Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    They are quitting on Spagnola as well as MacAdoo which I am surprised at. I thought the defense really liked Spags, obviously not. If that is the case he has to go along with everyone else.
    Coughlin's Revenge.
    I don't think that the team has quit on Spags but if the team has quit, all coaches are left out to dry. That's why you have a HC. He is the one responsible for poor play.

I'm not opposed to mid season firings...even though I thought we should let McAdoo finish out the season but McAdoo, just acts like he don't care or have a clue....not once have he said I need to do a better job coaching.

If Spags is let go, I hope he stays with the organization at some capacity....this would be a perfect opportunity to see if he can get the team back on track as interim HC.

I do believed TC is getting his revenge with what is happening with the Giants right now. I didn't like the way TC left the organization, with a lot of bitterness but I do believe that he knew McAdoo was not the right man for the job and that he and McAdoo did not get along to well because TC knew he was going to be replaced by McAdoo eventually.

I am happy for Jacksonville and TC though....continued success.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    This has nothing to do with Coughlin....we appreciate him...we love him but his time was up.

One thing that was apparent when we parted ways with TC was that the league had no use for a near 70 yr old HC. TC still thinks he should be coaching....he settled for that GM job in Jacksonville because he loves to be around the game.

We gave McAdoo a chance to see what he can do.....he wasn't ready.
    Obviously this is not about any one or two things. Would this be happening under Coughlin? Hard to say but I'm guessing not to this extent. I will say I think the OBJ nonsense has more to do with this collapse than his fanboys want to admit. You have a me first star treatment culture more about "celebrating" than winning. Your star setting the tone. Where coaches are disregarded for agents and cameras and microphones. That's the world now. But you notice that isn't how the Patriots are doing it.

Is that more of a factor than the crappy O Line? I don't know. But I think it equally has to change.

I know I called this loss, but I still can't believe just how badly they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I know I called this loss, but I still can't believe just how badly they lost.
    I still can't believe that the FO thought that both Flowers and Hart were going to become respectable tackles and Jerry was the answer at RG.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I still can't believe that the FO thought that both Flowers and Hart were going to become respectable tackles and Jerry was the answer at RG.
    To not add even one reliable starter is unacceptable. Fluker does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    To not add even one reliable starter is unacceptable. Fluker does not count.
    This is what I am afraid of: Flowers has not allowed a sack since apparently week 2, when he got destroyed by Ansah. And apparently Jerry is currently top 5 in pass protection (for LG) the last couple of weeks, according to PFF. if Reese is retained I bet you that the above statements will be used to justify going with the same thing next season. The reality of it all is that a) Eli is getting rid of the ball at the fastest rate in the league and b) teams have been rushing 3 or 4 guys all year because they know they can still beat the oline.

Give me Gettleman, Dorsey or McCloughan to run the team. I'd take a drunk McCloughan over Reese at this point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123