Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Braves steal AA

Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    AA is easily the most likeable executive in Toronto for years. He has rapport with almost all players, GMs and fans across the board.

Current regime? The top dog pisses off most senior players in arbitration, contract renewal, bullpen/rotation roles, and fires everyone in the backend office at will but himself.
    He was one of the most likeable of all Gm's of all sports in canada...
    You want to know what fans have to put up with? take a moments to look at the Montreal Canadian Gm bergevin, he might be one of the most arrogant , dis-likable executives in Canada, and he is bad to boot.
    AA feels like a real fan , like many of us (the civilized ones) who became a gm....

Tulo trade and Martin signings are holding back the team. The Price trade didn`t work out as well in the postseason as the guy was a bust in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Tulo trade and Martin signings are holding back the team. The Price trade didn`t work out as well in the postseason as the guy was a bust in the playoffs.
    I don't mind the Martin signing TBH and it's over in 2 years. If he can stay healthy this year we get solid catching and 20 HR. Tulo is holding us back though. I've pretty much lost hope in the bat but hope he can bounce back on defence this season. If he hits .275 I'll be very happy.

On Price though. AA said he would've re-signed him. That would be holding us back big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Now. Now they are. i would make those trades/signings any day. those playoff runs were the most exciting baseball experience of my life thus far. Thanks AA!

Your hindsight vision is 20/20 though. Very impressive! thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't mind the Martin signing TBH and it's over in 2 years. If he can stay healthy this year we get solid catching and 20 HR. Tulo is holding us back though. I've pretty much lost hope in the bat but hope he can bounce back on defence this season. If he hits .275 I'll be very happy.

On Price though. AA said he would've re-signed him. That would be holding us back big time.
    Martin is still a good catcher and if he hit the market right now he would get an offer similar to the one he is currently on. the lowest i could see him signing for at this point is between 15-17 annually. Tulo would likely be getting offers around the 10 range, but if he hits .275-15hr with average SS defense then thats a very good SS in this league.

Also calling it now. Braves are the mystery team in on Darvish. We had the 2nd highest bid with AA as GM.

Also calling it now. Braves are the mystery team in on Darvish. We had the 2nd highest bid with AA as GM.
    Damn i want it to be us.

I feel like that notion was debunked within days of Texas winning the bid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I feel like that notion was debunked within days of Texas winning the bid

IIRC we were 40 something million while Texas was just above 50?

IIRC we were 40 something million while Texas was just above 50?
    I recall that as well, but I recall also finding out later that was not the case at all. The fact that you don't remember that makes me question myself but I swear i am not making this up.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I recall that as well, but I recall also finding out later that was not the case at all. The fact that you don't remember that makes me question myself but I swear i am not making this up.

I don't think you are. I just don't remember that and don't care enough to check haha.

I don't think you are. I just don't remember that and don't care enough to check haha.
    Yeah Alex came out after and said, something to the effect of "I'm not going to tell you if we made a bid but I'll tell you Matsuzaka got 51.1 million, so you are either going over that to make sure you win or your not even going to bother submitting a bid at all".

Read it as you will and don't quote me exactly, I'm going off memory from like 5 years ago but he very much implied the Jays didn't even make an offer at all. Guess we will never know now.

Still, didn't St.Louis outbid AA by like 1,000 bucks or something for Chapman? Too long ago likewise not checking it up, but surely St.Louis had inside knowledge of our early front office plans.

Btw, I sorely miss AA because he wiggled out of 2 albatross contracts V.Wells Reyes, traded for a MVP and 2 Cy Young winners, groomed a top 10 closer, 2 #2 starters, a once top 5 SS, locked down 2 premier power sluggers below market value, a top 10 catcher and a top 15 defensive CF all at once. The ninja is fast and furious compared to this Stupiro Napkins half-*** trash-talking duo who can't make up their minds and is blowing every ounce of excitement that once was under AA.

Seriously, the way AA fleeced other GMs every year, we would easily expect another AA wild coup by now and all we got is a burst out Smoak and these small deals that in reality is nothing compared to what Boston and NYY is adding and AA used to do.

This Stupiro Napkins way is way too slow and cumbersome for this day and age. I want AA back at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    Still, didn't St.Louis outbid AA by like 1,000 bucks or something for Chapman? Too long ago likewise not checking it up, but surely St.Louis had inside knowledge of our early front office plans.

Btw, I sorely miss AA because he wiggled out of 2 albatross contracts V.Wells Reyes, traded for a MVP and 2 Cy Young winners, groomed a top 10 closer, 2 #2 starters, a once top 5 SS, locked down 2 premier power sluggers below market value, a top 10 catcher and a top 15 defensive CF all at once. The ninja is fast and furious compared to this Stupiro Napkins half-*** trash-talking duo who can't make up their minds and is blowing every ounce of excitement that once was under AA.

Seriously, the way AA fleeced other GMs every year, we would easily expect another AA wild coup by now and all we got is a burst out Smoak and these small deals that in reality is nothing compared to what Boston and NYY is adding and AA used to do.

This Stupiro Napkins way is way too slow and cumbersome for this day and age. I want AA back at all costs.
    He's gone bro. he's better off where he is.

"steal"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast