• 0 - 6

1 20.00%
  • 7 - 11

1 20.00%
  • 12+

3 60.00%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    IF you guys are talking about Fisher’s 0.4 second shot, we might have won that series but lost the finals that year.
    Lakers woulda actually won that series if they got even a little bit of help.. That series was terrible. I mean the lakers got nothing outside of kobe and shaq.. Even when the lakers 3 peat, they had key contributors like Glenn Rice and Ron harper for their 1st one, Rick fox, Derek fisher, Robert Horry, Horace Grant etc but in 2004 they had nobody besides those 2.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uhRYHBwAao Duncan had to be double teamed vs Duncan playing Kg 1 on 1. They all try to punk him get in his head he never cracks. Just give you the crazy look dont say nothing. Go right back at you.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-14-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    they loosened up the offensive rules as well, allowing players of LeBrick's size to be able to run from the three point line to the rim with one dribble.
    I believe that’s referred to as the crab dribble.

Well if you are going to argue that Jerry west would not have made the NBA. Once you do that you change everything. All those high dribble 2 inch vertical dudes would not be in HOF

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    How does that guy not know that that's kareem abdul jabbar at the end there? Well he woulda been named lew alcindor at that point, but still..

Your baby can't do this

Jerry west was a gangsta

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Lakers woulda actually won that series if they got even a little bit of help.. That series was terrible. I mean the lakers got nothing outside of kobe and shaq.. Even when the lakers 3 peat, they had key contributors like Glenn Rice and Ron harper for their 1st one, Rick fox, Derek fisher, Robert Horry, Horace Grant etc but in 2004 they had nobody besides those 2.

the refereeing in that Detroit series was the worst I've ever seen. It was absolutely absurd. The refs made it SO OBVIOUS that the the fix was in, that the league had decided Kobe winning a title and possibly being series MVP in the face of the phony rape trial would be too much of a PR liability and they just shut it down.

many, many possessions the Lakers weren't even allowed to get a shot off, and when ever the Lakers would start scoring points *wheeeeee* the refs would start sending Chauncey Billups or whoever to the line to make things "fair and balanced" and keep Detroit in the game. And then when they got serious they just handed it completely to Detroit. What a joke.

Detroit was averaging like 70 points a game through those playoffs and then suddenly against the Lakers they start getting 40+ FTs a game. The FT differentials were utterly ridiculous.

ok yeah looking at the stats, Detroit shot 171 FTs in the series, Lakers shot 111 FTs. So Detroit averaged 34 FTs a game, Lakers averaged 22 FTs a game. Lakers called for 142 personal fouls in the series, Detroit called for 103 personal fouls in the series. So in other words, the Lakers got 7.8 MORE personal fouls called on them PER GAME for the entire series.

I always think it's laughable when commentators talk up that Detroit team as one of the best of all time. I mean I guess I understand that narrative is important for the league, that the Kobe scandal was considered treacherous and gloomy days for the glittering NBA brand (never mind that it was a transparently racist trumped up charges by a very suspect prosecutor). But yeah, how about we just not brag about that series, alright? That was total crap let's just forget about that one. On a level playing field, if those two teams play each other 100 times, Lakers win 80+ games EASILY and the refereeing in that series as played was the most transparently manipulative I have ever seen. Actually I'm not bitter it was very interesting to see it occurring before our eyes in retrospect, but cmon sports radio let's not make it weird by saying that Detroit team was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    the refereeing in that Detroit series was the worst I've ever seen. It was absolutely absurd. The refs made it SO OBVIOUS that the the fix was in, that the league had decided Kobe winning a title and possibly being series MVP in the face of the phony rape trial would be too much of a PR liability and they just shut it down.

many, many possessions the Lakers weren't even allowed to get a shot off, and when ever the Lakers would start scoring points *wheeeeee* the refs would start sending Chauncey Billups or whoever to the line to make things "fair and balanced" and keep Detroit in the game. And then when they got serious they just handed it completely to Detroit. What a joke.

Detroit was averaging like 70 points a game through those playoffs and then suddenly against the Lakers they start getting 40+ FTs a game. The FT differentials were utterly ridiculous.

ok yeah looking at the stats, Detroit shot 171 FTs in the series, Lakers shot 111 FTs. So Detroit averaged 34 FTs a game, Lakers averaged 22 FTs a game. Lakers called for 142 personal fouls in the series, Detroit called for 103 personal fouls in the series. So in other words, the Lakers got 7.8 MORE personal fouls called on them PER GAME for the entire series.

I always think it's laughable when commentators talk up that Detroit team as one of the best of all time. I mean I guess I understand that narrative is important for the league, that the Kobe scandal was considered treacherous and gloomy days for the glittering NBA brand (never mind that it was a transparently racist trumped up charges by a very suspect prosecutor). But yeah, how about we just not brag about that series, alright? That was total crap let's just forget about that one. On a level playing field, if those two teams play each other 100 times, Lakers win 80+ games EASILY and the refereeing in that series as played was the most transparently manipulative I have ever seen. Actually I'm not bitter it was very interesting to see it occurring before our eyes in retrospect, but cmon sports radio let's not make it weird by saying that Detroit team was awesome
    Kyle kuzma was cheering for the pistons in that series

Your baby can't do this

Who was Suns guard Devin Booker arguing with on the Lakers bench, anyway?
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=489472

The most interesting thing to happen when the Phoenix Suns played the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night involved Suns star Devin Booker but it had little outcome on the game.

Booker, who scored 36 points on 14-of-27 shooting, got into a verbal dispute with someone on the Lakers bench late in the fourth quarter.

The sleuths on NBA Twitter immediately speculated that the object of Booker’s ire was Julius Randle, who, like Booker, is a former Kentucky Wildcat (Randle was the seventh pick in the 2014 draft and Booker was the 13th pick in 2015).

But after the game, Booker clarified that it wasn’t a Lakers player, according to azcentral’s Scott Bordow.

“It was one of the coaches,” Booker said, adding that it wasn’t head coach Luke Walton or assistants Brian Shaw or Miles Simon. “I don’t know who it was.”

Booker declined to say what was said to him – “I’m not here to tell on anybody” – but in his mind the words were irrelevant.

“If you’re not my coach I don’t know you,” Booker said. “Don’t say anything to me.”

The dispute did not completely overshadow Booker’s performance- a bright spot in the Suns 100-93 loss to the Lakers.

Can't wait for this guy to be a Laker. Bwahaha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAm6AHr14zY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jz23qkznWU
    SHOW

It was Brian Shaw and it shows him saying “Stop ****kng flopping!”

I’m not really a fan of Booker, he got game but I could never see him winning the whole thing. The guy probably has a mirror in his locker to make sure he looks pretty.

There's an interesting continuum that starts with Booker. Among the very young pure shooting guards in the league, he's at the top of the list. Get you points, shoots a good percentage, but that's about it.

The next in line with those same quals, but a vet, would be Paul George. Points, points, points, but as his PER makes clear, that's about it. Shoots a good percentage, pretty dependable, but you better have all of the other bases covered.

At the top of the heap of two guards in the league, is Klay Thompson, who again scores in bunches and shoots an insane percentage, but his greatest asset is the fact that he is an absolute beast on defense.

I don't think KCP is our long-term solution at the 2. I don't dislike him, but any of the three players above would clearly be an improvement. And on our whole roster, I think the 2 is our weakest position.
    Butthurt Sssmush, because Russell got traded:

"Unless Ball is a superstar out of the box and Ingram legitamately happens...
    seriously we might lose 80 games I am not even joking...."

Superstar Brooklyn Nets stat-whore D'Angelo Russell:

"I wanted to play defense in L.A.," Russell said, "but I felt
    like I had to score every chance I got for us to be relevant."

Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    There's an interesting continuum that starts with Booker. Among the very young pure shooting guards in the league, he's at the top of the list. Get you points, shoots a good percentage, but that's about it.

The next in line with those same quals, but a vet, would be Paul George. Points, points, points, but as his PER makes clear, that's about it. Shoots a good percentage, pretty dependable, but you better have all of the other bases covered.

At the top of the heap of two guards in the league, is Klay Thompson, who again scores in bunches and shoots an insane percentage, but his greatest asset is the fact that he is an absolute beast on defense.

I don't think KCP is our long-term solution at the 2. I don't dislike him, but any of the three players above would clearly be an improvement. And on our whole roster, I think the 2 is our weakest position.
    I'd love Klay to be a part of our young team.. (although he'll be 29 when he becomes UFA) that's why I think Booker would be the perfect fit. He'll (the age factor) be my clear cut choice. I don't wanna see a player like that rot in Phx. At the start of his career, Klay was never really known to be a monster in defense.. it was something that he developed. I think Book will, or maybe he already has the mamba mentality on the defensive end.

Kobe saw something in this kid.. and I pray that the Lakers will try to eventually pursue him. No offense but I think PG will derail Ingram's development as a pure small forward. Paul George is a pure small forward in my eyes.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 11-15-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    SHOW

Doubt that something like this happens within the next half decade but a team like this would be super, super dope.

???/Zubac
    Kuzma/Nance
    Ingram/Vet
    Booker/Clarkson
    Ball/Vet

Don't get me wrong but minus the "reckless" behavior-- DeMarcus Cousins will be the perfect center for the kind of system that this team is running. Very happy that we're actually a few pieces away from being relevant again. We'll start making noise this year.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 11-15-2017 at 04:46 AM.
    SHOW

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast