Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Even if you disagree with KP, you do agree that it's rare for playing style to change. There are very, very few players that I can think of that were completely different players than when they started. It's making someone like Melo a facilitator lol...it just doesn't happen too often.

I'm glad you understand though that it's not about the actual conversion of the play, but the ability to show that you can even attempt that play.
    Iíd be surprised if Frank isnít able to develop a crafty penetration floater move or something graceful/finesse like that. Heís cerebral- you certainly can already see that.

Just because a PG doesnít have a super explosive first step/dunks on people with aggression doesnít equal inability to penetrate. I donít think that will be his greatest strength long term but I also donít think he canít develop that area - and heíll be a great drive & kicker when he figures it out as well if I had to project.

Even if you disagree with KP, you do agree that it's rare for playing style to change. There are very, very few players that I can think of that were completely different players than when they started. It's making someone like Melo a facilitator lol...it just doesn't happen too often.

I'm glad you understand though that it's not about the actual conversion of the play, but the ability to show that you can even attempt that play.
    This I'm with you 100% on. At the same time, Frank is raw enough to where he can have significant changes. One example would be if he adds a post game in the future to take advantage of his size. But overall yeah, he's not going to become a completely different person or anything.

overall Frank's physical tools + his hard work, high BBIQ and high character = good things in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iíd be surprised if Frank isnít able to develop a crafty penetration floater move or something graceful/finesse like that. Heís cerebral- you certainly can already see that.

Just because a PG doesnít have a super explosive first step/dunks on people with aggression doesnít equal inability to penetrate. I donít think that will be his greatest strength long term but I also donít think he canít develop that area - and heíll be a great drive & kicker when he figures it out as well if I had to project.
    Never once mentioned explosiveness or being able to dunk. There is a lot more to a good player than that and I actually tend to favor skilled players and not the raw athlete. I would just like to see him do more with the ball is all considering he's a PG. That doesn't mean he has to be ball dominant either. I often point to Jrue Holiday because that is my hope for him.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Hell yes. We really just need that wing to complete the guard-wing-big puzzle. I am not a greedy man, I'll take Miles Bridges or Kevin Knox...
    No debate there. Btw, first big night of college basketball tonight starting at 7 on ESPN.

Duke (Bagley) vs. Mich. St. (Bridges)

Kansas vs. Kentucky (Knox and Diallo)

All top 7 teams as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    overall Frank's physical tools + his hard work, high BBIQ and high character = good things in the future.
    Hell yes. We really just need that wing to complete the guard-wing-big puzzle. I am not a greedy man, I'll take Miles Bridges or Kevin Knox...

Never once mentioned explosiveness or being able to dunk. There is a lot more to a good player than that and I actually tend to favor skilled players and not the raw athlete. I would just like to see him do more with the ball is all considering he's a PG. That doesn't mean he has to be ball dominant either. I often point to Jrue Holiday because that is my hope for him.
    Well then I donít really see cause for concern. Cause heís definitely shown the ability to run an offense - he does that quite nicely Iíd say, especially for a rook.

He absolutely needs to look for his shot more and get in the paint/break defenses down a bit more. One thing Iím pretty sure of with him is he wonít hesitate to put work in on those areas. Itís time for the Knicks organization to show they can actually develop young talent. Every good organization does that well and weíve failed at it more than the average team over the past decade or two. But this young group seems to have work ethic at the very least.

No debate there. Btw, first big night of college basketball tonight starting at 7 on ESPN.

Duke (Bagley) vs. Mich. St. (Bridges)

Kansas vs. Kentucky (Knox and Diallo)

All top 7 teams as well.
    Dude, I'm so pumped for this Duke/Mich St game.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Dude, I'm so pumped for this Duke/Mich St game.

Lol same here! Too bad we don't have a draft thread yet.

Gobert is out but I'm still not going to give Knicks a free pass this is a young team and their will be a lot of growing pains like last night.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Jaren Jackson has impressed me most in the Duke vs Mich State game

Duvall is very explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Duvall is very explosive.
    If the Knicks wanted to take my suggestion (completely dependent on what Frank shows the rest of the year) and pair him with a more dynamic playmaker, Duval and Sexton are definitely options within the Knicks new expected draft range. Both have issues with shooting the ball, but can get to the basket at will. Sexton has more of a score first mentality, whereas Duval can really pass. Sexton has shown the most promise on his jump shot and his fire is almost Westbrook-like. Duval is a hometown kid.

Super early, but as of now I'm focused on Bridges, Knox, and Diallo (another hometown kid) in that order. Diallo reminds me too much of Terrance Ross and JR Smith though, so I'd prefer one of the first two or move Frank off the ball and draft someone like Duval or Sexton. Again, this is very, very, very premature and almost just for the fun of the discussion. Someone start a draft thread...
    Last edited by smood999; 11-15-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Bridges and Fox were my top choices last draft. I wish we could draft him this year but I think he will go much higher than projected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Bridges and Fox were my top choices last draft. I wish we could draft him this year but I think he will go much higher than projected.

It's going to be hard for him or anyone to move Porter, Doncic, Bagley, Bamba, and Ayton out of the top 5. I can't see him going higher than 6, unless whoever picks 4 or 5 doesn't need a big man, then yes he probably would be the guy to benefit from that.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627