Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

Techniques used by politicians (trump in particular)

I'm curious.... This was a piece about trump and I will admit that I don't think the show is that funny.. But I do like the research they do. I will also admit that these techniques are not just used by Trump (but he definitely is king of the use if them). (For example I would have liked to see if they could have found whataboutism ion MSNBC..I bet they do 24 h news is STUPID)

Is there anyone who could defend the use of them.. especially from the president? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c0ehv2dmEo

The techniques are delegitimizing the media, Whataboutism and trolling. Is this reasonable for people in power to do?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

I defend trolling. Btw, the content related to Flips post seems to start at the 6 min mark.
    Last edited by ewing; 11-13-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I defend trolling. Btw, the content related to Flips post seems to start at the 6 min mark.
    Here is a video about whataboutis Russia... Because the Oliver one is down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnX_ibkICWk

https://www.npr.org/2017/03/17/52043...s-whataboutism

And an NPR article on Trump's use of it.

I don't get it... is this suppose to be some sort of unique strategy to divert and/or obfuscate from the facts of a situation?

Last time I checked this has been going on since the dawn of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I don't get it... is this suppose to be some sort of unique strategy to divert and/or obfuscate from the facts of a situation?

Last time I checked this has been going on since the dawn of time.
    On smaller scale, yes. I think this may be the first use of this strategy at this level though...
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I defend trolling.
    Shocking!

The link appears to have been taken down if it's the same that I'm watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZAPwfrtAFY
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, gives his take of what tools Trump used during the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLytHh8Za9g

Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, gives his take of what tools Trump used during the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLytHh8Za9g
    Can you defend the use of those tactics from a elected politician while governing? Should our president ignore facts and fail to give details to the people he serves?

Trump benefited because our electorate condones politics without morals. The worse you are, the better. Mind you, this wasn't always the case. Barrack Obama got elected twice, by much larger margins no less, and he was the very antithesis of Donald Trump. What changed was we had our first black President. That's not to say that everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, but a lot of white people are racially insensitive. Most white people believed race relations got worse under Obama because he didn't try to shut down the BLM movement. He spoke out about Treyvon Martin and other social issues. That made them uncomfortable and they felt he was taking sides against them.

It also didn't help that the Democrats were such a clearly corrupt party and hand picked their nominee. A nominee who is hated by many people no less. Conservatives hate her because they were told everything she ever did was terrible by Fox News, dating back to when she was FLOTUS. Independents hate her because she flip-flops on every issue, and progressives hate her because her politics actually lean to the center-right. She is a DINO (Democrat in Name Only). Having such a divisive candidate was the perfect opponent for Trump.

Lastly, Trump won because republican voters are so warped that their reality is whatever they want it to be. Trump really could pull a gun out and execute somebody and they would still support him. It doesn't matter what he says, it doesn't matter what he does, they support him. No matter what. The republican voters are so volatile that the establishment are more afraid of their own base than anything else. Having Russia help him and Don Jr coordinating with WikiLeaks was just icing on the cake. That's how he won.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Trump benefited because our electorate condones politics without morals. The worse you are, the better. Mind you, this wasn't always the case. Barrack Obama got elected twice, by much larger margins no less, and he was the very antithesis of Donald Trump. What changed was we had our first black President. That's not to say that everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, but a lot of white people are racially insensitive. Most white people believed race relations got worse under Obama because he didn't try to shut down the BLM movement. He spoke out about Treyvon Martin and other social issues. That made them uncomfortable and they felt he was taking sides against them.

It also didn't help that the Democrats were such a clearly corrupt party and hand picked their nominee. A nominee who is hated by many people no less. Conservatives hate her because they were told everything she ever did was terrible by Fox News, dating back to when she was FLOTUS. Independents hate her because she flip-flops on every issue, and progressives hate her because her politics actually lean to the center-right. She is a DINO (Democrat in Name Only). Having such a divisive candidate was the perfect opponent for Trump.

Lastly, Trump won because republican voters are so warped that their reality is whatever they want it to be. Trump really could pull a gun out and execute somebody and they would still support him. It doesn't matter what he says, it doesn't matter what he does, they support him. No matter what. The republican voters are so volatile that the establishment are more afraid of their own base than anything else. Having Russia help him and Don Jr coordinating with WikiLeaks was just icing on the cake. That's how he won.
    This is the dumbest thing Iíve read in awhile

Thereís towns that voted Obama twice and then went Trump

If these states were so racist why the hell would they elect Obama twice? This has NOTHING to do with race. Trump is president because Hillary was a ****** candidate and people didnít want another establishment candidate.

Hence why Bernie dominated Hillary in the primaries in MN/WI/IA/MI etc

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

If these states were so racist why the hell would they elect Obama twice? This has NOTHING to do with race. Trump is president because Hillary was a ****** candidate and people didnít want another establishment candidate.

Obviously you didn't read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Obviously you didn't read my post.
    I did and the first thing you posted was how white people were angry about a black guy being president even though WI/MI/PA/IA all went for Obama twice

These states are so racist that they elected a black president and voted for him again

Not many Obama voters went Trump. Most of the change dealt with Hillary not motivating Dems and progressives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did and the first thing you posted was how white people were angry about a black guy being president even though WI/MI/PA/IA all went for Obama twice

These states are so racist that they elected a black president and voted for him again
    Quote from my post

"Trump benefited because our electorate condones politics without morals. The worse you are, the better. Mind you, this wasn't always the case. Barrack Obama got elected twice, by much larger margins no less, and he was the very antithesis of Donald Trump. What changed was we had our first black President. That's not to say that everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, but a lot of white people are racially insensitive."

Insensitive isn't racist, although racists do predominately support the republicans, try again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast