Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Braves steal AA

I still have no problems with the Tulo trade

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I still have no problems with the Tulo trade
    Me too.

AA obviously viewed prospects as trade assets. I did not agree with rushing prospects but I saw AA's reasoning behind it. Moving prospects aggressively increases their trade value immensely as they are much closer to the bigs.

I still rather have the guy who swings for the fences like him unlike our current FO who always play it safe.

Is it really the better way to go though? Just looking at the WS winners from this decade, they all built through the draft and supplement from there. It just seems to be the way the game is going, have as much young controllable talent as possible.

With that being said, I was fine with the Tulo trade as well. It propelled us into the playoffs and reignited a spark in the fans of this team. But let's not pretend that AA was a prodigy, the guy had a sub .500 record before 2015 and fans were routinely calling for his head. I will give credit where it is due and he got us back into the playoffs but does 1/2 a year of greatness outweigh 4 and a 1/2 years of a below average product. Not for me.

As for the current regime, I'm happy with what they are doing. They seem to be at least (if not more) as involved in the IFA, they've expanded the FO and added the high performance dept. They seem to be adept at drafting which is key with the approach they are taking. I loved waking up and seeing the blockbusters that AA pulled off but I believe taking it slow is the better route.

I think AA's plan was to take it slowly but he stumbled on Bautista and encarnacion in their primes on decent contracts.

Yeah I remember when he came him in said he wanted to model the Jays after the Rays but with the ability to retain their top tier players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Yeah I remember when he came him in said he wanted to model the Jays after the Rays but with the ability to retain their top tier players.
    So you're saying he ... lied?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    So you're saying he ... lied?
    No I'm saying he.......changed his approach. Like Chong said he may have been handcuffed by the emergence of Bautista and EE

I liked half of AA's approach. I agreed with trading prospect for assets that were not rentals (Donaldson, Tulo, even Dickie despite me thinking it was a bad trade from the beginning). But I disagreed with giving up so many prospects for rentals when the same caliber player could have been signed as free agents during the off season (2015 Jays bullpen rebuild at the trade deadline, and even the Price deal). The Jays could have signed an ace pitcher before the season started and could have signed more reliable bullpen arms at the same time. If they were really in it to win it, that should have happened then. Compare the 2015 Jays to the 1992, 1993 Jays. Trades mid season were to fill small holes in 92, 93...not rebuild the roster mid season like in 2015. Although I'm not complaining about the result.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Back to Toronto for family reasons. Maybe an undisclosed illness or something life bothering...

Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    Back to Toronto for family reasons. Maybe an undisclosed illness or something life bothering...
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    ?
    Tinnish is staying put

Is it ok to say AA is an ahole or is it too soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

AA is easily the most likeable executive in Toronto for years. He has rapport with almost all players, GMs and fans across the board.

Current regime? The top dog pisses off most senior players in arbitration, contract renewal, bullpen/rotation roles, and fires everyone in the backend office at will but himself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast