Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Braves hire Anthropolous to be their GM

Not Mets related but if the Braves are hiring "won't take no for an answer" Anthropolous then we better get a move on, the Braves are going to be a lot better, a lot sooner then everybody anticipated. Wouldn't be surprised to see them swing a blockbuster trade sometime this offseason.

If we want to win, we'll have a very narrow window to do so in the NL East with the Braves getting good, the Phillies having no financial commitments, and the Nationals still having a strong core of guys.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Anthopoulos*
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Let's resign Dickey and see what else AA can give us.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He only went to the Braves so he can talk Dickey into re-signing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Acuna would be nice.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Great place for him, they have the best farm system in baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ORLANDO — Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred is still deciding the penalties the Atlanta Braves will receive for violating rules in the international market. Those penalties, however, will definitely include the loss of prospects the team signed out of Latin America, according to major-league sources.

Any players the Braves lose become free agents subject to international bonus pools, sources said. The procedure will be the same as it was for the five Latin American prospects that baseball took from the Boston Red Sox on July 1, 2016, for circumventing international rules—the players kept their initial signing bonuses, each of which was $300,000, then became eligible to sign with other clubs. The players’ union, under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, must sign off on Manfred changing the statuses of the players involved, as it did in the case with the Red Sox.

-Rosenthal

If Kevin Maitan is being relinquished, the Mets needs to get him.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

John Hart out in Atlanta.
    uh-oh.