Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Jurickson Profar is on the trade market and I think he'd be a fantastic buy low candidate and would form a young up the middle double play combo with Amed Rosario. Profar is the former #1 ranked prospect in Baseball.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Last year the Mets starters had a WAR of 8.8, and between Thor and deGrom they produced a WAR of 5.8 in 38 starts. So in 124 starts the Mets starters proceed a WAR of 3.0.

To put into perspective, Thor and deGrom had a WAR of 9.5 in 2016 in 54 starts. That's higher than what they had in 2017 for the entire year. The rest of the staff produced a WAR of 8.5 in 108 starts.

If not pushing them will get them better results then I am all for it.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Would love to get profar, which means we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Jurickson Profar is on the trade market and I think he'd be a fantastic buy low candidate and would form a young up the middle double play combo with Amed Rosario. Profar is the former #1 ranked prospect in Baseball.
    Problem is, everybody is going to think the same way which means a lot of demand then suddenly, he isnt so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Last year the Mets starters had a WAR of 8.8, and between Thor and deGrom they produced a WAR of 5.8 in 38 starts. So in 124 starts the Mets starters proceed a WAR of 3.0.

To put into perspective, Thor and deGrom had a WAR of 9.5 in 2016 in 54 starts. That's higher than what they had in 2017 for the entire year. The rest of the staff produced a WAR of 8.5 in 108 starts.

If not pushing them will get them better results then I am all for it.
    It's not all about pushing them though. Yes, lack of endurance and durability can be complicated by extended innings but Harvey, Wheeler, and Matz were bad from pitch 1 of almost every start last year. They have to hope 2 of those guys can rebound from a performance standpoint, otherwise limiting innings or pitch counts doesn't mean much. You'll just be going to your bullpen sooner having spotted the competition 4, 5, or more runs.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-16-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Word is that the Rays are trying to slash payroll and are willing to trade guys under long term contracts. Rumors indicate that's they're willing to move Longoria, Hechaverria, Colome, Archer and a few others.

Longoria would be a nice addition but only if the Rays would pick up some of his contract - which they won't.

Hechaverria really isn't an upgrade but I would admit that him and Rosario have potential to be the best defense up the middle, however we need a mix of offense and defense, so pass.

Colome would be a fantastic addition and will be under arbitration for I think 3 years, he might cost a lot but he'd definitely be worth it.

Archer would be another fantastic addition and would allow other starters to be expendable but he'd probably cost Smith and another handful of B specs.

Regardless, the Rays are another additional 'seller' that we can call for a trade sometime down the line. It's something for Sandy and co. to keep in mind, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Word is that the Rays are trying to slash payroll and are willing to trade guys under long term contracts. Rumors indicate that's they're willing to move Longoria, Hechaverria, Colome, Archer and a few others.

Longoria would be a nice addition but only if the Rays would pick up some of his contract - which they won't.

Hechaverria really isn't an upgrade but I would admit that him and Rosario have potential to be the best defense up the middle, however we need a mix of offense and defense, so pass.

Colome would be a fantastic addition and will be under arbitration for I think 3 years, he might cost a lot but he'd definitely be worth it.

Archer would be another fantastic addition and would allow other starters to be expendable but he'd probably cost Smith and another handful of B specs.

Regardless, the Rays are another additional 'seller' that we can call for a trade sometime down the line. It's something for Sandy and co. to keep in mind, at least.
    I have thought about Longoria but when I looked at his contract I am thinking no don't want another Wright problem. Longoria is 32 and his contract keeps going up each year ending in 2022 @ 19.6mil. Would love for us to look at Archer but I don't think we are willing to pay what they would want.

As far as 3b goes I would love to see what it would take to get Donaldon here. He is arb eligible this year and a fa next so maybe we get him for the year and work a new contract.

No thanks on Longoria. Not that I wouldn't be happy to have Longoria, but allocating ~$20million to a player will likely end the Mets offseason of quality upgrades.

Given the Mets current financial standing and projected payroll, they need to spread out the budget to several other positions, rather than 'going in' at one. Sucks, but its whatever at this point.
    #oneatatime

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345