Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Which logo does Halladay wear in the HOF?

With the recent passing of Roy Halladay, this topic came up amongst my friend and I. He's eligible for the HOF in 2019 but which Blue Jays logo does he wear?

being deceased its doubtful that he'll wear any logo

MLB will obviously pick one

It's a Jays hat. Has to be. 74% of his starts were as a Jay. He came back here to retire, I don't want to speak for him, but I feel like he would have picked that.

I believe it'll be a jays logo. The question is-- which of the many Blue Jays' logos will he wear?

For example:
    -the original vintage logo--Halladay only wore that on the flashback days
    -the logo with the big maple leaf in the background--he started his MLB career wearing that logo
    -the "T" logo with the flexing blue jay--this logo was the primary logo during his best year
    -the "angry bird" logo--Halladay wore this logo the longest during his career
    -the current logo--was the team logo when he signed the one day contract to retire as a Blue Jay

Are you serious? The guy is dead. When he goes to the HOF, he'll be in a cemetery. He's not wearing anything Blue Jays when he's elected into the HOF.

^^ well that was harsh. I think the op meant on the plaque

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    being deceased its doubtful that he'll wear any logo

MLB will obviously pick one
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Are you serious? The guy is dead. When he goes to the HOF, he'll be in a cemetery. He's not wearing anything Blue Jays when he's elected into the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    are you serious mike?

the grass hasnt even grown over the great mans grave yet and His wife and his children are greiving his loss and you facepalm us for Pointing out how shallow and indecent asking that question is.

there's a time and a place for everything under the sun the bible says, and this certainly isnt the time or the place for that. Show the man the respect he deserves

i don't get the facepalm. it was a little harsh but it definitely seems like the OP is a wee bit confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I meant which logo will be emblazoned on his plaque.

It was just a discussion I had with my friends. Everyone grieves their own way. I just want to celebrate the man and want to know how he will be celebrated. No disrespect is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post

It was just a discussion I had with my friends. Everyone grieves their own way. I just want to celebrate the man and want to know how he will be celebrated. No disrespect is intended.
    You didnít do anything wrong at all. Dont let couple confused people stray you from contributing to this forum. It needs new blood desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i don't get the facepalm. it was a little harsh but it definitely seems like the OP is a wee bit confused.
    Everyone knows exactly what he means.

I knew what you meant. I think most people who'll see this thread do.

It's a fair question. Doc wore a lot of Jays logos during his career.

I want to say this or to a lesser extent this. But I have a feeling it's going to be this.

I understood.

Everyone knows exactly what he means.
    i can honestly say i did not. use of the word "wear" specifically was confusing but it's all good. and from what i know of raps it does not seem like him to respond that way for ***** and giggles. just setting the record straight.

as to the question posed - i have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast