Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i can honestly say i did not. use of the word "wear" specifically was confusing but it's all good. and from what i know of raps it does not seem like him to respond that way for ***** and giggles. just setting the record straight.

as to the question posed - i have no idea.
    I understood the question perfectly fine, I just felt and Im sure Rapz felt this way too that the question was very crass, The Man JUST died, His wife lost a husband, his children, a father. When I lost my dad if someone had asked me that type of question Id have broken down and cried on the spot, and I was 47 at the time.

there's a time and place for all things and a trivial question such as that need not be asked AT THIS TIME. This is the Toronto Blue Jays board and I'm sure there are fans here who grew up idolizing Roy Halladay, and well they should.

its one thing to share our memories of the great man and if his wife and children were here they'd understand and Maybe even take comfort in the reminiscing, but asking what Logo he would wear is incredibly dehumanizing and trivializes all that Roy meant to so many....Everyone of us here has lost someone dear to them, How hard is it to put yourself in that situation and understand what's Right and Wrong in that situation?

When you discard the basic decencies of those situations you have the same mindset as Kirk Minihane, who actually said Roy got what he deserved....afterward Minihane realized his mistake, but by then the damage was done.

the question was and is premature and shows incredibly poor sense.....yes he was an athlete, yes we are fans, but he was a husband and father first. Giving his family time to grieve isnt too much to ask.

That's ridiculous. It's the perfect time for the discussion as we all reflect on the man's life and career.

Yeah, I don't get the backlash. Sure the guy was a jays icon and died tragically but asking what logo the guy will have on his hat ( on his plaque) is any way out line.

Are the hundreds of TV personalities talking about whether he goes to the HOF or not being offensive too?
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 11-15-2017 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    I understood the question perfectly fine, I just felt and Im sure Rapz felt this way too that the question was very crass, The Man JUST died, His wife lost a husband, his children, a father. When I lost my dad if someone had asked me that type of question Id have broken down and cried on the spot, and I was 47 at the time.

there's a time and place for all things and a trivial question such as that need not be asked AT THIS TIME. This is the Toronto Blue Jays board and I'm sure there are fans here who grew up idolizing Roy Halladay, and well they should.

its one thing to share our memories of the great man and if his wife and children were here they'd understand and Maybe even take comfort in the reminiscing, but asking what Logo he would wear is incredibly dehumanizing and trivializes all that Roy meant to so many....Everyone of us here has lost someone dear to them, How hard is it to put yourself in that situation and understand what's Right and Wrong in that situation?

When you discard the basic decencies of those situations you have the same mindset as Kirk Minihane, who actually said Roy got what he deserved....afterward Minihane realized his mistake, but by then the damage was done.

the question was and is premature and shows incredibly poor sense.....yes he was an athlete, yes we are fans, but he was a husband and father first. Giving his family time to grieve isnt too much to ask.
    good points, all of them. hadn't considered it in that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

So we as a Toronto blue Jays forum on a discussion board (emphasis on discussion) can't discuss what hat a player is going to wear, post humously, into the hall fame?

Are we being serious right now?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    With the recent passing of Roy Halladay, this topic came up amongst my friend and I. He's eligible for the HOF in 2019 but which Blue Jays logo does he wear?
    Considering he signed a one day contract to retire a Jay, I'd say he goes in as a Jay.

Here's a good question. Should the Jays retire his jersey?

The Lost Boys of PSD

I'm very serious kenny, perhaps if you had seen Brandi Halladay eulogizing her husband today you'd understand better. I can honestly say that It was Heartwrenching to watch her struggle through her comments today. Even his friend and competitive rival, Chris Carpenter was visibly shaken. There is a time and a plac to discuss trivial things and a time to be repectful, if we the fans of the team he gave so much to, can't show him the proper respect he so rightfully deserves, how can Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    I'm very serious kenny, perhaps if you had seen Brandi Halladay eulogizing her husband today you'd understand better. I can honestly say that It was Heartwrenching to watch her struggle through her comments today. Even his friend and competitive rival, Chris Carpenter was visibly shaken. There is a time and a plac to discuss trivial things and a time to be repectful, if we the fans of the team he gave so much to, can't show him the proper respect he so rightfully deserves, how can Anyone else?
    Why do you keep talking about his family? The thread is directed to the fans. As I type this, on american radio they're discussing hof rules and if Halladay makes the 2018 ballot instead of the 2019 ballot because of the timing of his death and which hat he should be adorned with.

All these questions are perfectly legitimate questions to be asking right now. Especially right now. I think you're looking to be offended like any SJW over something that isn't there. I can't help but to feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by RR Cool Jay; 11-15-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Considering he signed a one day contract to retire a Jay, I'd say he goes in as a Jay.

But which Blue Jays logo?

And yes, 32 should be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

Yeah I think he meant which Jays logo, I think he wore 4, which is nuts

Quote Originally Posted by RR Cool Jay View Post
    Why do you keep talking about his family? The thread is directed to the fans. As I type this, on american radio they're discussing hof rules and if Halladay makes the 2018 ballot instead of the 2019 ballot because of the timing of his death and which hat he should be adorned with.

All these questions are perfectly legitimate questions to be asking right now. Especially right now. I think you're looking to be offended like any SJW over something that isn't there. I can't help but to feel sorry for you.
    I did see the memorial, and it was very sad. But what we are a discussion board here, and asking what hat a player wears is perfectly fine. It is not even close to what that Boston radio host said. I really don't get the Faux outrage. Aren't we supposed to celebrate life, in death?

Edit: **** it, not worth it.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 11-15-2017 at 09:18 AM.

I thought it was inappropriately worded and the discussion itself of deciding between which blue jay logo seems out of place given the circumstances.

1. Don't care which logo but it will be Blue Jays
    2. Absolutely the number will be retired by the organization
    3. The celebration of his life should be made in stages and his acknowledgements will come in due time. His family needs to be directly involved in each one of them. The timeline should be up them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast