Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weekly GT#2: Pistons Vs. Heat (11/12), @ Bucks (11/15) @ Pacers (11/17)

Game 1:
    Sunday (11/12)
    4:00 PM
    FSDT

Game 2:
    Wednesday (11/15)
    8:00 PM
    FSDT

Game 3:
    Friday (11/17)
    7:00 PM
    FSDT

Avery Bradley is quickly becoming my favorite Piston. Detroit needs to keep him around for the long term.

cool hands luke

Flawless homestand

5-0 on the home stand

saw a post on where showing our players age's and we are pretty damn young.

#QWiNNING

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    5-0 on the home stand

oldest starter is Jackson at 27...
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    5-0 on the home stand

first 5-0 homestand in 10 years

good stuff even though we didn't play the best teams, we took care of teams we should take care of and can't ask for more than that

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Avery Bradley is quickly becoming my favorite Piston. Detroit needs to keep him around for the long term.
    Same here, his defensive intensity is something to behold, he's a perfect fit for the lunch pail pistons, I really hope we don't let him get away

Off Topic: SVG just wrote a Time Op - Ed supporting kneeling.

F__K STAN !!

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post

F__K STAN !!
    Hasn't Stan always been pretty outspoken about social issues? I don't see why he'd stop now, he's kinda like Pop light (diet Pop?) without ridiculous accolades so no one ever really hears from him

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post

F__K STAN !!
    I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I liked it.
    It couldn't have been long ago that he simply stated he was against bigotry. Pretty hard not to be on board with that, no matter how boiled down the point was

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    It couldn't have been long ago that he simply stated he was against bigotry. Pretty hard not to be on board with that, no matter how boiled down the point was
    Who isn't against bigotry? I have yet to meet anyone who is pro cancer.

Let me boil it simply:

This isn't a first amendment issue (kneeling). The first amendment for those who skipped civics class is the first of the 10 in the Bill of Rights. This - in short form - basically lays out what and what not the gov't can or cannot do to you. Want to start a church of Wang? Go ahead. The gov't can't stop you nor can it force anyone to join you nor can it prevent people from protesting you. However, if you show up to work and want to Wang in your cubicle, your employer doesn't have to let you. He can fire you. So this whole "they have a first amendment right to take a knee during the anthem" just shows how ignorant some people are when it comes to the "freedom of speech" thing. So when they say something akin to that, you have to pause and realize this person has put forth a premise that is so far outside the realm of fact, you have to call it out.

Second, we've heard from the left for years - particularly in job situations - how it's NOT what your said during a meeting but HOW it was taken by a certain person(s). So in years past, though maybe crude - you could tell the joke about the two mexicans, a jew and a priest who walk into a bar. Joke may have been crude but not vulgar. However, the left has said because Jenny/Jim was offended, you can't tell that joke anymore. So when these a$$hats say " I don't want / didn't mean to offend anyone" it's a pile of BS. If people are offended by players taking a knee during the anthem and the owners / NFL don't want to do anything about it - Eff 'em.

I don't see all these headlines where these A$$hats are taking a stand on their dime. I don't see where they spend a lot of their offseason doing a lot of community service to this supposed higher calling. And we all know if this was true - we'd know about it. Now, there are athletes who set up foundations and do community service. The former is commendable and for tax reasons. The second is commendable and many times driven / directed by the team / NFL. Some of these athletes do great community service. Some of these athletes go along - again - who's NOT against cancer, etc. I don't mean to disparage the work these athletes do.

So when Goodell or the NFL says you can't put a sticker on your helmet to honor 5 cops shot dead or want to wear pink cleats all season long - I don't really want to hear about this "freedom of speech" thing. It's total B.S., CYA, playing to the crowd B.S.

So when SVG puts on his A$$hat and says he supports players exercising their 1st amendment rights and supports them taking a knee - he's an A$$hat. I don't listen to athletes or celebrities for my political opinions anymore than I listen to politicians for my sports opinion.

These folks have access to the media 24/7/365 on speed dial. The fact they choose to lay down the marker here just shows it's more of a "stunt" than anything. Like the whole "hands up / don't shoot" B.S. That's exactly what it was. And yet, everyone jumped on it and it was proven FALSE by Obama's own DOJ, headed by one Eric "my people" Holder.

As for Micheal Dyson Tyson or whoever: The vast majority of them are wanna be Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons. Race Hustlers.

My apologies - I didn't / don't mean to turn this into a political thread. But some things just need to be called out for what they are.

GO PISTONS !!
    Last edited by markbutter; 11-15-2017 at 11:28 AM.

#Pistons SVG said Stanley Johnson (back) and Jon Leuer (ankle) practiced full out today but remain questionable for tomorrow at @Bucks
    This via Ansar Khan.

Getting Stanley back is big with the Greek Freak looming. I would rather we not get Leuer back but unfortunately we are stuck with him.

bleh, kinda slopped this one away in the last minute, but hey at least another double digit comeback made it compelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast