Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braves steal AA

Braves steal AA

FFS AA finally bolts for good as Brave's new GM.

Rogers had 2 years to see how Stupiro Napkins ruin this organization, and fails to act in time to persuade shrewed Ninja blockbuster dealer AA come home to right the ship.

Stupiro Napkins giftwrapped EE for Pearce/Morales and almost dealt Cleveland a championship while AA patiently watched Dodgers slipped away in game 7.

Sad very sad of losing AA for good

ATL is now my favourite NL team

Buddy at work told me Shapiro set out a plan to fire their entire maintenance department (approx 30 guys) and hire new guys under a different department name, for half the wages and zero benefits. people with families and 20 years of service out on the streets a day after thanksgiving weekend. Saves Rogers $2.5M for a team that made $250Mill this year.

Thats the business side Rogers hired the guy for. AA would never do that because, you know, hes a decent human being...

****ing pathetic. I hate this franchise.

Lol it was kinda obvious that Rogers wanted Shapiro partly to help save money.

If Shapiro said he can run the team like $x mil cheaper than AA with the same results, it's obvious they're going to pick him.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Buddy at work told me Shapiro set out a plan to fire their entire maintenance department (approx 30 guys) and hire new guys under a different department name, for half the wages and zero benefits. people with families and 20 years of service out on the streets a day after thanksgiving weekend. Saves Rogers $2.5M for a team that made $250Mill this year.

Thats the business side Rogers hired the guy for. AA would never do that because, you know, hes a decent human being...
    Wouldn't believe that one for a second
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I'll be watching the braves closely.

I'm curious to see if the Braves go for it or sell off. If they go for it then they have one of the best farms in the MLB at AA's disposal. If they sell off it's really only what, Freeman?

Haha I would need a credible source to believe that but that would be cold blooded by Shap.

Hopefully AA takes Donaldson and Sanchez for a boatload of some of those good Braves prospects. Then we can start this rebuild.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Haha I would need a credible source to believe that but that would be cold blooded by Shap.

Hopefully AA takes Donaldson and Sanchez for a boatload of some of those good Braves prospects. Then we can start this rebuild.
    I mean one of the guys was his best friend so i doubt he'd lie about it. Said they all got called in, told the news by their boss, and then 3 guys in suits handed them a package on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    FFS AA finally bolts for good as Brave's new GM.

Rogers had 2 years to see how Stupiro Napkins ruin this organization, and fails to act in time to persuade shrewed Ninja blockbuster dealer AA come home to right the ship.

Stupiro Napkins giftwrapped EE for Pearce/Morales and almost dealt Cleveland a championship while AA patiently watched Dodgers slipped away in game 7.

Sad very sad of losing AA for good
    Wow. Don't let facts get in the way. You know, how we offered EE more money and more years than anyone else and HE, yes HE choose to walk away. If you're still mad about this, be mad at Eddy, not the management here. It could have been handled differently, but that would have been bowing to the request of a player asking you to sit on your hands while he solicits offers from other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    ATL is now my favourite NL team
    Gonna be watching them closely and cringing when/if we make a deal with him.

Presidents almost always bring in their own guys. They have given everyone time to prove themselves to this point and if they aren't happy with how things are going, they have every right to make changes how they see fit. For all we know they have asked for something to be implemented in the maintenance department and they never did it and these are the repercussions. Or Rogers said you're spending too much money on maintenance, trim the budget. Or they hired a consultant to see where to save money and this was suggested to Rogers. Or Shapiro is a complete dick and fired them for no reason. Nobody knows, but so many are unwilling to give these new guys any benefit of the doubt. How about the stories about all the guys that still have jobs that they liked and kept, cause there are those too and we know they're still here (Lacava amongst many others).

I swear some people are just so hellbent on bashing everything Shapiro and Atkins do that they will not, can not see any of the good things they've done. Which have been many good things too. Is Steve Simmons in the Jays forum? lol. One thing that proves my point is the Eric Wedge hiring. People were adamant that he was to be the manager within a few months. The first stumble and Gibby is out and Wedge is in. Never happened.

Good for him. Has the makings of great things in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Good for him. Has the makings of great things in Atlanta.
    I agree Personally I think they could not have made a better choice....I also think it may help us by forcing rogers to act for fear of being enbarrassed by their ex employee

Not that I would doubt this at all, but please provide a link at some point. If this is factually true, it's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Wow. Don't let facts get in the way. You know, how we offered EE more money and more years than anyone else and HE, yes HE choose to walk away. If you're still mad about this, be mad at Eddy, not the management here. It could have been handled differently, but that would have been bowing to the request of a player asking you to sit on your hands while he solicits offers from other teams.

Gonna be watching them closely and cringing when/if we make a deal with him.

Presidents almost always bring in their own guys. They have given everyone time to prove themselves to this point and if they aren't happy with how things are going, they have every right to make changes how they see fit. For all we know they have asked for something to be implemented in the maintenance department and they never did it and these are the repercussions. Or Rogers said you're spending too much money on maintenance, trim the budget. Or they hired a consultant to see where to save money and this was suggested to Rogers. Or Shapiro is a complete dick and fired them for no reason. Nobody knows, but so many are unwilling to give these new guys any benefit of the doubt. How about the stories about all the guys that still have jobs that they liked and kept, cause there are those too and we know they're still here (Lacava amongst many others).

I swear some people are just so hellbent on bashing everything Shapiro and Atkins do that they will not, can not see any of the good things they've done. Which have been many good things too. Is Steve Simmons in the Jays forum? lol. One thing that proves my point is the Eric Wedge hiring. People were adamant that he was to be the manager within a few months. The first stumble and Gibby is out and Wedge is in. Never happened.
    Why the name calling?

The FACT is they've made a lot of unpopular moves not just on the field but also off.

Steve Simmons? Seriously, sometimes it sounds like Mike Wilner also roams this pages.

I will say this and we are going totally OT here, this is thier off season. Let's talk when it's done to get the clearest picture of this so called direction these 2 geniuses have in store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast