Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Nice find, hes chipping in

9pts 6reb 7ast 1stl 1blk 2to

That 3/1 ast/to ratio is sexy as ****. You know when he gets older and bigger hes going to cut down on turnovers.

I want him to relax at the FT line, literally count to 10before shooting. Lol
    He definitely rushes his shot at the line... I think with his form though I'm not sure how it will help slowing it down though because he has that swinging motion. He's definitely a better FT shooter than 50% though! I like how JC takes his time at the line.

A quarter of his TO are from not being on the same page with teammates as well so that will improve just from more time together... for a 20 year old rookie running the offence though he really doesn't make too many bad turnovers.

It was nice to see Ball knock down some shots yesterday, that will be big for his confidence. Despite his struggles though I've been really happy how he has played, it's been a long time since we've had someone that can run the offence like he does and at 20 years old he's completely comfortable doing so. I think his ability to run the offence is higher than I expected for the start of his rookie year. I think his ball handling and D and better than I expected as well and the rebs are nice. I probably expected a little better shooting (although my expectations for a rookie are usually modest), but I think in every single other aspect of his game it's better than I expected at this pint in his career.

I'm loving Kuzma, but still miss Nance!

I miss Nance too! Love me Kuzma but he would still be better for us off the bench as a offensive spark w/Randle/Clarkson.

Jason kidd was on first take saying that the comparisons between he and Lonzo ball are a stretch.. Thing is, I'd agree with that but only on the defensive side of the ball. Lonzo still has a long way to go to be comparable to kidd on defense, not because of Lonzos lack of talent on that end but because Jason kidd was just that good on defense. That being said, Lonzos offensive numbers are scarily similar to what Jason kidds offensive numbers during his rookie year and Lonzos numbers are actually looking a little better through the same amount of games. One area where Lonzo is looking better than rookie Jason kidd is assist/turnover ratio which Lonzo is at better than 3/1 which is already elite.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

I miss Nance too! Love me Kuzma but he would still be better for us off the bench as a offensive spark w/Randle/Clarkson.
    Kuzma and ball are on their way to become the first rookie teammates ever to be on the nba all rookie 1st team. I don't think kuzma sacrifices much coming off the bench for Nance and actually helps the team a little more imo because kuzma can create his own shot which is clearly what the bench struggles with when Lonzo goes to the bench

Your baby can't do this

I think Ball is proving it on the court as he needs to do and his numbers will definitely improve as the Lakers gel more as a team and pick up quality role players and FA's. I have to believe that Kuzma will develop to be one of Balls right hand guys on the floor and would expect to see him keep the starting role along side Ball.

As far as the China crisis for the brother - SMH.
    This is how I bleed

https://youtu.be/7O45lKqyjYo

Jason Kidds comments on Lonzo after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Kuzma and ball are on their way to become the first rookie teammates ever to be on the nba all rookie 1st team. I don't think kuzma sacrifices much coming off the bench for Nance and actually helps the team a little more imo because kuzma can create his own shot which is clearly what the bench struggles with when Lonzo goes to the bench

and dont get me wrong, I still want Kuzma playing big minutes! He can play 3/4 spot and like you said great his own shot and help us score some buckets when Zo is on the bench... loving these Baby Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

Regardless of who starts Nance brings a lot to the team and we can use that. On different nights and with different match ups each guy will have their better nights and can log more mins, the more options we have the better.

We really need a back up PG... I went and looked through the subs in the play by play for last night's game...

Ball played the first 7:22 of the game and we outscored Mil 13-9
    Then Ball comes out and they outscore us 15-4 in the last 4:38
    Ball plays the whole 2nd and we win the quarter 32-27
    Ball plays the first 7:26 of the 3rd and it's 14-14 in the quarter at that point
    The last 4:34 of the quarter with Ball on the bench Bucks outscore us 11-4
    Ball plays the 4th and we win 23-21.

The two times he sat were for about 4 1/2 mins each and we were outscored 15-4 and 11-4, so we lost 26-8 with him on the bench for 9 mins.

JC is much better suited for the back up 2 guard.
    Last edited by LoveMyLakers; 11-12-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    We really need a back up PG... I went and looked through the subs in the play by play for last night's game...

Ball plays the first 7:26 of the 3rd and it's 14-14 in the quarter at that point

The two times he sat were for about 4 1/2 mins each and we were outscored 15-4 and 11-4, so we lost 26-8 with him on the bench for 9 mins.

I'm curious as to why the The FO never showed interest in Deron Williams. He's still a free agent if I recall. Played for the Cavs last year... And we must remember this guy had a pretty little nice chemistry with Brook Lopez when they both started for BKN.

I duno, but give me someone better than Tyler Ennis. Maybe a 10 day contract for D-Will then we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post

Great post as usual, a few of us posted this exact thing last night. Clarkson is a great combo guard but we need more consistency in our backcourt in a playmaker. Clarkson has to adopt that role atm and hes shown capable of doing so but not the last few games.

Great post as usual, a few of us posted this exact thing last night. Clarkson is a great combo guard but we need more consistency in our backcourt in a playmaker. Clarkson has to adopt that role atm and hes shown capable of doing so but not the last few games.
    You know, you raise an interesting point here.

We've seen Clarkson play good back-up minutes as a scoring guard, and we've seen him play good back-up minutes as the point guard, and what makes us all crazy is that he isn't consistent at either.

On the other hand, that's kind of a tricky position to be in, because as a point guard you may have to look for your own shot at the end of the clock, so making that mental switch probably requires more discipline than playing either position all the time.

I'm not unhappy with Clarkson, but he still needs to work on thinking the game from the point of view of each possession. What's the goal? Pushing the ball? Scoring? Resetting the offense? Just stalling for time?

He wasn't a point guard when he entered the league, but he's not doing terrible. Just need more improvement in terms of his awareness of what the team needs at various parts of the game. (Maybe more coaching from Magic?)
    Magic0320, talent scout:

"So as 2nd overall pick [Ingram is a] bust.
    I don't see him ever....I MEAN EVER MAKING ALL STAR."

Superstar Brooklyn Nets stat-whore D'Angelo Russell:

"I wanted to play defense in L.A.," Russell said, "but I felt
    like I had to score every chance I got for us to be relevant."

Did You See What Mah Boy Did Last Night?!

I TOLD YALL!!!

Mah boy gonna be rookie of the year. TRIPLE-DOUBLE BABY.!! Youngest to eva do it! Younger than LeBron! And we dun it in front of Kidd! And they say it wunt possible! Look out Magic!

This is just the start fellas! Big Baller Brand here to stay for a very very looooongggg time! Believe dat!

Tina and I put a lot of work into our boys. Even LiAngelo, once all this hoopla in China passes over, itll be all back to the sport my boys grew up lovin!

Thank you to all the supporters out there! And to all the haturz, well yall keep doin yo thang cuz mah boys will keep on BALLin and represent the family brand the way we know how!

WE IN DA HOUUUUUUUSSEEE!!!

14. 11-12-2017, 11:24 PM
    Reason
    Stop with the insults - Rush

Mike / LakerTalk‏ @MikeSportsLA
    If you watch yesterday's game, several moments/possessions where we didn't let Zo bring ball up and it ended up being a horrible shot by JC or KCP. Lonzo is the best at the hockey assist, let him bring the ball up 100% of the time.

Mike / LakerTalk‏@MikeSportsLA
    Everybody sleeping on Lonzo's 8 blocks he's had the last 2 games. I wanna see the last rookie guard to post those #'s.

And this is what I've been trying to say about the other "playmakers" on the Lakers team:

Laker Film Room‏ @LakerFilmRoom
    Remember when Lonzo would finish lobs at UCLA? Watch him on this play.
    https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/st...68711677919232

Jordan Clarkson is either not skilled enough to dish that dime or... he likes making things complicated when the flow of the game could be very, very simple.

This is getting old..

Your baby can't do this

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast