Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    And you think this team has the ability to flip the switch? I sure don't. The C's are a legit top D at this point, and have offense to boot. You boys are missing Kyrie in a major way, and I'm not sure a severely injured IT is the answer. I'm betting against them making the Finals.
    They've been flipping the switch practically EVERY GAME. Have you not been paying attention? We're always down and turn up the defense in the 2nd half.

Obviously it's not good and I'm not saying the team is gonna run through the East. I can't even say we'd for sure make the finals. But that's completely different from saying "Boston would wreck/sweep the Cavs". Even Boston fans wouldn't go that far.

Boston is a really good team, but without Hayward and only having Kyrie (who missed their last game), their weaknesses are getting exploited in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Interesting that neither Love nor Crowder on the floor for that big run in the 4th quarter.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Love sucks on defense to the point that he needs to be traded soon, that or wait and package him with BKN's pick around the deadline. Absolute must for the Cavs going forward.

Crowder is proving to be just simply a product of Brad Stevens system and not much else.
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 11-13-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Are we sure the Cavs are a playoff team?
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The East is a little better for the first time in years. If they played the Celtics in a series starting tomorrow they would be easily swept. And IT won't help their NBA-worst defense, that much is obvious. Even without Hayward, I don't see this team putting it together. They're terribly constructed and LBJ is not enough. Losing Kyrie was massive, he's the one who will be leading his team to the Finals.
    They lost a 25 a night guy and a primary ball handler and thus replace him with nothing. Plus Bron has to be the only play maker and they arenít has good a shooting team, even when D Will sucked people respected his J. They will add a guy that scored 29 a night last year. They will always suck on D bc Bron is there only big but thatís no different then last year

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yes

That was a jab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    They've been flipping the switch practically EVERY GAME. Have you not been paying attention? We're always down and turn up the defense in the 2nd half.

Obviously it's not good and I'm not saying the team is gonna run through the East. I can't even say we'd for sure make the finals. But that's completely different from saying "Boston would wreck/sweep the Cavs". Even Boston fans wouldn't go that far.

Boston is a really good team, but without Hayward and only having Kyrie (who missed their last game), their weaknesses are getting exploited in the playoffs.
    I've seen 6 or 7 of their games in full now. I don't think this is a team capable of a top-5 offense with ball-stoppers like Rose and Wade who will be logging significant minutes and are not very good off-ball, and they are just not capable of anything more than middling defense. Boston is a legit top D right now, and their offense is extremely well rounded. Toss in the fact that Stevens makes Lue look like an elementary school coach, and I just like Boston in that matchup all day. I liked/called Boston preseason with Hayward already, but even still, I'm taking them. The Cavs are getting their help far too late (IT will be so hard to integrate mid-season to a level that will challenge contenders), and he only worsens their D. They're in trouble dude. This is not like years past.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They lost a 25 a night guy and a primary ball handler and thus replace him with nothing. Plus Bron has to be the only play maker and they arenít has good a shooting team, even when D Will sucked people respected his J. They will add a guy that scored 29 a night last year. They will always suck on D bc Bron is there only big but thatís no different then last year

I will be shocked if IT is in his form from last season. If so, fantastic, they solve a scoring issue. But that takes time to integrate, and again, it only makes their D worse.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    KP can't do anything with LeBron guarding him. Not surprised, Anthony Tolliver shut him down earlier in the year.
    Your a hater. He had a rough game all night. Iíll put this one on KP but...

Boston would not beat the Cavs lol. Let's not forget they were smacking the Celtics opening night until they let off the gas.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Curry out due to a minor injury is weird. Besides the playoff MCL tear I haven't seen him sit a game due to something other than the very occasional rest in 3 or 4 years.

RoCo just hit a shot from Anaheim [emoji23]

PROCESSING

That was a jab.

I've seen 6 or 7 of their games in full now. I don't think this is a team capable of a top-5 offense with ball-stoppers like Rose and Wade who will be logging significant minutes and are not very good off-ball, and they are just not capable of anything more than middling defense. Boston is a legit top D right now, and their offense is extremely well rounded. Toss in the fact that Stevens makes Lue look like an elementary school coach, and I just like Boston in that matchup all day. I liked/called Boston preseason with Hayward already, but even still, I'm taking them. The Cavs are getting their help far too late (IT will be so hard to integrate mid-season to a level that will challenge contenders), and he only worsens their D. They're in trouble dude. This is not like years past.

I will be shocked if IT is in his form from last season. If so, fantastic, they solve a scoring issue. But that takes time to integrate, and again, it only makes their D worse.
    You also made sweeping statements about the Cavs in the East last year. I think you have a tendency to overreact.

You realize a couple games can negatively affect how elite their defense is and how "well-rounded" their offense is, right? When is the last time a "well-rounded" offense made the finals? How many times has it happened since 2000? Think about that. And you're basing all of this off a 14 game sample??

Also, I think you severely underestimate the kind of impact IT would have and how quickly he could be integrated (especially since he has recovered well and could be back mid December). Could be 5 entire months to get him acclimated (Jan-May) before they face the Celtics in the 2nd or 3rd round. This isn't a "merging a buncha of superstars" kinda thing either - it's establishing an influx of talent where it's sorely needed.

I could list a bunch of ways IT will help this team but it probably won't convince you. However, if you think that Kyrie, Brad, and a bunch of toddlers is gonna dominate LeBron + Love + IT in the playoffs you're sadly mistaken.

OK i know my knicks lost b/c our best lineup cant defend the 3, KP didn't hit shots/free throws, LeBron can really pass, and Kover can really shoot. That said at what age do they start calling that LeBron James spin a carry? I say 12.

Liking the Sixers +money ML against the Clippers tonight.
    I put a little on the Cavs when they were a +700 heading into the 4th. I know James has had some big games in MSG..Korver getting hot sure helped

Curry out due to a minor injury is weird. Besides the playoff MCL tear I haven't seen him sit a game due to something other than the very occasional rest in 3 or 4 years.
    He's just resting. They gotta call it an injury now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    You also made sweeping statements about the Cavs in the East last year. I think you have a tendency to overreact.

You realize a couple games can negatively affect how elite their defense is and how "well-rounded" their offense is, right? When is the last time a "well-rounded" offense made the finals? How many times has it happened since 2000? Think about that. And you're basing all of this off a 14 game sample??

Also, I think you severely underestimate the kind of impact IT would have and how quickly he could be integrated (especially since he has recovered well and could be back mid December). Could be 5 entire months to get him acclimated (Jan-May) before they face the Celtics in the 2nd or 3rd round. This isn't a "merging a buncha of superstars" kinda thing either - it's establishing an influx of talent where it's sorely needed.

I could list a bunch of ways IT will help this team but it probably won't convince you. However, if you think that Kyrie, Brad, and a bunch of toddlers is gonna dominate LeBron + Love + IT in the playoffs you're sadly mistaken.
    Last year was admittedly wishful thinking and as I've said I ate that L. This year, they are simply a far worse team. I have never seen a Lebron led team look this bad in at least 8 years. And the Celtics are better than any team they have faced in the past half decade in the East. Irving is a playoff beast offensively, and Tatum as a rookie is absolutely for real (on both ends). Add in an improved Brown (better than Crowder on both ends already), and they're simply better. If they get Hayward back by the time the playoffs start and can get him 20+ minutes off the bench, it's a wrap imo.

I also think you are severely underestimating how severe IT's injury is, and what impact he will be able to bring. Also, adding in an extremely high-usage player who has never played with the Cavs mid-season is no small task. That **** takes all season to work out the kinks. Barring another catastrophic injury, I truly do not think the Cavs will make the Finals (though by that time they should be good enough to take a couple games off of Boston).

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast