Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 42-15-7 View Post
    You know, you raise an interesting point here.

We've seen Clarkson play good back-up minutes as a scoring guard, and we've seen him play good back-up minutes as the point guard, and what makes us all crazy is that he isn't consistent at either.

On the other hand, that's kind of a tricky position to be in, because as a point guard you may have to look for your own shot at the end of the clock, so making that mental switch probably requires more discipline than playing either position all the time.

I'm not unhappy with Clarkson, but he still needs to work on thinking the game from the point of view of each possession. What's the goal? Pushing the ball? Scoring? Resetting the offense? Just stalling for time?

He wasn't a point guard when he entered the league, but he's not doing terrible. Just need more improvement in terms of his awareness of what the team needs at various parts of the game. (Maybe more coaching from Magic?)
    I like Clarkson, but I don't think he runs the offence well, he's a good individual player. When he's playing PG he likes to drive and dish and he's had some luck at this, in fact he makes some great passes, but I find a lot of times everyone is waiting for him to go iso and drive and/or dish... where as Ball obviously keeps the Ball moving, even if he's not the one setting up the shooter it stats with him moving the ball so everyone is more engaged where as with Clarkson there's a little more waiting around. So even when Clarkson puts up decent assist totals the offence isn't as smooth. Having said all of that I think he makes a great backup 2 guard because of his ability to create his own shot. I would be happy to see Caruso get a chance as you mentioned, just someone to keep the same flow as our first unit and then allow Clarkson to play more naturally. I'm not sure why we signed because Luke really doesn't seem interested in using him, I wouldn't be either but it seems odd that we chose him for the last roster spot when we had a few other options on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Mike / LakerTalk‏ @MikeSportsLA
    If you watch yesterday's game, several moments/possessions where we didn't let Zo bring ball up and it ended up being a horrible shot by JC or KCP. Lonzo is the best at the hockey assist, let him bring the ball up 100% of the time.

Mike / LakerTalk‏@MikeSportsLA
    Everybody sleeping on Lonzo's 8 blocks he's had the last 2 games. I wanna see the last rookie guard to post those #'s.

And this is what I've been trying to say about the other "playmakers" on the Lakers team:

Laker Film Room‏ @LakerFilmRoom
    Remember when Lonzo would finish lobs at UCLA? Watch him on this play.
    https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/st...68711677919232

Jordan Clarkson is either not skilled enough to dish that dime or... he likes making things complicated when the flow of the game could be very, very simple.
    Point 1# I have brought it up a few times, Zo gets 3/4 hockey assist a game. He just gets the ball moving it becomes contagious.

Point 2# Lonzoís length makes his an awesome DLO defender and log enough to block shorter guards.

Point 3# itís not just JC who misses ZO on lobs, it happens almost once every game, BI missed him in the second half. Luke should have ran a play for ZO on the back screen cut at least once already! All it takes is once to get the confidence rolling and everyone to know ZO loves those backdoor lobs!

My *** itches...

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    I like Clarkson, but I don't think he runs the offence well, he's a good individual player. When he's playing PG he likes to drive and dish and he's had some luck at this, in fact he makes some great passes, but I find a lot of times everyone is waiting for him to go iso and drive and/or dish... where as Ball obviously keeps the Ball moving, even if he's not the one setting up the shooter it stats with him moving the ball so everyone is more engaged where as with Clarkson there's a little more waiting around. So even when Clarkson puts up decent assist totals the offence isn't as smooth. Having said all of that I think he makes a great backup 2 guard because of his ability to create his own shot. I would be happy to see Caruso get a chance as you mentioned, just someone to keep the same flow as our first unit and then allow Clarkson to play more naturally. I'm not sure why we signed because Luke really doesn't seem interested in using him, I wouldn't be either but it seems odd that we chose him for the last roster spot when we had a few other options on the table.
    Caruso and somebody else (Blue) are on two-way contracts, which limit their time in the NBA. They can play unlimited minutes/games when the G-League isn't operating, but during the G-League season the number of games they can play is capped.

I think the Lakers are taking a look at Blue right now, and maybe when they're done wasting their time on him Caruso will rotate through. They may also have wanted to give Ennis a look (another waste, IMO), but I think that's over.

The one thing I will say about this FO is that they are very methodical about vetting players and getting them minutes so they know what they have. I expect a number of moves to be made before the trade deadline, but I don't think they will be flashy. Just trading a small piece that doesn't fit right in LA for one that does. (Much like the discussion about picking Kuzminskas up off of waivers. He's the right body type/position for Luke's position-less ball.)
    Butthurt Sssmush, because Russell got traded:

"Unless Ball is a superstar out of the box and Ingram legitamately happens...
    seriously we might lose 80 games I am not even joking...."

Superstar Brooklyn Nets stat-whore D'Angelo Russell:

"I wanted to play defense in L.A.," Russell said, "but I felt
    like I had to score every chance I got for us to be relevant."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-triple-double

Man, I think Lebron has a crush on Lonzo.

Magic on Mike & Mike; mostly about ZO

https://youtu.be/r2pwGDDEYWE

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post

Good, maybe the Lakers org will not pursue him to protect ZO from any potential sexual harassment issues.
    This is how I bleed

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post

I think he also may have minimized the accomplishment too though when he said "I don't remember a lot of games when I was that young". Almost as if he was saying, "I've accomplished so much in my career, my first triple double is nothing compared to everything else."

Still its good to hear a guy like LeBron praising Lonzo by saying he's going to be a good player and "probably a great player".

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

All I care about is that none of our young players are floppers like LeFlop. I hate floppers. Floppers suck.

After this game I think it's safe to say that Luke Walton should be Coach of the Year. He does such a good job of knowing which guard to play at different periods of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think he also may have minimized the accomplishment too though when he said "I don't remember a lot of games when I was that young". Almost as if he was saying, "I've accomplished so much in my career, my first triple double is nothing compared to everything else."

Still its good to hear a guy like LeBron praising Lonzo by saying he's going to be a good player and "probably a great player".

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I thought the same thing when I heard his comments, it sounded like we was taking away from Ball did. In truth although I'm glad Ball did it and was cheering for him to get it, it really doesn't matter too much. What he does moving forward means more and there have also been much better games by younger rookies just with a different configuration of the numbers, Ball's 29 point game earlier where he missed a triple double by one assist might be his best game this year.
    Last edited by LoveMyLakers; 11-14-2017 at 09:12 AM.

**** any record leflop doesnt hold is good for the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    **** any record leflop doesnt hold is good for the nba.

You do realize, he's a Laker next year right?
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    You do realize, he's a Laker next year right?
    LeFlop will never be a Laker.

Magic might sign him for all the wrong reasons, but he'll just be another rental.

Call him a Faker, because that's what he'll be....

Mah boy Lonzo! Love him!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast