Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCo Extension

RoCo Extension

Hasnít signed it yet but some info:

PROCESSING

Canít wait to lock him down long term. Perfect match with Simmons and Embiid

Love RoCo. Glue guy supreme.

Weíre talking about this on some other threads, so Iíll try to redirect it here.

Letís say this ends up being in the 4/70 - 4/80 range. I read a good point earlier (forget from where), that this will ultimately end up benthe result of the Sixers decision to keep Covington instead of Noel. Because this is exactly in the ballpark range that Noel was in talks to get. They werenít going to give out huge extensions to both guys, so it was one or the other.

The player that Covington has become, the value he adds on the court, the way he complements our stars, and the investment that the Sixers put into a healthy Embiid at the center position - I 100% support this as the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Weíre talking about this on some other threads, so Iíll try to redirect it here.

Letís say this ends up being in the 4/70 - 4/80 range. I read a good point earlier (forget from where), that this will ultimately end up benthe result of the Sixers decision to keep Covington instead of Noel. Because this is exactly in the ballpark range that Noel was in talks to get. They werenít going to give out huge extensions to both guys, so it was one or the other.

The player that Covington has become, the value he adds on the court, the way he complements our stars, and the investment that the Sixers put into a healthy Embiid at the center position - I 100% support this as the right decision.
    I'm ok having that discussion and siding with RoCo in RoCo v Noel rather than any other Okafor v Noel discussion.

PROCESSING

Robert is a mistake I rubbed my own nose in for over a year. The 2013 Draft was a flurry of activity for usóa handful of trades and selections in both the first and second rounds. We had more action following the draft as we tried to finalize our summer league team and get the myriad trade calls set up with the NBA. I could see this coming a few days before and we informed the media that this kind of approach might lead to an unusually late start for the post-draft press conference. Several of you were still there late that night. At about 1:00 a.m. I went downstairs to address an equally exhausted media on deadline from their editors. When I returned upstairs, the undrafted Robert Covington was gone, having agreed to play for another clubís summer league team, eventually making their regular season roster. He torched the D-League that year, haunting me all the while. When he became available 17 months later, we pounced. But I shudder, even now, at that (nearly) missed opportunity.

thinking about had we drafted him... wouldnt we have had to sign him the year all those massive contracts went out? that might have hurt us... Cov woulda got much much more

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post

If we go with Covington, we need a two beside him that is a strong defender and shooter.
    So, how can we make Klay a reality?

Fultz
    Klay
    Roco
    Simmons
    Embiid

Wow!

Our 2 1st in 2018 (assume we will get the Lakers pick), Saric, and one of TLC or Korkmaz. Is that enough to get Klay?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Our 2 1st in 2018 (assume we will get the Lakers pick), Saric, and one of TLC or Korkmaz. Is that enough to get Klay?
    I think whatís tough about that is how likely is it they would want Saric. And unless one of those 1sts lands then a SG I think itís doubtful. They are over the cap and signing a SG to replace Klay would be tough.

PROCESSING

Why would they trade him? There is no reason to. I don't think there is a financial reason to trade him and he is not saying he wants to be traded. I don't see him moving unless he is unhappy there for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjherm View Post
    Why would they trade him? There is no reason to. I don't think there is a financial reason to trade him and he is not saying he wants to be traded. I don't see him moving unless he is unhappy there for some reason.
    Only thing I can think is Iggy, West, and one other guy retire, the bench gets thin, and they need lots of depth to maintain their level.

This might sound shocking/unpopular/scolding hot:
    Considering they are 17-3 without KD and Klay jumps back to all-NBA level play.....they should trade KD if it comes to that.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post

No, not even close. Sixers 1st may be out of the lottery, Lakers pick maybe 6-14, TLC and Korkmaz are throw ins to the Warriors, and Saric is okay.

Not enough value compared to Klay.

Woj reporting 4/62. YES!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast