Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Happy Veterans Day

So let's take a moment to get away from politics and just say happy Veteran's Day.

Did anyone here serve in the armed services or have family that did? My grandfather was in the Air Force and some of his extended family did but that's it.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

https://twitter.com/sallyqyates/stat...03087864942592

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    That really belongs in another thread. This is a thread intended to get rid of the politics for a moment.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So let's take a moment to get away from politics and just say happy Veteran's Day.

Did anyone here serve in the armed services or have family that did? My grandfather was in the Air Force and some of his extended family did but that's it.
    Not much in my immediate, some in the extended family, but I have the utmost respect for the job they do. A guy I played DnD with was a spectacular soldier, a great history teacher and could crush my head like the mountain in game of thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks for slashing and burning this thread in one post.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-11-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    thanks for slashing and burning this thread in one post.
    It is a bit disappointing. I really thought we could have this thread separated from politics.

It is a bit disappointing. I really thought we could have this thread separated from politics.
    he could delete the post.

I did, and thank you.

Happy veterans day to all my fellow vets.

That said, why is this in the politics forum? Going to make one in the general forum.

Defending world champions. Dynasty in full swing. Keep it down haters. Keep it down.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    I did, and thank you.

Happy veterans day to all my fellow vets.

That said, why is this in the politics forum? Going to make one in the general forum.
    Thanks for your service!

It's here because I don't post in the general discussion forum. We're a small community here.

Thanks for your service!

It's here because I don't post in the general discussion forum. We're a small community here.

no worries, makes sense.

Defending world champions. Dynasty in full swing. Keep it down haters. Keep it down.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Ward/Kovalev/Fury/Lomachenko/Rigondeaux/Gonzalez/Bradley/Rungvisai

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

no worries, makes sense.
    I really only post on two forums here any more. Politics and wrestling. I don't remember the last time that I posted anywhere else.

Why post this here?

Grandpa (RIP), retired Lt. Colonel for the Air Force. Bomber pilot and two time prisoner of war. Saved every man on both planes that got shot down. His stories of the Romanian prisoner camps would bring tears to the eyes of the manliest of men.

Father, marine during Vietnam. Has yet to talk to any of us about his experiences during the war. Hurts him, but he keeps it close to the vest.

Wife, Air Force Presidential security during the Bush Sr. admin. Bomb dog handler for Air Force one and toured in Panama.

My bar downstairs has several Nick nacks from her trading with Russians. Russian vodka, Pepsi cans from Russia and Russian beer from back then.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 11-12-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Grandpa (RIP), retired Lt. Colonel for the Air Force. Bomber pilot and two time prisoner of war. Saved every man on both planes that got shot down. His stories of the Romanian prisoner camps would bring tears to the eyes of the manliest of men.

Father, marine during Vietnam. Has yet to talk to any of us about his experiences during the war. Hurts him, but he keeps it close to the vest.

Wife, Air Force Presidential security during the Bush Sr. admin. Bomb dog handler for Air Force one and toured in Panama.
    Wow that's a lot of service. They definitely have my appreciation despite our wide differences politically.

Wow that's a lot of service. They definitely have my appreciation despite our wide differences politically.
    I'd classify it as interpretation before I'd classify it as differences. But thank you. My Grandpa was among the last of the truly real good men. And I mean that whole heatedly.

It came close to saddening me that you made it a point to bring up political differences in this thread. But hell, it is what it is.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 11-12-2017 at 02:33 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast