Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Mahty B and the Pack

Quick Synopsis:

Bennett Consults GB team doctor about severity of shoulder injury. Doesn't feel "comfortable" with Packers Dr. McKenzie and seeks other medical opinions and opts for season ending shoulder surgery.

Bennett publicly makes it known that he intends to retire after the season.

Packers release Bennett with "failure to disclose injury" designation with intent of seeking to recoup part or all of Bennett's signing bonus.

Claimed by Patriots

Bennett goes on twitter rant about Packers team doctor and team knowledge of existing shoulder injury prior to signing him

Multiple players for GB players come out in defense of Dr. McKenzie, specifically Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson.

Bennett plays on Sunday night and says after the game that he had to be "talked into playing" by BB. Bennett also says playing with shoulder injury was all about "motivation".

Who you got in all this? Do you see GB getting any or all of his signing bonus back?
    2015/2017 Superbowl Champs

I can easily see GB getting the money back, especially the more that he plays.

PROCESSING

Only way I can see the Packers getting money back is if he really failed to disclose. If he just wanted surgery they didn't think was necessary not sure they have any claim. It's not like he made up the injury, he just wanted surgery when they thought it wasn't necessary.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Only way I can see the Packers getting money back is if he really failed to disclose. If he just wanted surgery they didn't think was necessary not sure they have any claim. It's not like he made up the injury, he just wanted surgery when they thought it wasn't necessary.
    Where the Packers have great claim to it is Bennett's own fault though. He said playing through it is a matter of motivation.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Where the Packers have great claim to it is Bennett's own fault though. He said playing through it is a matter of motivation.
    Isn't it always a player's individual choice to have surgery or not? We can call out the guy's integrity for wanting to grind it out for NE but not GB but I don't think there's anything GB can make a claim on there. His treatment is his own decision.

Isn't it always a player's individual choice to have surgery or not? We can call out the guy's integrity for wanting to grind it out for NE but not GB but I don't think there's anything GB can make a claim on there. His treatment is his own decision.
    That's 100% the claim. LOL. He chose to want the surgery in GB; didn't want it in NE. GB could easily claim the only reason he wanted the surgery was to go on IR and keep the money, and that because he was ok to play without it that he duped them.

I mean....NE isn't doing anything wrong here. I'm not blaming the Pats. It was a smart play. But GB has a legit case here that the circumstances played a part in his claimed availability. Bennett was stupid for saying it was a matter of motivation. He was stupid for that post he made calling out the doctors.

All he should have said was "I have a shoulder injury. GB and I had differing opinions, and the decision was made to part ways."

Leave it at that.

Seems as though the Bennett Boys have a case of making things worse on themselves than it needs to be.

PROCESSING

That's 100% the claim. LOL. He chose to want the surgery in GB; didn't want it in NE. GB could easily claim the only reason he wanted the surgery was to go on IR and keep the money, and that because he was ok to play without it that he duped them.

I mean....NE isn't doing anything wrong here. I'm not blaming the Pats. It was a smart play. But GB has a legit case here that the circumstances played a part in his claimed availability. Bennett was stupid for saying it was a matter of motivation. He was stupid for that post he made calling out the doctors.

All he should have said was "I have a shoulder injury. GB and I had differing opinions, and the decision was made to part ways."

Leave it at that.

Seems as though the Bennett Boys have a case of making things worse on themselves than it needs to be.
    Bennett is acting dump and this calls his integrity into question. No argument from me there.

I just don't there's anything "wrong" here. Like even if you argue circumstance affected his desire to play - it clearly did - I don't think he's in the wrong. It's his own personal choice to have surgery or not, regardless if GB doctors recommend it or not. I don't know that his motivation for wanting or not wanting it matters.

We'll see though. It will be an interesting case.

He's 100% in the wrong. The reason good players on bad teams don't do this is they know the teams could go after the bonus money paid to them.

PROCESSING

He's a punk. He was trying to swindle money from GB and he got exposed. You can't trust him or his brother as far as you can throw them. They both live by the victim mentality.

He's 100% in the wrong. The reason good players on bad teams don't do this is they know the teams could go after the bonus money paid to them.
    Do what? Decide to have surgery on their injuries? It's not like he refused to report. He had an injury so he had the choice of surgery or playing through it. He said he wanted surgery. So they cut him saying it was pre-existing and that he never disclosed it (if that's true then they can definitely recoup money I'd think). Then he got claimed. talked to his new coach and decided he'd play through it.

If he didn't actually fail to disclose his pre-exisiting condition IDK how he did anything that allows GB to get money back. I'm not familiar with the rules but I always thought it was a player's right to opt in or out of surgery how he feels. I don't think a team can get money back for him choosing to have surgery when he's hurt. Even if he decides later to play for another team it's still his choice to have the surgery or not and take into consideration whatever he wants.

The only way I see them getting money back is if this injury he already had and then decided now he wanted surgery rather than play. But even then it'd be tough to argue against him saying the pain got worse during the season. I really just don't see how he did anything that they can get money back for.

The claim isn't that he could play with the injury though, it's that he failed to disclose it.

He wouldn't be in New England if the Packers had put him on IR.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-13-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The claim isn't that he could play with the injury though, it's that he failed to disclose it.

He wouldn't be in New England if the Packers had put him on IR.
    What I'm saying is GB's stake is going to be him saying that playing/not playing was a matter of motivation; as in he was in a stinky situation in GB so he didn't want to play, it required surgery; but NE who's in contention so he can play through it.

PROCESSING

The only way I see them getting money back is if this injury he already had and then decided now he wanted surgery rather than play. But even then it'd be tough to argue against him saying the pain got worse during the season. I really just don't see how he did anything that they can get money back for.
    That's kinda exactly what happened though. Read his Twitter post with pictures of notes. He said that GB signed him knowing about the shoulder, they ok-ed him, and he signed and agreed to play anyways, and wanted the surgery later.

PROCESSING

What I'm saying is GB's stake is going to be him saying that playing/not playing was a matter of motivation; as in he was in a stinky situation in GB so he didn't want to play, it required surgery; but NE who's in contention so he can play through it.
    But you can't use the fact that someone stole a bicycle to prove he set fire to a building.

But the point is that I donít think that matters as far as the money part. GB did him a little dirty too in saying that he failed to disclose an injury and with that they wanted to eat money back... it doesnít really appear Marty held anything back in that regard from the Packers.

Really where he is wrong here you are 100% right about. It appears he didnít want to play through injury, but now wants to deliver a big FU tour to GB so heís willing to play with it... Snake like move to get his way back to a good team, but doesnít justify the Packers getting money back... he didnít fail to disclose anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast