Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1634
    I still say there is collusion going on. Every team but the Phillies is in on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Mets need to go sign Holland.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is not about the market when it comes to a guy coming off back injuries.

No team would given him a multi year deal and he knew that hence why he took the money and ran once he was offered a QO. He was not stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or he was banking on being healthy last year, bet on himself, and hoped to cash in this offseason. It didn't work out that way because he got hurt and the FA market collapsed but I'm positive someone would have given Walker a multi year deal last offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Or he was banking on being healthy last year, bet on himself, and hoped to cash in this offseason. It didn't work out that way because he got hurt and the FA market collapsed but I'm positive someone would have given Walker a multi year deal last offseason.
    Nah

He took that 17 million because only a fool would had offered it.

Nah

Sucker bets are not 1 year deals given to 4 WAR players. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Mets need to go sign Holland.
    Dilly, Dilly!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Sucker bets are not 1 year deals given to 4 WAR players. Sorry.
    When is a guy with a bad back, yes it’s a suckers bet and Walker and his agents proved that by taking the deal and screaming SUCKERS! All the way to the bank.

When is a guy with a bad back, yes it’s a suckers bet and Walker and his agents proved that by taking the deal and screaming SUCKERS! All the way to the bank.

How much of a sucker bet could it be if the guy was still a 2 WAR player last year? He was coming off a career season in 2016. Not every player with a back injury is an instant death sentence and there are teams who would have been in for Walker's services last offseason that would have paid him for more than 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Not really, it was pretty easy to see. The only thing surprising about the Moustakas deal is the 6.5, I would have thought closer to 10-12M for 1 year.

I for one didn't want the Mets spending anything this offseason, in hopes the bank opens for 2019 where a real free agent class is available. I, the Mets, writers, and the league thought the same thing...several here as well knew this would be a depressed market.

The free agency crop wasn't good, everyone knew this.

The big boys were all reaching the luxury tax, so most of the big spenders were out this year and likely focusing on 2019 FA

Back to Moustakas, the guy had a serious injury the year prior, and nagged him last year. Who wants to dump big bucks or years into that?

Moustakas isn't even that good, sure he hits a bunch of HRs, but that's easy to find lately and his other offensive stats are pretty weak.

Moustakas had draft picks tied to him, that's been the kiss of death for several fringe players the past few years. Slightly lessened now that it's a second rounder, but still a killer.

Writing was all over the wall that this was going to be a weak FA class
    That's so off base I don't know where you pulled that from. Everyone thought his asking price was high, I can agree on that. But not one single person expected him to sign 1 yr 6.5 million. There were some that saw him signing a one year deal and retesting the market, but more like 1 year 15-17 million. Not 6.5......So you can't just sit here and say everyone thought the Moustakas deal would end up like it did.....That's BS
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Mike Puma @NYPost_Mets
    Brandon Nimmo spent part of his day off Monday in the oncology ward at the children's hospital in West Palm Beach handing out Mets hats.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Mike Puma @NYPost_Mets
    Brandon Nimmo spent part of his day off Monday in the oncology ward at the children's hospital in West Palm Beach handing out Mets hats.
    How can you not love this guy?

Also, Lagares apparently drawing persistent interest from an AL team...Not sure who. Really should consider flipping him for an elite reliever or something.

How much of a sucker bet could it be if the guy was still a 2 WAR player last year? He was coming off a career season in 2016. Not every player with a back injury is an instant death sentence and there are teams who would have been in for Walker's services last offseason that would have paid him for more than 1 year.
    And yet many teams will back off a guy with back issues. Nobody was going to give him a multi year deal. His agents and he knew it, so yeah he got a couple of suckers to pay him off 17 millions when he was not going to get that at all.

Mike Puma @NYPost_Mets
    When Nimmo was in Savannah - at age 19 or 20, what car was he driving? You’d figure he’d drive something pretty nice with a good engine and some nice wheels. Maybe a Jeep or a jacked F150, etc.

He drove a beige, 4-door Nissan Maxima. Plainest car in the players’ parking lot.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Nah

Guys like Colby Rasmus were getting the QO. It was a different market back then. Walker was a run of the mill QO guy at the time. Stop trying to be Captain Hindsight.
    Marmolololololol

Dilly, Dilly!
    I honestly think we kind of need him. I feel uneasy about going into the season with our current bullpen.
    Marmolololololol