Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 393

Thread: Roy Moore

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    Man they are talking about a good two birds, one stone fix. Remove Roy Moore from the Senate and appoint Jeff Sessions to take his old seat back and then Trump gets to appoint a new AG who would presumably fire Robert Mueller.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    40,797
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    To be fair, it was like that before the pedophile stuff. The interesting thing will be if Moore does win and he votes for someone else as Senate Majority Leader. I don't know if it works the same as the House, but you can have the GOP in charge and if enough people defect then the house would actually elect Nancy Pelosi as speaker because all the Democratic votes would go to her.
    It's too late to take Moore off the ballot. So this really doesn't end well for the GOP no matter what. If the early polls stay constant, Doug Jones can actually win with the support he's getting in Birmingham and Montgomery. OR the GOP runs Strange as a write-in and splits the vote, and Jones wins. OR Moore continues to run since he's on the ballot anyway and if he wins, the state and position looks ridiculous for electing a guy like that and then on top of it, McConnell has to take it away from him.

    Suddenly the establishment GOP v. Trumpers is more interesting than the Berniecrats v. Establishment Dems....mainly because of the outrageous moral concessions that need to be made to win their political battle. If there's integrity left, this is the moment to sacrifice an election win for salvaging the future of their party. It's currently hijacked by Tea Partier Trumpers and that's not a great long term plan for them.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It's too late to take Moore off the ballot. So this really doesn't end well for the GOP no matter what. If the early polls stay constant, Doug Jones can actually win with the support he's getting in Birmingham and Montgomery. OR the GOP runs Strange as a write-in and splits the vote, and Jones wins. OR Moore continues to run since he's on the ballot anyway and if he wins, the state and position looks ridiculous for electing a guy like that and then on top of it, McConnell has to take it away from him.

    Suddenly the establishment GOP v. Trumpers is more interesting than the Berniecrats v. Establishment Dems....mainly because of the outrageous moral concessions that need to be made to win their political battle. If there's integrity left, this is the moment to sacrifice an election win for salvaging the future of their party. It's currently hijacked by Tea Partier Trumpers and that's not a great long term plan for them.
    I think that the governor can do something to the ballot. I believe she might even have the ability to cancel the election altogether.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

  4. #154
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    17,521
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Bolded: Except the laws because ya know... it's illegal. Guess you forgot about that part. Guess we can add pedophile sympathizer to your list of accolades.

    illegal to date? you're going to have to show me that.

    as for consent if that is what you are talking about, then it looks like you are wrong there if we are going by what Moore says in that he dated women 16+, since the age of consent in Alabama is 16.

    as for the personal comment you can ya know take that and shove it where the sun don't shine.
    I specifically said in what you quoted "I'm not defending Moore in dating underage girls".
    I also said "I'm not defending Moore".
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...3#post31974433
    I also said "if it is true then he should be punished"
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...6#post31973246
    ..but it's already well established that you do not care about the truth and factually what I say, and that you will make up whatever the hell you want.


    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    ^ As Bill Maher said "sexual assault is bipartisan. It may be the last thing that is bipartisan. But democrats fire and imprison their sex offenders, republicans elect them"
    except for ya know Bill Clinton.





    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    That was just ONE of the accusers. One of them was a Trump backing Republican. Okay, let’s say for whatever reason this particular women is just trying to sabotage Moore’s campaign. There’s still the other three! It sounds like you and other right wingers have trying to use one of the accuser’s political leanings to discredit not only her, which is bad enough, not the others as well, which is beyond insane. FWIW, a new accuser is about to come forward.
    I'm not saying any of the women are trying to sabotage Moore. what I think is a possibility is that these collection of women could be part of a plan by the Democrats. Dems aren't stupid, they could come up with some elaborate plan. just the timing of these women alone has to be suspicious.
    I'm not saying I believe Moore, but I'm also not going to automatically believe things against a Republican during a campaign. people should question why are allegations only coming out now.

    despite what some have said (like above) I have already said "if it is true then he should be punished". if Moore did these things then he was wrong. but how do we get to where we know who is being honest.

    I haven't followed this election and don't know how this works. is Moore the only Republican running against a Democrat, meaning if Moore was to drop out then the Democrat wins by default? that certainly would not be fair.

    the more allegations that are made the more I would tend to believe that something shady happened. if he was dating teenagers then it wouldn't be surprising he was more aggressive, especially if this was the 70's/80's and he felt like he could get away with more back then.

    I saw something said on TV about a possibility that Jeff Sessions could be involved in whatever Moore was an option for, and then Sessions could be replaced with someone else at Attorney General. I would be all for that.



  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    I wonder if the trolls can find a better example than someone who wasn't president almost 20 years ago. Somehow I don't think so.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,571
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I wonder if the trolls can find a better example than someone who wasn't president almost 20 years ago. Somehow I don't think so.
    Nope


    #whataboutclinton is all they can ever come up with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    20,784
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    illegal to date? you're going to have to show me that.

    as for consent if that is what you are talking about, then it looks like you are wrong there if we are going by what Moore says in that he dated women 16+, since the age of consent in Alabama is 16.

    as for the personal comment you can ya know take that and shove it where the sun don't shine.
    I specifically said in what you quoted "I'm not defending Moore in dating underage girls".
    I also said "I'm not defending Moore".
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...3#post31974433
    I also said "if it is true then he should be punished"
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...6#post31973246
    ..but it's already well established that you do not care about the truth and factually what I say, and that you will make up whatever the hell you want.
    You can bold the not defending him for dating underage girls all you want, you are defending him right now while saying you are not. So stop.

    You said "underage girls" in your original post. The definition of underage girl is:

    A person who is underage is legally too young to do something, for example to drink alcohol, have sex, or vote

    So saying an underage girl when talking about whether they can have sex legally is specifically talking about those that can't.

    But since I know you'll just try to weasel out of what you said, let's get to the more pertinent matter:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.c36f996ffd2d

    One of the accusers is 14.

    Want to try and defend Roy Moore for touching a 14 year old sexually?


    As for your Bill Clinton comment, 20 years ago. Roy Moore is about to win the current election, Trump is the current President. If you want to say Democrats 20 years ago are as bad as Republicans today, cool. But that still leaves Democrats of today being better than Republicans of today...

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    20,784
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I wonder if the trolls can find a better example than someone who wasn't president almost 20 years ago. Somehow I don't think so.
    It's kind of funny because his defense is apparently "Republicans are as ****y as Democrats used to be"

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,571
    https://twitter.com/newyorker/status/930215276884430848


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    A reminder to the GOP to paraphrase Trump: "you knew what you voted for". All this nonsense about having Strange resign and triggering another special election is hogwash. You're upset that your voters want a pedophile over a Democrat.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,715
    Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Cl inton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clin ton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinto n,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton, Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Cl inton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clin ton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinto n,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton, Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Clinton,Cl inton,Clinton,Clinton,

    Sorry, just preparing the republican defense.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,773
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I wonder if the trolls can find a better example than someone who wasn't president almost 20 years ago. Somehow I don't think so.
    Sure Bob Menendez who the FBI thinks went to the Dominican Republic to buy underage prostitutes. Amazing how topical he is considering some GOP Senators even testified to his character (one must assume lack thereof) and nobody is calling on him to resign. And this is a guy who has actually been investigated, not led down a media-driven circus over 40 year old allegations.

    Once Gloria Allred came out it confirmed for me that this whole thing was made up. Maybe he dated women younger than him as a young man, maybe not. It's clear from the double standard that the GOP establishment treats rumors about him vs. an actual investigation and trial on Menendez that they deeply hate him - which makes me think he's doing something right.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    He supposedly had an announcement at 5:30pm EST. Reports are that it was at that time because school let out late.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Really good episode last Friday, but bummed that the panel was one sided. Usually pretty balanced or at least with some anti-Trump GOPers.
    Real time has really become feast of famine for me. Some of the best episodes come when he has some right leaning people on. I enjoyed watching both Anne Coulter and Nick Gillespie handle themselves on there.

    However a lot of episodes recently have become a leftty cheering convention.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,935
    Lol this ****er got banned from a mall?! For perving on teenage girls? My God. That's extraordinarily sad and pathetic.

    Flea...read up on the Menendez prostitution allegations. Every outlet besides the Daily Caller didn't think it was credible at the time. It was later revealed the women were paid to lie.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.6e6fd2691f30

    Perhaps you're conflating that with his corruption charges and the FBI witnesses there?

    Anyways...Roy Moore is running for office and Menendez is probably on his way out...so I kinda get why one is getting more attention than the other. Not to mention, again, the fact that those allegations were lies. Though, he's a powerful crusty old white man...safe to assume he has some skeletons in his closet.
    this my sig

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •