Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Week 11 IGT: Eagles AT DaLoLLoLas - Our Backups Are Better Than Your Backups Edition

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!

Where to watch?
    The NFL Rocks on NBC

What time?
    8:30 EST/7:30 CST/6:30 MST/5:30 PST

Who's Playing?

Where's the game?

PLAYERS TO WATCH

PLAYER YOU CAN'T WATCH BECAUSE HE CAN"T BE A GOOD HUMAN BEING

CARSON'S WORDS OF WISDOM

Click For More Stats

Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 11-16-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

A win and the division is just about theirs.
    I would like to see Ajayi and Blount in the backfield at the same time and shove it down their throats.

Darby and Ertz are back.
    Last edited by John S; 11-13-2017 at 03:53 PM.

**** the cowgirls!!!!

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    **** the cowgirls!!!!
    Yep.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

**** the cowgirls!!!!
    Yep.

**** the cowgirls!!!!
    Yep

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Yep

With Sean Lee looking to be out for this game....Ajayi and Blount should have a field day

Posted in the bye week thread:

I'm really confused by this.

With only 4 teams playing 10 or 8 games, it's a little clearer to see how the overall teams stack in defensive and offensive numbers.

Eagles are ranked #1 in rush def according to PFR with the least rush attempts against, tied for 2nd least TDs given up, tied for 3rd least y/a, best at yards given up and yards per game.

This makes sense.

Now, Eagles are the 24th ranked pass defense. They have given up the most completions but also have had the most attempts against (The 3 teams closest? the only 3 teams to play 10 games so far). They've given up 6 more completions than the next closest 9 game team, however, have had 23 more attempts against than the closest 9 game team. In saying that, they have the 13th best comp% allowed. So they have the most completions allowed and pass attempts allowed yet they are allowing the 13th best comp%. I'd say that's really freaking good. Most completions but allowing only the 9th most yards allowed also allowing the 11th best y/a and 11th best yards per completion. They also have the 10th best passrate against. 8th best in INT% and 13th best in TD%.

I'm really thinking PFR ranks heavily on completions and yards.

The Eagles are certainly a top 15 pass defense. They have the Eagles as the 12th total defense. I'd say the Eagles are easily a top 10.

Total Defense:
    Eagles allow the 11th best yards per play, 7th most TOs, give up the 8th least first downs, have given up the 11th fewest points. 7th best in drives ending in points, 7th best in TO%.

The Eagles have a really ****ing good overall team and a super underrated defense.
    Just checked it now, the Eagles have the 9th ranked total Defense (Carolina has played 10 games and are ranked 11th). Eagles still the 24th ranked pass defense. Still don't get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Posted in the bye week thread:

Just checked it now, the Eagles have the 9th ranked total Defense (Carolina has played 10 games and are ranked 11th). Eagles still the 24th ranked pass defense. Still don't get that.

Honestly, we let up a lot of points/yards in the pass game at the end of games due to being so far ahead and just trying to keep the play in front of us. Last game we let up a TD to the Broncos just because we were pretty much just sitting back in a deep cover zone for the end there. Also, we are a bend without breaking type team. We get in on the QB quick and force quick short yardage passes. We don't generally give up homerun passes, because our line is so good at getting in on the QB. We get our offense up and running quick and put teams in situations where they are stuck passing a lot by the second half. Teams also struggle running against us, so they pass more and more. We score often and quickly sometimes so teams get extra offensive possessions.

I think all of these contribute to our misleading pass defense rankings. We're better than our numbers really...

On another note, I think Ellerbe could actually be a solid pickup for our defense. A lot is not going to be asked of him and he is an upgrade from Walker IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    With Sean Lee looking to be out for this game....Ajayi and Blount should have a field day
    Is Sean lee officially out? That should mean a guaranteed loss according to cowboy fans

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Honestly, we let up a lot of points/yards in the pass game at the end of games due to being so far ahead and just trying to keep the play in front of us. Last game we let up a TD to the Broncos just because we were pretty much just sitting back in a deep cover zone for the end there. Also, we are a bend without breaking type team. We get in on the QB quick and force quick short yardage passes. We don't generally give up homerun passes, because our line is so good at getting in on the QB. We get our offense up and running quick and put teams in situations where they are stuck passing a lot by the second half. Teams also struggle running against us, so they pass more and more. We score often and quickly sometimes so teams get extra offensive possessions.

I think all of these contribute to our misleading pass defense rankings. We're better than our numbers really...
    True.. The broncos got 14 garbage point after the starters were pulled. That's not the first time this year that the opposition got garbage points that count against the eagles team defense stats

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Is Sean lee officially out? That should mean a guaranteed loss according to cowboy fans

I believe so - along with Tyron Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post

I get that but still the Eagles TD% allowed is the 13th best in the NFL. They've let up the 15th least amount of Pass TDs. They are 7th overall in drives ending in points.

It's not even that "we're better than our numbers" because the numbers are actually showing they are really freaking good. The Eagles are top 15 (the good way) in comp% allowed, td% allowed, int% for, y/a allowed, y/c allowed, rate against,. They are 1st in attempts against, 9th in yards against, 16th in TDs allowed.

I just can't see how they are top 15 in basically every positive statistic in passing yet are the 24th ranked pass defense. They've allowed 84 points in the air. 9 teams ranked ahead of the Eagles have allowed the same or more points through the air. The Broncos have allowed 19 air TDs and are still the 7th best pass defense.

Broncos have allowed 61.9 comp%, 6.6 TD%, 1.7 IN T%, 6.8 Y/A, 11.0 Y/C, 96.8 rate, 20 sacks, 6.5 sack% in 286 attempts.
    Eagles have allowed 61.4 comp%, 3.9 TD%, 3.0 INT%, 6.6 Y/A, 10.8 Y/C, 81.2 rate, 25 sacks, 6.4 sack% in 363 attempts.

Broncos allowed 177 completions, 1836 yards, and 204.0 y/g
    Eagles allowed 223 completions, 2245 yards, and 249.4 y/g

It's clear what they weight heavier to have the Broncos defense ranked 17 spots higher than the Eagles.

Eagles, by the numbers, have arguably a top 10-15 pass defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast