Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This team is pretty funny to watch. I mean, they are soooo bad, its hard to look away. Cutler had those Cutelr-esque throws last night, and Thomas just looks so damn slow and bad at TE. The move made sense before training camp, but just looks dumb now.

I firmly believe that we are going to draft OL in the 1st rd, and I am hoping a QB in the 2nd, if not more OL. The defense is not horrible, but our LBers are still slow. TJ, RJ, Tank and Howard are decent pieces to have in the secondary, and our DL is really good imo. So I am thinking we're going OL, QB, TE, LB, CB in the draft, and making small signings in FA.

I believe they should cut J James, Thomas and Timmons, saving over $21M . . . which should push us up to around $28M for next year. Enough to resign Landry and Hayes if we wanted to, maybe Fasano, as well as add depth. Stephone Anthony can take Timmons spot, and MacMillan comes back to take over MLB.

R1 - RT/OL
    R2 - QB
    R3 - RB
    R4 - TE/LB
    R4 - LB/OL
    R6 - WR
    R7 - DL

Bottom line is there are moves we can make to be alot better next year. I wouldn't be shocked to see a potential trade of Wake to a contender in the off-season for a 4th rd pick, and I don't think Landry is a lock to be resigned, although I believe every attempt should be made to do so.

http://https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins

2018 Cap
    $16.453 mil in cap space as of now.

Cut
    Ja'Wan James saves $9.3 mil $0 Dead Money
    Mike Pouncey saves $7 mil with $2 Dead Money - Not sure if I'd do it but he's definitely on the decline
    Julius Thomas saves $6.6 mil with $0 Dead Money

Gives us $37.353 mil with out a Tanny restructure. Sounds like Gase has a hard on for him so unfortunately he might be here long term.

Also, this is without approaching Suh about moving some money around to lower his cap. Suh isn't going anywhere but him jumping offside needs to chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    http://https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins

2018 Cap
    $16.453 mil in cap space as of now.

Cut
    Ja'Wan James saves $9.3 mil $0 Dead Money
    Mike Pouncey saves $7 mil with $2 Dead Money - Not sure if I'd do it but he's definitely on the decline
    Julius Thomas saves $6.6 mil with $0 Dead Money

Gives us $37.353 mil with out a Tanny restructure. Sounds like Gase has a hard on for him so unfortunately he might be here long term.

Also, this is without approaching Suh about moving some money around to lower his cap. Suh isn't going anywhere but him jumping offside needs to chill out.
    If these figures are accurate, then we should be in a very nice position next year. I'm not sure I'd release Pouncey, but I would approach him for a restructure at the very least. He is still one of the best centers in the game, but not worth the money he is currently getting.

I am still a big Tannehill supporter and I want him to be our starting QB next year, but I also know we need new blood behind him to groom, and I believe this QB class would be a really nice class to get involved in.

I think we'll be in a draft position to take OT Orlando Brown, which would be an amazing get. Him and Tunsil as our bookends would be dynamite!

I don't understand what Gase was doing. He spent the whole first half trying not to lose the game, then when he should of played don't lose the game with a QB that was having a horrible first half he tries to go 45 yards in 50 seconds. We should of went into the half down 10-7 and readjusted. He should of ran a safe play and not throw the ball into a area with 3 defenders. I am working my way off the Gase bandwagon.

Kiko Alonso has to go. I am not saying anything that anyone else hasn't already said. He cant be on this team next season.

Jay Cutlers deep ball was horrible last night. I am starting to see why he throws 3 yard passes. We might as well put Matt Moore in there or hell even David Falles or whatever his name is. We have seen enough games of Jay Cutler too see he is not going to put points on the board.

In the NFL teams can turn it around a lot quicker. Look at the Rams. If Gase loses out I wouldn't be surprised he gets fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I don't understand what Gase was doing. He spent the whole first half trying not to lose the game, then when he should of played don't lose the game with a QB that was having a horrible first half he tries to go 45 yards in 50 seconds. We should of went into the half down 10-7 and readjusted. He should of ran a safe play and not throw the ball into a area with 3 defenders. I am working my way off the Gase bandwagon.

Kiko Alonso has to go. I am not saying anything that anyone else hasn't already said. He cant be on this team next season.

Jay Cutlers deep ball was horrible last night. I am starting to see why he throws 3 yard passes. We might as well put Matt Moore in there or hell even David Falles or whatever his name is. We have seen enough games of Jay Cutler too see he is not going to put points on the board.

In the NFL teams can turn it around a lot quicker. Look at the Rams. If Gase loses out I wouldn't be surprised he gets fired.
    I personally like Gase a lot still. I think is really is one of the brighter young minds in the NFL. And he doesn't dance around issues . . . he speaks his mind about his players and coaches, and thats what I like. His personnel this year is worse than last year, and yet he is still 4-5.

I do believe that Gase needs to heed some play-calling duties to his OC. That would be my one big caveat right now.

But I like his demeanor, his attitude and the brass-ball style of demanding the best from his players.

Cutler was not a great decision, but you have to dance with the girl you brought to the party . . . so Gase is married to Cutler this year.

This season was a wash the moment Tanny went down... These are the other teams that have had their starting QB go down this season.

- Texans (0-2)
    - Packers (1-3)
    - Cardinals (1-2)
    - Dolphins (4-5)

Perspective being here that at least our roster is competitive to the point that we are .500 team bordering meaning we probably win 2-3 more games this season.

That puts us in a good position to draft a OL (I hope they stay away from ND's lineman after that showing against the U).

They need two early round OL that can make an impact immediately, I have no idea why Asiata is not playing but the team has said they want a redshirt year for him. Maybe that is because Bushrod is "teaching" Asiata and he will be gone after this season.

Next I need to restructure Tanny and Suh, I am restructuring Julius Thomas to bring down the cap hits, I wouldn't out right cut Julius Thomas b/c he is a body and the team needs depth. Same goes for Lawrence Timmons, his deal is fine.

Kiko is somebody I would take a long look at, b/c he is either injured right now or he has regressed to the mean, or simply he needs to play MLB and not WLB.

Jawuan James is also another player that intrigues me as to how the team approaches. He doesn't deserve $9.3 million next year but also can't cut a serviceable body and create another need. If he can sign a 2 year $5-7 million that would be ideal, b/c he isn't a great run blocker but he isn't bad pass blocking

Landry is also a big "what do we do" can we really afford to pay a slot WR $14 million? But can't just let him walk away for nothing (I know that we get a comp pick but still). Would he be willing to go down to $10-$12 million rather than the $14 that is being rumored. I would hate to see him go b/c he is a factor emotionally.

Defense needs to be addressed with the LB spot, can't rely on Anthony replacing Timmons.

Also I have seen mentioned trading Wake and I would be all for it, guy deserves to be on a contender like Seattle or Dallas. Would be nice to get a pick for him 3rd to 4th round.

Cut: Lawrence Timmons
    Trade: Tannehill + DVP
    Restructure: Suh
    Extend: Cam Wake + Julius Thomas
    Wait until 2019 to decide: Ja'Wuan James
    Resign: Matt Moore, Michael Thomas, Terrence Fede, Damien Williams, Anthony Fasano all cheap
    Pay The Man: Jarvis Landry

Free Agency:
    1. Jimmy Graham to team up with Julius Thomas
    2. Frank Gore
    3. 1 expensive OL stud

NFL Draft:
    Round 1: Derwin James and Lamar Jackson (Tannehill traded)
    Round 2: Auden Tate WR and Will Hernandez OG (DVP traded )
    Round 3: Josey Jewell LB
    Round 4: Daylon Mack DT + Skai Moore LB
    Round 5: Mark Walton RB
    Round 6-7: DE

Notes
    1. If we don't trade Suh and only trade Tannehill then Suh and Mack would make a sick combo at DT
    2. Tate is a better version of DVP and would start opposite Stills day 1
    3. goal is to get Lamar Jackson and Derwin James. 1 game changer player on both sides of the ball
    4. Tannehill's ceiling is Alex Smith. give me Lamar over that who can start day 1
    5. Jewell would backup Kiko. smarter + more physical but with the same flaws
    6. Hernandez is a day 1 starter at LG
    7. James would be our nickel CB day 1
    8. Skai Moore is a coverage LB that can cover TEs. him and Derwin upgrades pass D underneath dramatically
    9. Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas would give us the best TE core
    10. Frank Gore is just for a veteran presence in the RB core. Walton, Williams, Drake is a capable trio
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-14-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Cut: Lawrence Timmons
    Trade: Tannehill + DVP
    Restructure: Suh
    Extend: Cam Wake + Julius Thomas
    Wait until 2019 to decide: Ja'Wuan James
    Resign: Matt Moore, Michael Thomas, Terrence Fede, Damien Williams, Anthony Fasano all cheap
    Pay The Man: Jarvis Landry

Free Agency:
    1. Jimmy Graham to team up with Julius Thomas
    2. Frank Gore
    3. 1 expensive OL stud

NFL Draft:
    Round 1: Derwin James and Lamar Jackson (Tannehill traded)
    Round 2: Auden Tate WR and Will Hernandez OG (DVP traded )
    Round 3: Josey Jewell LB
    Round 4: Daylon Mack DT + Skai Moore LB
    Round 5: Mark Walton RB
    Round 6-7: DE

Notes
    1. If we don't trade Suh and only trade Tannehill then Suh and Mack would make a sick combo at DT
    2. Tate is a better version of DVP and would start opposite Stills day 1
    3. goal is to get Lamar Jackson and Derwin James. 1 game changer player on both sides of the ball
    4. Tannehill's ceiling is Alex Smith. give me Lamar over that who can start day 1
    5. Jewell would backup Kiko. smarter + more physical but with the same flaws
    6. Hernandez is a day 1 starter at LG
    7. James would be our nickel CB day 1
    8. Skai Moore is a coverage LB that can cover TEs. him and Derwin upgrades pass D underneath dramatically
    9. Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas would give us the best TE core
    10. Frank Gore is just for a veteran presence in the RB core. Walton, Williams, Drake is a capable trio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12