Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 393

Thread: Roy Moore

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    40,797
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If any of this is true, and people defend Roy Moore but try to use Harvey Weinstein as an attack issue on Democrats, then they will lose any credibility that they may have clung to before.
    Harvey Weinstein is not a politician. Trump is president. Anyone making a political argument about Harvey while supporting Trump lost credibility the minute the argument started.

    I feel like there was a time that human rights, ethics and morals transcended party lines, but maybe I'm glorifying the past?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Harvey Weinstein is not a politician. Trump is president. Anyone making a political argument about Harvey while supporting Trump lost credibility the minute the argument started.

    I feel like there was a time that human rights, ethics and morals transcended party lines, but maybe I'm glorifying the past?
    Well he did give money and from what I've seen associated with some politicians. I get your point but if he's the sugar daddy for some politicians, then I think the argument holds some water as they must have seen something fishy.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    40,797
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well he did give money and from what I've seen associated with some politicians. I get your point but if he's the sugar daddy for some politicians, then I think the argument holds some water as they must have seen something fishy.
    As a donor? I don't think either major party wants to go down the road of ethics of campaign donors. Harvey v. Koch Bros?

    Just mean its a different level. Some douchebag producer on a sexual harassment power trip got caught and it basically dismantled his career and family. Not in the same category of politics where partisan blinders made one side completely ignore all accusations and conduct, and elect a sexual assaulter as president. Or as my republican friend calls him "Groper in Chief".

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    16,130
    He's accused the Washington Post of libel.

    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17



    Larkin is back


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    Let me be the first here to shamelessly steal this line that I saw on Twitter to give Mike Pence credit. Maybe he isn't such a bad idea for his "no being alone in a room alone without his wife" philosophy. For better or worse, I don't think anyone has reported Mike Pence going around sexually assaulting anyone. For once, good guy Mike Pence.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    2,333
    This is pretty fascinating to me although it shouldn't be surprising. Kevin Spacey allegedly tried to seduce a 14 year old boy many years ago. He's demonized by both the right and left and fired from pretty much all his current projects.(Not defending him) Roy Moore allegedly assaults a 14 year old girl many years ago. Not even the first assault accusation against him. He's defended by the right, including other republican politicians, and is likely to still win the election. Whatever. I just wish they would stop pretending they were a party that cared about "morals".

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    This is pretty fascinating to me although it shouldn't be surprising. Kevin Spacey allegedly tried to seduce a 14 year old boy many years ago. He's demonized by both the right and left and fired from pretty much all his current projects.(Not defending him) Roy Moore allegedly assaults a 14 year old girl many years ago. Not even the first assault accusation against him. He's defended by the right, including other republican politicians, and is likely to still win the election. Whatever. I just wish they would stop pretending they were a party that cared about "morals".
    Well "family values" has always been a joke.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    do people know what time this was from?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.d3525a7e6284



    1979.

    now that doesn't mean it's not true, but here is an allegation from 38 years ago.

    Roy Moore is someone who knows for sure whether this is true or not. right now he is saying it is all false.

    if it is true then he should be punished, but it should be noted that this was from 1979 and questioned why is this just now becoming news.
    Yeah, things that happened in 1979 don't count anymore.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,364
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Perhaps we can wait for the ink to dry on the allegations before we tar and feather him? My god. I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of his, and if he is guilty then he should be dealt with accordingly. But we should all probably step back and wait for all the facts..
    Youíre right, completely forgot.

    #thoughtsandprayers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,935
    Good to know how many years it takes for it not to matter that you are a pedophile. Thanks, Special!
    this my sig

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Yeah, things that happened in 1979 don't count anymore.
    Remember when people continually bring up the Whitewater scandal with the Clintons. Good thing we have documented evidence from an uber conservative that it is no longer allowed to ever be brought up again.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,325
    Sometimes I wonder why I even post here.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,322
    **** if I know. All that I can say is if Tim Kaine or Mark Warner did this sleazy ****, I would be voting to primary them and voting against them in the general election. It's wholly unacceptable to me.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,120
    Harvey Weinstein is not a politician. Trump is president. Anyone making a political argument about Harvey while supporting Trump lost credibility the minute the argument started.
    When Hollywood goes political and holds parades and gives political speeches, then when they get caught also misbehaving then they should be held to the same standard. If Democrats accept Hollywood support, they need to condemn them immediately.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,571

    Roy Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    When Hollywood goes political and holds parades and gives political speeches, then when they get caught also misbehaving then they should be held to the same standard. If Democrats accept Hollywood support, they need to condemn them immediately.
    And they do, I mean has anybody defended Wienstin?

    On the other hand when a right wing or son gets busted, many come running to their aid.

    Look we even have somebody here that said that since it happen a long time ago, that maybe itís no big deal.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •