Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    A few things on Embiid shooting from out there:
    1 - Embiid and Brown have both said the conditioning isn't there and he doesn't have his legs under him to go at it possession after possession. That happens when you are recovering from knee surgery and missed all of preseason along with playing nearly 30 MPG.

2 - The other day Embiid mentioned that he's sluggish, weighing 282, and his ideal playing weight is 270-275.

3 - He's so good at facing up, drawing fouls from those faceup moves. He's able to so easily get opposing centers in foul trouble. It changed the complexion of the game getting both DJ and Reed to 4 fouls in the early 3rd.

4 - The announcers were talking about it that at times when we have TJ, Simmons, and TLC out there with Embiid we lack outside shooting. So they play Embiid out there some because he can hit some 3's, opposing centers have to respect that, and it creates a wide open lane for those cutters and drivers to get to the rim.

So there is basketball and non-basketball reasons as to why Embiid is playing the way he is early on here, and I suspect that once we hit mid-December/early-January things will start to shape into what he should be doing. By that point Fultz will hopefully be back, Bayless will hopefully be back, and Embiid and Simmons will be surrounded by shooters again.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Love sucks on defense to the point that he needs to be traded soon, that or wait and package him with BKN's pick around the deadline. Absolute must for the Cavs going forward.

Crowder is proving to be just simply a product of Brad Stevens system and not much else.
    I do not think they are utilizing K Love properly. But you are right about him possibly being trade bait imo.

For Crowder, I am not suprised. He was vastly overrated by many who didn't watch him play the past couple of years. People mixed up great contract vs great player. He's a nice role player that can hit the 3. His defense though has definitely gone down hill though and not sure he can replicate his career year of 40% from 3 like last year again.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    I do not think they are utilizing K Love properly. But you are right about him possibly being trade bait imo.

For Crowder, I am not suprised. He was vastly overrated by many who didn't watch him play the past couple of years. People mixed up great contract vs great player. He's a nice role player that can hit the 3. His defense though has definitely gone down hill though and not sure he can replicate his career year of 40% from 3 like last year again.
    For KLove, no ****. They're playing him at center. If he had a defensive minded center behind him KLove would be a stud. No question that the year Thompson was playing great defense was the year KLove played great.

Crowder....I don't think he's as bad as he's been looking and it's the same thing I said about RoCo the last few years: at the moment he's miscast. He's being counted on as the Cav's 3rd best player. That's not good for him. When IT is back, and the pecking order goes Bron-IT-Love-JR-Crowder, I suspect his efficiency will improve.

And I don't remember if it was you or other C's fans....but man I got ripped this offseason for saying RoCo is better. He clearly is at this point.

PROCESSING

Definitely not me lol. Not a huge Crowder guy, at least over the last 1.5 years. I like RoCo but not sure what his next contract will look like.
    Some details are already out there:

4 year extension, he's gonna get a raise from $1mil to $15mil this year (remainder of out cap). The prevailing thought is the pay raise of $14mil is going to offset what the AAV would be and he's going to get $12mil/year in the 4 years added on.

IIRC it can become official Thursday.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    For KLove, no ****. They're playing him at center. If he had a defensive minded center behind him KLove would be a stud. No question that the year Thompson was playing great defense was the year KLove played great.

Crowder....I don't think he's as bad as he's been looking and it's the same thing I said about RoCo the last few years: at the moment he's miscast. He's being counted on as the Cav's 3rd best player. That's not good for him. When IT is back, and the pecking order goes Bron-IT-Love-JR-Crowder, I suspect his efficiency will improve.

And I don't remember if it was you or other C's fans....but man I got ripped this offseason for saying RoCo is better. He clearly is at this point.
    Definitely not me lol. Not a huge Crowder guy, at least over the last 1.5 years. I like RoCo but not sure what his next contract will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Some details are already out there:

4 year extension, he's gonna get a raise from $1mil to $15mil this year (remainder of out cap). The prevailing thought is the pay raise of $14mil is going to offset what the AAV would be and he's going to get $12mil/year in the 4 years added on.

IIRC it can become official Thursday.
    That's actually a pretty solid deal. Good move by Philly.

That's actually a pretty solid deal. Good move by Philly.
    Definitely taking advantage of one of those strange loopholes in the CBA so we can pay him more overall, but have a smaller impact to the cap longer term.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Curry out due to a minor injury is weird. Besides the playoff MCL tear I haven't seen him sit a game due to something other than the very occasional rest in 3 or 4 years.
    Kerr is going to take advantage of every opportunity to give his guys a day off with the new rest rules. So far the only players he hasn't "rested" are Zaza, Green, and Thompson. Every other player on the roster has had at least 1 game off. I think Draymond's knee is aching as we speak
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Heh, if you're devaluing IT's impact even with potentially 5 months of integration yet believe that Hayward returning for 20'ish minutes in the playoffs (despite having never played even a quarter for the C's) just returning from a gruesome injury would push them into "it's a wrap", I think you're just being hopeful.

We'll see. I think talent eclipses everything come playoffs, and relying on the Tatums and Browns would not be good. A 7 game series shows all the kinks that a 14 game sample doesn't. Boston is not a 68-win team (or whatever they're on pace for right now).

I do think a fully healthy Boston team with a year's worth of Hayward is SCARY and could make the finals. I just think the injury cost them. But they're certainly close and should be there in a year or two.
    I don't think anybody who knows what they are talking about are betting against the Cavs making the finals yet, but it's reasonable to say it's looking as bad as it's looked for LeBron in a long time.

TT was playing pretty bad before he went out, maybe the time away will be what he needs to get his head right.

I'm looking forward to see what happens with IT and the changes to the officiating and calling travels and carrying this year.

With all that said, I think the Cavs/Celtics series will be interesting, and certainly the Celtics have a decent chance to win against even a fully healthy Cavs team. Long way to go.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Article mentioned Cavs have interest in Moose from Suns. Then the writer suggested injured Thompson for Moose. Doubt Cavs part with Thompson injured or not. I could see a Shumpert and Frye and some kinda late pick for Moose. Frye expiring. Shumpert had interests from Pelicans. Suns could reflip him easily.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Its because of either his stupidity or coaching and when i say it i get called a brown hater... His legs have been cut out from under him... His assits are up but he will be standing damn near on the 3point line... get the ball and either iso and take a bad shot or jump out and finese something and its moronic... I have complained about this all year... He is being used like a ****ing shooter and not using his size/touch/handle/ability inside and thus turnovers or bad moronic shots happen... He is fantastic tonight but yet he needs to be inside more/cut down on the 3s and dominate with his size like only he can and use his shot/touch when he exposes the inside early on... People are blaming conditioning... I think its stupid coaching

Tonight he is playing the perfect game and has been going inside like he should and getting contact LIKE HE SHOULD.
    True unicorns dominate with bad coaching. Case and point: Giannis. Embiid is no unicorn
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

Kidd is a horrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Article mentioned Cavs have interest in Moose from Suns. Then the writer suggested injured Thompson for Moose. Doubt Cavs part with Thompson injured or not. I could see a Shumpert and Frye and some kinda late pick for Moose. Frye expiring. Shumpert had interests from Pelicans. Suns could reflip him easily.
    The Cavs should do that if only just to get out of the Thompson contract.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast