Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extend Randle?

Extend Randle?

I know we're trying to conserve money to get two big free agents next year. However, with the way Randle as emerged as a force inside, I think we should give him a Jordan Clarkson type extension to stay. Now I agree, if he wants anything more than 12 mil a year, we trade him. But he is too young and valuable right now to let him walk. Who agrees?

I completely agree, if he would take a Clarkson like contract I would do it 100%

He looked fantastic in the pick n roll game with ZO. Clarkson and Randle have made some awesome strides and have been very very productive for us off the bench.

There is already a thread about this subject.

The time to have extended Randle passed last month. Lakers can't extend him anymore until next free agency period. He will be a RFA then so he's wide open with the Lakers being able to match a deal. How much is LA willing to match for a reserve?

Dallas, Brooklyn, Utah, Indiana, Atlanta, Sacramento all will have a major hole at PF and all have enough money to offer Randle $20+ million a year if they choose. With all them teams starving for young talent Randle will be hign on their list. After the superstars and the RFAs that teams will match any offer given, Randle is right there after them. He will be a top 3 (realistic) FA available to the teams mentioned.

So unless LA plans to match any offer whatsoever, IMO it's best to move him.

My bet, if not traded, he will sign an offer sheet with Brooklyn between $18-20 million a year.

Bottom line, LA cannot extend him anymore until he becomes a RFA.

I have always thought it was short sighted to not extend Randle. If we strike out in Free Agency this year we are going to really wish we had made it more of a priority to keep our young core in tact.
    Official Kevin King Crew

But since randle's cap hold will only be like 6 mil it's not impossible to sign him as a rga after we sign a mac guy. Right? Im not great at cap stuff.

Difficult to say til January or maybe right before the TD. Though If any team TODAY -- would agree to take on a salary dump including Deng and Randle as the sweetener.. take him. We could even get Zubac if we'll get expirings in return--with or without future picks.

We can survive on year one even without those two.

Lopez/Bogut (Bryant)
    Kuzma/Nance Jr.
    Ingram/Brewer
    KCP/Hart
    Ball/Clarkson

Pull it off, and you get your capspace for 18'
    SHOW

Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I have always thought it was short sighted to not extend Randle. If we strike out in Free Agency this year we are going to really wish we had made it more of a priority to keep our young core in tact.
    I will never understand this logic... based off of the last two years he only deserved an extension of around $12 million a year... he would not have accepted that...

If he plays well this year and the Lakers strike out in FA they can match any offer he gets...

Watching him as of right now I think most teams recognize he is maximizing his play on the second unit... does that warrant huge money? no chance...

wait and see and keep our options open was and is the best approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    But since randle's cap hold will only be like 6 mil it's not impossible to sign him as a rga after we sign a mac guy. Right? Im not great at cap stuff.
    his cap hold is like $12.445 million

Brooks is $33 million and KCP is $21.6 million

The latter two will have to be renounced most likely

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/cap/2018/

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

Jeezus! 33 mill for brook? Gtfo thats insane

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

Thabk you for the intel 👍🏻

Been scratching my head for months now why so many wanted Randle and Clarkson gone. I defended these guys all summer long. I think you add to what you got ala Miny Boston. If you let your young walk for noting in return or trade them for peanuts your not going to be very good. If lakers let them walk and get all old vets the team will get old fast and may not win anything. Dont want to be Nets of a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    The time to have extended Randle passed last month. Lakers can't extend him anymore until next free agency period. He will be a RFA then so he's wide open with the Lakers being able to match a deal. How much is LA willing to match for a reserve?

Dallas, Brooklyn, Utah, Indiana, Atlanta, Sacramento all will have a major hole at PF and all have enough money to offer Randle $20+ million a year if they choose. With all them teams starving for young talent Randle will be hign on their list. After the superstars and the RFAs that teams will match any offer given, Randle is right there after them. He will be a top 3 (realistic) FA available to the teams mentioned.

So unless LA plans to match any offer whatsoever, IMO it's best to move him.

My bet, if not traded, he will sign an offer sheet with Brooklyn between $18-20 million a year.

Bottom line, LA cannot extend him anymore until he becomes a RFA.
    Lakers lakers lakers

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Been scratching my head for months now why so many wanted Randle and Clarkson gone. I defended these guys all summer long. I think you add to what you got ala Miny Boston. If you let your young walk for noting in return or trade them for peanuts your not going to be very good. If lakers let them walk and get all old vets the team will get old fast and may not win anything. Dont want to be Nets of a few years back.
    Didn't minny trade Dunn and Lavine to get Butler? Didn't Boston trade Avery Bradley to make room for Hayward?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Didn't minny trade Dunn and Lavine to get Butler? Didn't Boston trade Avery Bradley to make room for Hayward?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Didn't hayward make room for brown tatum and rozier? 😅😅😅😅😲

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast