Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 10: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-6) Vs New York Jets (4-5)

Game Day Thread

2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

The OL gets one good push on 1st down run, then gets thrown back on a 2nd down run and Fitzpatrick is running for his life on 3rd down.

That is why I believe we need multiple upgrades on this OL, consistent with what I've seen from the OL all year. Simply not good enough.

Good drive killed by penalties, this looks familiar

3rd and 10 in Red Zone, Pamphile beat easily at LG, RE then cuts hard inside on D. Smith throwing the pocket into complete chaos.

Seems like the only time Sweezy is effective pass blocking is when double teaming with Dotson.

Sweezy on skates on another Buccaneers sacked. The fact he hasn't been benched shows a lack of accountability. By far the worst offensive starter game in and game out

Nice interception

And we give it back to them

3rd quartrr, 8:33 mark, the dreaded Humphries WR tunnel screen shows up.

Defender reads it easily, waits in passing lane, tips pass, almost picked off.

The fact that Dirk Koetter is still running that ******** *** play game in and game out shows he has the inability to change and adapt. Everybody has seen that play on tape, it isn't working but he keeps calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    3rd quartrr, 8:33 mark, the dreaded Humphries WR tunnel screen shows up.

Defender reads it easily, waits in passing lane, tips pass, almost picked off.

The fact that Dirk Koetter is still running that ******** *** play game in and game out shows he has the inability to change and adapt. Everybody has seen that play on tape, it isn't working but he keeps calling it.
    That was people's biggest complaint with him when he was in Atlanta

I didn't catch the game but glad we got the W finally. Just looking at the stat sheet we still cant run the ball Doug had 20 carries for what 50 yards? Can't win many more games with that production. Was it more on him or the Oline today? It seemed the pass rush finally came alive.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I didn't catch the game but glad we got the W finally. Just looking at the stat sheet we still cant run the ball Doug had 20 carries for what 50 yards? Can't win many more games with that production. Was it more on him or the Oline today? It seemed the pass rush finally came alive.
    The Offensive line, Martin, Barber and Rodgers were all getting hit 3 yards in the backfield on every other run. A lot of hard fought short gains mixed with the occasional 4-8 yard run. Sims had one nice 21 yard gain on a toss left on a 3rd and 15.

Doug did about as well as one could possibly expect with the blocking that was up front.

Adrian Clayborn with 6 sacks today makes me sick. Drafted by us and basically has 1 and a half arms and has almost as many sacks individually in one game as our entire unit all year. Absolutely pathetic. Nice to see we got 6 sacks todays but pass rush is the #1 priority in the offseason via FA or the Draft.

And for any Jameis Winston haters out there...

Young QBs that are successful in 2017:

Mariota - Titans average 124 yards rushing yards a game (13th overall total offense)

Wentz - Eagles average 136 rushing yards a game 2nd overall total offense)

Prescott - Cowboys average 148 rushing yards a game (5th overall total offense).

Goff - LA averages 131 rushing yards a game (1st overall total offense).

All have winning records.
    Bucs at 3-6 - 82 rushing yards per game (21st overall total offense).
    Winston - #1 passing offense coming into the Panthers game, and before his injury during the Saints game we were #2.

Oline...Oline...Oline.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Adrian Clayborn with 6 sacks today makes me sick. Drafted by us and basically has 1 and a half arms and has almost as many sacks individually in one game as our entire unit all year. Absolutely pathetic. Nice to see we got 6 sacks todays but pass rush is the #1 priority in the offseason via FA or the Draft.
    The guys season career high before today was 7.5, 2 seasons over 5, none since 2013.

He faced a terrible backup LT who was dominated and who Dallas refused to help.

It means absolutely nothing.

I mean we definitely got to get a respectable gun game going that's for sure. We definitely need more talent at the RB position though, not sure I would bring back a single RB on the team next year. Sounds rough but hey is what it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast