Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    He also overplays his ďBrown is a bad coachĒ card and has said something after every loss to somehow make it Browns fault.

After the Kings game is was not calling a time out, and not a peep about backups allowing a 14 point lead become a 8 point halftime deficit.

PROCESSING

Cavs need a trade badly. Doubt they part with Nets pick since LeBron isn't giving a hint if he stays or goes next summer. But they need another win now piece. What about a late Cavs pick for Noel? Mavs barely playing Noel. But I don't see many teams giving a haul for Noel. Since no Bird rights and he took QO so could be a rental. Also Noel has to agree to the trade since he's on the QO. QO is a no trade clause.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Not buying it. They're a far better spaced team this year than last with JJ alone. And despite Embiid's struggles are a 40% 3pt shooting team (last year 34%). He does not need to be sitting out there clapping for the ball at the top of the arc as much as he does. He's truly the last guy on the floor they should want with the ball there. Simmons is a slasher, he's not clogging the lane on post-ups. And if embiid is in the area they can utilize the CP3/DJ mini-oop with how good of a passer Simmons is.

Quickly realizing Simmons is already the best player on this team.
    Simmons is a great talent but he seems very LeBron like. He needs an open lane to operate. We've seen Bosh and Love pushed off the block by a guy with a similar style and a lot better range. If Joel is hanging out at the 3 point line too much I think he is trying to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Some details are already out there:

4 year extension, he's gonna get a raise from $1mil to $15mil this year (remainder of out cap). The prevailing thought is the pay raise of $14mil is going to offset what the AAV would be and he's going to get $12mil/year in the 4 years added on.

IIRC it can become official Thursday.
    The Sixers are in a position cap-wise where they can gamble on a guy like Covington. With Redick and Johnson off the books after this season, they have a ton of cap room moving forward. That being said, I'm not in love with that deal on paper. Covington is 27 and having a career year so far, but based on his previous production, there's little to suggest this is who he's going to be moving forward. No way is he going to shoot 50 percent from the 3-point line the rest of the season, and when he comes back down to earth, I'm not sure he's the guy you want to be spending that kind of money on.

Well yea expecting 50% from 3 is a fools errand. But heís a (iirc) career about 36% shooter from 3; along with being an elite wing defender. Again iirc, RoCo has been at or near the top in 50/50 balls, tipped passes, stolen passes, and TO creation.

PROCESSING

76ers fans ready to pay Covington $15M per or more? That's a lot for 3 and D. Heck I thought Bucks over paid for Snell 4/$46M.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    76ers fans ready to pay Covington $15M per or more? That's a lot for 3 and D. Heck I thought Bucks over paid for Snell 4/$46M.
    Itís not a real $15m per.

His pay will increase from $1 mil to $15 mil this single season. Then over the next 4 years his deals AAV is actually going to be lower than the contract says.

So if he gets the same deal as Snell, itís really a 5 year $47 mil deal as opposed to 4/$46 mil.

Itís a loophole that BC is very Hinkie-ly using.

PROCESSING

Covington is significantly better

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Covington is significantly better
    Doesn't matter come February. Snell becomes 7th man once Parker is back. Middleton slides back down to SG then. Brogdon,Snell be nice scoring punch off the pine.

Doesn't matter come February. Snell becomes 7th man once Parker is back. Middleton slides back down to SG then. Brogdon,Snell be nice scoring punch off the pine.

What are you talking about? your post made it sound like the bucks got Snell for less then RC will get even though Snell is better. I think RC will get more then Snell b/c he is better at basketball. I'm not comparing the two teams at all

I wouldn't want Covington at $15M+ per. That's more then Middleton is getting paid. Yeesh. Heck I don't even like Middleton's early season cold streaks. So his next contract will be lame as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Simmons is a great talent but he seems very LeBron like. He needs an open lane to operate. We've seen Bosh and Love pushed off the block by a guy with a similar style and a lot better range. If Joel is hanging out at the 3 point line too much I think he is trying to adjust.
    Simmons has a ton of talent, but he doesn't really know how to play a team game yet. He's never had a team to play with at his level. He tries to do too much. I think it's going to improve fairly quickly with him ... he's just got to see some success.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Are we sure the Cavs are a playoff team?
    Yes, but they could be as low as 7/8. It would be impossible to keep Full tilt Lebron out of the playoffs even at 33. You know this to be true. He canít change games like he used to because he just doesnít have the motor, but he could still kill himself to make the playoffs if he has to.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yes, but they could be as low as 7/8. It would be impossible to keep Full tilt Lebron out of the playoffs even at 33. You know this to be true. He canít change games like he used to because he just doesnít have the motor, but he could still kill himself to make the playoffs if he has to.
    and i dont think IT will help as much as people think. he literally plays no defense.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

The East is a little better for the first time in years. If they played the Celtics in a series starting tomorrow they would be easily swept. And IT won't help their NBA-worst defense, that much is obvious. Even without Hayward, I don't see this team putting it together. They're terribly constructed and LBJ is not enough. Losing Kyrie was massive, he's the one who will be leading his team to the Finals.
    Tre again, every year you underestimate the Cavs and donít take into account that Lebron is not even trying right now. If the playoffs started tomorrow, the Cavs would suddenly play 100% on D, Bron would be going 200% and they would beat the Celtics in 6 games.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast