Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braves steal AA

^ come on mike you can't honestly believe that can you. you think they are going to open up the vault because Anthopolous, owner of a .500 record over 5-6 seasons is now GM of the 72 win Braves.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

....as for AA.

Good for him. He took over a mess both in terms of roster and farm from the ultimate Con man in JP Ricciardi and was able to do what he did( We all know the histrionics of it all too well).

Absolutely he deserved another shot at being GM. He has turned down at least one position already and accepted this one because, quite frankly, it's a much better position than the one he inherited here.

I wish him the best, if we don't win, I hope he does.

Class act

i am interested to watch what Atlanta does from here on in, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Iím glad for AA. I really donít think he should do much yet just keep the youth movement flowing

I believe (and this hiring only cemented it) that the Braves are far closer to a championship than the Jays.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Why the name calling?

The FACT is they've made a lot of unpopular moves not just on the field but also off.

Steve Simmons? Seriously, sometimes it sounds like Mike Wilner also roams this pages.

I will say this and we are going totally OT here, this is thier off season. Let's talk when it's done to get the clearest picture of this so called direction these 2 geniuses have in store.
    It wasn't name calling. Steve Simmons blindly hates this FO, people around here blindly hate them too. I wasn't saying it about one poster in particular.

Absolutely this is their off season. I'm not happy with how things turned out this year either, but sometimes things just don't go your way. They've drafted pretty well. The FA signings have been 50/50. They deserve the time that every other FO gets to build a winner.

Also, AA is not the golden boy everyone remembers. For 5 years we did nothing. People were calling for his head for most of that season. Then a couple of trades later everyone forgets all of the **** before that.

I wonder how badly AA wants Vladdy Jr? If the Braves sell off then that's a scenario where I'd seriously think of dealing Vladdy Jr.

Braves Get: Vladdy Jr, Bo Bichette, Kevin Pillar, Kendrys Morales

Jays Get: Freddie Freeman, Ender Inciarte

CF Inciarte
    3B Dosh
    DH Freeman
    1B Smoak
    2B Travis
    LF ???
    SS Tulo
    C Martin
    RF Hernandez

Regardless of who we get in LF that's a pretty damn good lineup considering who's hitting where. I don't expect Travis to be healthy for long but the idea is that he'll be ready for opening day. As for my trade proposition, I have no idea what it would take to land both Freeman and Ender but I would be willing to deal both Vladdy and Bo for them. They're both signed of bargain deals until 2022. Acquiring them would open our window right back up.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I wonder how badly AA wants Vladdy Jr? If the Braves sell off then that's a scenario where I'd seriously think of dealing Vladdy Jr.

Braves Get: Vladdy Jr, Bo Bichette, Kevin Pillar, Kendrys Morales

Jays Get: Freddie Freeman, Ender Inciarte

CF Inciarte
    3B Dosh
    DH Freeman
    1B Smoak
    2B Travis
    LF ???
    SS Tulo
    C Martin
    RF Hernandez

Regardless of who we get in LF that's a pretty damn good lineup considering who's hitting where. I don't expect Travis to be healthy for long but the idea is that he'll be ready for opening day. As for my trade proposition, I have no idea what it would take to land both Freeman and Ender but I would be willing to deal both Vladdy and Bo for them. They're both signed of bargain deals until 2022. Acquiring them would open our window right back up.
    Would be great to get Freeman and Ender as both are studs but I'd loathe to give up Vlad and Bo considering what they might become. Yes I know might or might not but those two together I'm not willing to risk trading. Besides I don't think AA is selling anything they are on the way up and both those players are part of it.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It wasn't name calling. Steve Simmons blindly hates this FO, people around here blindly hate them too. I wasn't saying it about one poster in particular.

Absolutely this is their off season. I'm not happy with how things turned out this year either, but sometimes things just don't go your way. They've drafted pretty well. The FA signings have been 50/50. They deserve the time that every other FO gets to build a winner.

Also, AA is not the golden boy everyone remembers. For 5 years we did nothing. People were calling for his head for most of that season. Then a couple of trades later everyone forgets all of the **** before that.
    AA spent 5 years building a championship contender from scratch. Educated fans who were in touch with the Draft/farm were not calling for his head. I was calling for him to be named prez far before he made those trades.

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Would be great to get Freeman and Ender as both are studs but I'd loathe to give up Vlad and Bo considering what they might become. Yes I know might or might not but those two together I'm not willing to risk trading. Besides I don't think AA is selling anything they are on the way up and both those players are part of it.
    The way I see it is those two put us right back into WS contention but yeah, they probably won't sell. If they do though then I hope Shapkins go knocking on AA's door. Ender and Freeman have some great contracts with years of control.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    AA spent 5 years building a championship contender from scratch. Educated fans who were in touch with the Draft/farm were not calling for his head. I was calling for him to be named prez far before he made those trades.
    Yes, trading Roy Halladay for d'Arnaud, Michael Taylor and Kyle Drabek was "building a championship contender from scratch".

Or how about Mike Aviles and Yan Gomes for Esmil Rogers? Or Mike Napoli for Frank Francisco, who blew more than a Friday whore.

Then there's the dreadful Thor for Dickey trade that most people still loath.

I won't comment on the Miami trade, everyone loved it at the time, myself included, but it didn't exactly work out. Look, AA did a lot of good and I'm thankful for playoff baseball after 20 years but people ONLY remember the last year he was here and nothing more, it's like that playoff appearance and JD trade instantly eradicated 5 years of sucking.

Oh and for the record, I liked AA and wish he would have stayed but to say we sucked for 5 years because he was "building a championship contender", with 0 titles I might add, is just complete ********.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Yes, trading Roy Halladay for d'Arnaud, Michael Taylor and Kyle Drabek was "building a championship contender from scratch".

He was restricted by how many teams Halladay waived his NTC too of course. That completely changes everything. Sorry. He still got Travis out of it.

Or how about Mike Aviles and Yan Gomes for Esmil Rogers? Or Mike Napoli for Frank Francisco, who blew more than a Friday whore.

Yes, he was a dealer. I can also say Estrada for Lind worked out well. The Napoli trade was on the backend after he shedded one of the hardest contracts to move in MLB history.

Then there's the dreadful Thor for Dickey trade that most people still loath.
    But at the time, you could understand it. He was trading for the reigning Cy Young Winner after the Marlins deal. A pitcher to put us over the top. It was a calculated risk that didn't pan out. I'd much rather a GM who's willing to take risks and be aggressive to actually pursue a title. With high risk is a high reward. Those two ALCS teams easily could have won the world series.

I won't comment on the Miami trade, everyone loved it at the time, myself included, but it didn't exactly work out. Look, AA did a lot of good and I'm thankful for playoff baseball after 20 years but people ONLY remember the last year he was here and nothing more, it's like that playoff appearance and JD trade instantly eradicated 5 years of sucking.
    But the Miami trade did work out. Sure Josh Johnson didn't work out. But we gave the Marlins a stock pile of garbage. Compare the total WAR the Marlins got from that ****. Mark Buehrle alone outvalues the entire package the Marlins got. Next.

Oh and for the record, I liked AA and wish he would have stayed but to say we sucked for 5 years because he was "building a championship contender", with 0 titles I might add, is just complete ********.

Again, any of those two ALCS teams could have easily won a title. That team with Tulo and Price easily could have won a world series.
    See above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12