Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Democrats use whataboutism too, but but its not nearly as bad as what I've seen from Republicans with the brutal combination of the Clinton's and Fake News.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is an odd defense too considering for years conservatives have said the Clinton's were essentially satan. So how does the argument go?

"The Clinton's are terrible"

*looks at what a republican did*

"Well the Clinton's did the same thing"

Wouldn't that still make the Republican your defending terrible?
    Yes, but if you can deflect and change the conversation, you never have to deal with your own failures. And that's the difference to me between right and left. Left seems to acknowledge their own faults and works forward. Right is in pure denial or deflection mode, and any admission of faults is weakness so it can't be true.

We see it over and over....someone on the right says "look how bad Hillary is" and people on the left say "yes she is, but...". Someone on the left says "look how bad Trump is" and the people on the right respond with "what about when Obama..." which creates an uneven playing field. Because false equivalences usually follow.

I'm pretty liberal and happy to talk about the flaws of the left. The right seems to think they're infallible and I find it to be of no coincidence that its the same side of blind defense of religion and patriotism.*

*had a few beers at lunch so my comments may be more aggressive than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    as far as the techniques. I do think Trump has a point about journalism in this country and I think his rhetoric (that's what it is) about it has lead more people to examine what they are being told
    The only problem is, he's full of crap. His only point about journalism is that any sort of negative reporting about him is fake news. How people can't see right threw him is beyond me.

Trump doesn't care at all about the accuracy and integrity of journalism in the US. He only cares about journalism in the US 100% supporting/praising him and anything negative about him must be discredited at all costs.

With all that being said, this issue of trusting the media absolutely did not start with Trump. Obama brought this up in his final year in office mentioning that one of the most difficult things facing out nation is to establish the truth behind real news vs fake news that is sweeping through our media. What Trump has done is use this issue to his advantage as a never ending spin machine to get him out of any and all political jams.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is an odd defense too considering for years conservatives have said the Clinton's were essentially satan. So how does the argument go?

"The Clinton's are terrible"

*looks at what a republican did*

"Well the Clinton's did the same thing"

Wouldn't that still make the Republican your defending terrible?
    No... the Clinton's did it first and they did it worst. I think that's what they're going for.

I think what they are also going for is to simply deflect the bad press in hopes that their viewers won't think about that and as soon as they mention the Clinton's, all their viewers will care only about is what the Clinton's did. They really don't need logic to complete this deflection because the vast majority of their viewers are so blind from their partisanship that all they need to hear is the name Clinton to get all riled up. Even though of course, neither Bill nor Hillary currently have any role in our government and can't be fired or impeached... but that logic means nothing of course.

I mean we are talking about people who are going to vote for a known pedophile over a Democrat. Now let's sit here and wait for Special or someone else to respond to this by mentioning Bill Clinton. Or an even better one... it's fake news and a democratic conspiracy to try to steal a senate seat. Meanwhile the mall of his hometown banned him back in the late 70's due to his creepy behavior toward teenage girls. I guess they're in on the conspiracy too and it all started over 30 years ago because democrats knew that one day Roy Moore would run for a Senate seat in Alabama and this will be their plan to steal that seat.

Think about how laughable that conspiracy is.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-14-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    Marmolololololol

Just stop it with the Clinton’s already!!!!!!!! Lol

As long as she continues to spew her garbage and try to create a political divide you will keep hearing about the Clinton’s. I know....I know.....she’s still the most popular figurehead in the Democratic Party so nut up or shut up if you’re crying over Trump.

Is Hillary even still making regular public statements? I don't see anyone talking about new things she has done. They are happy to talk about things from years ago but nothing since she lost except for coming out of the woods and writing a book (which if you have a problem with politicians writing books, then have I got news for you).

Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

R's love spending tax payers money.

When did they last prove anything against Hillary? Seems that R's are intimidated by a tough women, like Moore they like them young and pliant. So we're going to see a donation from Russia to fund controlled by the Clintons?

OH NO!

I mean, Trump has many of business loans including ones suspected of laundering from Russia. He colluded with Don Jr to publicize wikileakes dumps, and then claim the media was junk. In fact he used the term wikileakes 126 the last month of the campaign. His closest military pal the last 18 months of the campaign looks like he was talking about seizing a person and shipping him off to Turkey for $15M.

Trump spends time with dictators (most murderers) and trumpets how well he gets treated - human rights be damned.

Trump has directed that science be tossed into the trash to make way for more money being made by his rich friends.

He clearly molested women, but got by with bluster and a claim of his wife being "boy stuff". Funny, the boy was in his 50's. He claimed he was going to sue, what happened? Nothing.

Trump puts people into government that have no idea what they are doing - but they were contributors.

How bent and blind does one have to be to ignore all that and more and want to go after a women who doesn't control the government, and has generally been ignored - except as Trumps punching bag. Funny about frauds, they always need someone to belittle. Can't Trump and his policies just stand on their own? Oh yeah.....
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Is Hillary even still making public statements anymore? Lol
    Yeah, you’re too obsessed with Trump bud.

Since March she keeps resurfacing when she’s on the cusp of disappearing, but she’s doing Republicans a favor.
    You must’ve missed the rebellious graduation speech at Wesleyan college, then her book/excuse tour, then her book, and most recently her “I didn’t inherit nothing from the DNC” fiasco.

You can act all ignorant, but Trump isn’t the only buffoon in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Is Hillary even still making public statements anymore? Lol
    Yeah, you’re too obsessed with Trump bud.

Since March she keeps resurfacing when she’s on the cusp of disappearing, but she’s doing Republicans a favor.
    You must’ve missed the rebellious graduation speech at Wesleyan college, then her book/excuse tour, then her book, and most recently her “I didn’t inherit nothing from the DNC” fiasco.

You can act all ignorant, but Trump isn’t the only buffoon in 2017.
    the difference is most on the left actively disapproves of Clinton and just wants her to go away and recognized her flaws in the election, which is evidenced by poor enthusiasm and low turnout. The right actively encourages the flat out anti american sentiments that Trump espouses every day in the hopes that just one more person will praise him and inflate his ego.

How many Clinton supporters actually exist in this forum?

The Republicans bringing up Hillary Clinton every time bad press came out about a Republican would be like if Democrats kept bringing up Mitt Romney. Like if we *****ed about Romney any time bad press came out about a Democrat.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-15-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Marmolololololol

I don’t think their is any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yes, but if you can deflect and change the conversation, you never have to deal with your own failures. And that's the difference to me between right and left. Left seems to acknowledge their own faults and works forward. Right is in pure denial or deflection mode, and any admission of faults is weakness so it can't be true.

We see it over and over....someone on the right says "look how bad Hillary is" and people on the left say "yes she is, but...". Someone on the left says "look how bad Trump is" and the people on the right respond with "what about when Obama..." which creates an uneven playing field. Because false equivalences usually follow.

I'm pretty liberal and happy to talk about the flaws of the left. The right seems to think they're infallible and I find it to be of no coincidence that its the same side of blind defense of religion and patriotism.*

*had a few beers at lunch so my comments may be more aggressive than intended.
    Except it's only a blind defense of religion if it's Christianity. You don't see them defending the rights of people who worship Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Just stop it with the Clinton’s already!!!!!!!! Lol

As long as she continues to spew her garbage and try to create a political divide you will keep hearing about the Clinton’s. I know....I know.....she’s still the most popular figurehead in the Democratic Party so nut up or shut up if you’re crying over Trump.
    I'd say that Obama is the most popular figurehead in the Democratic Party.

Philosophers actually predicted that politicians are "performers" rather than "doers." So if we're going by that logic, Trump might be the greatest politician ever. Dude squeezed his way into presidency despite a lack of initial overall support. And it's funny people think politicians are so great but then are looked as good guys because Trump is president. Newsflash: The entire political system is corrupt. You might have a few good guys trying to make a difference but they're all filled with agendas that align with corruption in some fashion.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast