Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1634
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly feel lucky with our offseason. I really didn’t see them spending as much as they did.

Time will tell if the correct pieces were added. But. I feel much more optimistic about our potential now compared to at last seasons end.

I know that I’ll appreciate a deep run more if it’s not a “gimme” anyways.

Lot of uncertainty on this team, no doubt. I think that’s part of the fun.

The “season is a marathon” tho, and I’m certain people will declare the season is over after 15 games like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All:32218248
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Why wouldn't we look at a 1 year deal for Arrieta? Seems like he could be had for a decent 1 year deal...

We need that depth. We are foolish if we're gonna rely on Syndergaard, Harvey, Matz, and Wheeler staying healthy and/or actually being good.
    Because the Phillies got him.

They didn't have him when I posted that..... And he got 3 years 75mil anyway so its a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Am more upset that the Twins got Lynn for 1 year at 10 million, Mets got Vargas for more.

Ouch!

@NYPost_Mets
    Callaway: "We had a little talk about [fundamentals] this morning and you have to throw the ball where it's supposed to go. You have to run out balls and that is going to start happening

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Is Callaway calling the Mets a bunch of lollygaggers?

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Watch your profanity.

It was just a “little talk” about fundamentals. You don’t give the big talk until you realize the “little talk” didn’t help. After the “big talk” proves similarly fruitless you call the all-important and gravely serious “team meeting.” If the “team meeting” doesn’t work, then it’s time for some individual soul searching in which the players ask themselves how badly they want to be here, how much they want to win.

No one asks why we didn’t sign Jake Arietta or Lance Lynn.

It's not that culture and hustle don't matter - it's just that those things are the small intangibles that can help an already very talented team get over the top and win a title. They are important, but they do not in any way, shape or form make up for pure talent.

When the honeymoon period for Callaway comes to an end, he will be in the same position as every other manager before him - completely dependent on the talent he is given.

Don't worry. He's got this.

It's not that culture and hustle don't matter - it's just that those things are the small intangibles that can help an already very talented team get over the top and win a title. They are important, but they do not in any way, shape or form make up for pure talent.

When the honeymoon period for Callaway comes to an end, he will be in the same position as every other manager before him - completely dependent on the talent he is given.
    Until then, enjoy the cliches.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Thanks for the laugh.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

And can he put them in the best possible situation to succeed.

Terry didn't, Jerry didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    And can he put them in the best possible situation to succeed.

Terry didn't, Jerry didn't.
    Says who?

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Neil Walker to Yanks on 1 year deal for 5 million.

Remember that time he was paid 19 million by some sucker team?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Says who?

Anyone with a half a brain.