins,giants,raiders and for the seahawks we get zeke back and we should already have lee back by then. If we beat those teams which we should we can go 11-5 or 10-6 to get a wildcard spot that is of course if the coaching staff does their job which I doubt in garrett. We have the talent, injuries are not an excuse, this will be all coaching in the upcoming games.
    Yeah I predicted 10-6 before the season started and that is still well within our grasp. 10-6 should get us a wild card, but we will have to see how it all shakes out. If we beat the Eagles I think the division is still very much in play. They've been flying high all season so far, but it's not inconceivable that they'll regress to the mean here in the second half of the season. They've definitely been well above expectations so far. To be fair, though, the Cowboys were above expectations all of last year and they never slowed down so we will have to see how it goes. We match up well with the Eagles.

Completely agree^^^... If we somehow figure out a way to beat the Eagles without Tyronn Smith, Sean Lee, it changes everything about how I feel this season and the division would still be alive but if we lose which I expect the wildcard is realistic at 10-6.

Completely agree^^^... If we somehow figure out a way to beat the Eagles without Tyronn Smith, Sean Lee, it changes everything about how I feel this season and the division would still be alive but if we lose which I expect the wildcard is realistic at 10-6.
    Yeah winning the game on Sunday would completely change the narrative on everything. It's really funny how one bad game can completely define players and a team. These doomsday predictions from everyone in the NFL main forum and around the sports media for the Cowboys (and how Dak is really just an average QB) are really annoying. Dak is an average QB because he had terrible line play against the Falcons and thus didn't have his best game? Has there ever been a QB who gets sacked 8 times and has a good game? I don't think so.

Dak: 16 TDs and 4 INTs passing and another 5 TDs rushing. But, yeah, he's below average because of one game lol. I'm not saying that is your stance or anything, just annoyed with how others around the forum are portraying things and how those on ESPN and stuff are as well. The narrative is so stupid. The Cowboys have won 3 out of their last 4 games but because they didn't win 4 out of 4 games that's supposed to be absolute doom? I don't buy it.

If the Cowboys win Sunday night there will be guys jumping off bridges left and right in Philly. You listen to their sports stations and read their comments on message boards and they feel like theyíve already won the Super Bowl. Their world is going to come crashing down pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If the Cowboys win Sunday night there will be guys jumping off bridges left and right in Philly. You listen to their sports stations and read their comments on message boards and they feel like theyíve already won the Super Bowl. Their world is going to come crashing down pretty hard.
    Yeah they are really out of hand right now lol. Can't wait to see them fall off of their high horse. I really hope it happens this week and Dak just tears them apart. They'll come up with other excuses though, since it's what they always do

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast